The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

Quote:>Adler: Have your trees shoo the rabbits off. You'd like to finish your meeting by actually accomplishing what you intended, renegotiating your agreement with Ash.

"Can't you shoo the rabbits away?" I asked the trees. "This delay is terribly inconvenient."

"If they come into our territory, we can pwn," the trees rustled meaningfully. "But as long as they stay in the fields and meadows, they are beyond our reach."

Quote:>Burnside:Go into a loud screaching rant about not being able to take off her boots, or her gloves.
>Adler: while you wait and think how you should approach this, you observe Burnside struggling and cussing up a storm.
>Rebecca: You start questioning Burnside and taking notes on what she does and doesn't like about her new look and what you could do to make it better. Customer feedback is indispensable.
>Burnside: You hate it because it's horrible and you would like it more if it wasn't horrible! WHY WON'T ANYONE HELP YOU?!!

It was just as well that my conversation with Ash was cut off, since Burnside was raising a cacophonous racket.

1103tantrum.gif

"DAGNAB RASSAFRASSIN DURN BURN ROOTIN TOOTIN NETHERHELLS!" the raccoon femme yelled as she thrashed around in an attempt to loosen some of the clothing Rebecca and I had made for her.

"What exactly don't you like about your new ensemble," Rebecca asked, "and how could it be improved? Your feedback is invaluable."

"I hate it cause it's horrible," Burnside declared angrily. "I'd like it a lot more if it warn't horrible! Even better if it was OFFA me! I can't walk in these durn stilt shoes! I ain't a clown!"

"I have no trouble moving in mine," Rebecca pointed out.

"HELP ME, dadgummit!" Burnside wailed.

"Touch her not," the Ixies warned. "A whole lot of aphids rideth on this."

[quote>Vernier: You are about to move in to intervene, but are stopped by Adler.
>Adler: No no, you want to see this play out.
>Trees: You alert Adler that Ash is ready to speak again.[/quote]

"I'm going to help her, the poor thing," Vernier sighed.

1103wait.gif

"Wait," I said, grabbing her by the arm. "Burnside doesn't deserve anyone's pity. That femme is vicious. She can handle this. I want to see how it plays out."

"As you wish, Sir," Vernier acquiesced. "By the way, have you seen inside Rebecca's notebook? I took a quick peek a minute ago, and what little I saw was frankly ... disturbing. You might want to check on her and make sure she isn't recording completely wrong information."

"Ash Marten says: Im ready 2 talk again LOL," the trees relayed.
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 11-04-2021, 03:27 AM