The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

Quote:>Adler: The sight of Burnside in this get-up causes you to have another fit of laughter. It's just too funny!

0804cackle.gif

Seeing Burnside in that silly getup sent me into another fit of hysterical laughter.

Quote:>Adler: Oh, right... *Ahem* Well, as a reward for Rebecca's service and continued service, you will be willing to give her an outfit just like that one, provided she is absolutely sure she wants to go out in public like that.
>Rebecca: You do! You do!
>Adler: If she's absolutely sure, you giver her the outfit.

0804srsly.gif

"Do you seriously want an outfit just like that?" I asked Rebecca as soon as I could breathe again.

"Oooh yes, My Lord!" she gushed excitedly. "I do! I do!"

"Well, if you're quite certain you want to go out in public dressed like that..."

"I'm certain! I'm certain!"

"Then accept this as a reward for your faithful service now, and in the immediate future." I repeated the Gramarye and produced a matching outfit for Rebecca.

Quote:>Rebecca: Squuuuuuuuueeeeeeee!

0804glamour.gif

"SQUEEEEEE!" Rebecca squealed. "Oh thank you My Lord! I love it! I absolutely love it!"

0804nowthen.gif

"I have to say, that ensemble looks better on her than on Burnside," I observed. "I bet it would look stunning on you, Vernier my dear. Would you like one too?"

"Great Auk, no, sir," Vernier retorted. "As summer progresses, she is going to regret wearing all that black."

"I could make it the standard uniform of my new organization."

"Please don't, sir. Imagine Lysander wearing that."

Quote:>Adler: Well, this has been a very productive meeting. You have a plan, a pretty good one that might just work. Now, there's only one thing you can think of that remains. You need to renegotiate your contract with Ash. If that snake-in-the-grass wants you to shackle him to teach you a lesson, fine, you'll shackle him. You'll shackle him YOUR way, and you'll be completely elfy ans seelie about it. Your ixies can arrange the meeting. They already know where he is, and he wasn't trying to hide. If he tries to refuse, well, you can be scary too.

This mental image jarred me back to my senses.

"Well then, I think I have a pretty good plan. You will spread rumors about my wish-granting powers but we will impose a lot of conditions making it difficult for people to reach me, and leave the actual wish fulfillment up to my whim ... or perhaps to random chance. Lowfolk like to gamble, do they not? Also I need to renegotiate my bargain with Ash, to prevent him being a continuous problem for me. We need to find a way to meet, since I can't scry past the edge of the forest and he can't enter the forest ... hmm, this might be tricky."
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 08-05-2021, 03:28 AM