The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

Quote:>Adler: Okay now, there she is, you can do this. Don't freak out and start worshiping her, she herself said you need to manage your attachment to stay mentally healthy. Stand tall and address her in a calm, professional matter... Don't... DON'T...

0630dont.gif

VERNIER! It was Vernier!

As I beheld her, I clenched my fists in grim determination - telling myself that I would NOT fawn over her and embarrass myself; not this time! No, I would control my emotions and address her in a calm, professional manner, as she herself had recommended!

Quote:>Adler: BY FUMA! The poor dear is distraught! Immediately go comfort her and assure her that all that has transpired is no way due to any fault of her own! Quickly! Give her tea and stew. she must recuperate from her exposure to the elements. The poor, poor dear. Dote upon her as she tries to tell you more, whether she want you to or not.
>Burnside and Rebecca: Wow... Just, wow...
>Vernier: Oh dear, this again. Try to get Adler to calm down

0630did.gif

"OH YOU POOR DEAR," I squealed as I rushed over and took her hand. "Fret not! Smooth your troubled brow! Of course I'm not angry at you; how could I possibly be angry at you? None of what happened was your fault. You sweet innocent creature, I cannot express how much it pains me to see you in distress, so put your mind at ease. Were you inconvenienced at all on your journey here? If your dress was torn by thorns, I shall mend it. If it got dirty, I shall clean it. Would you like some tea? I can conjure up some tea, surely. There's a good bit of stew left. Would you like some stew? It's moss and bugs; if you don't like that I can make something else. Do you want to sit? You must be tired after your hike. Give me a moment and I'll magick up a chair for you. Or you could sit on me. Did you run into any brambles or burrs? Do you need me to brush your fur? Because I will, gladly."

"I can see that I've been away too long," Vernier observed.
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 07-01-2021, 02:16 AM