The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
>Trees: Also Ash Marten says that he will be paying a visit "very soon" once he and Adler have some privacy.
>Vernier: Point out to Adler that Lysander might not make a very good ally considering her betrayed the Duchess, his best and most dangerous customer, for a shockingly low amount of money.
>Adler: That might not be an issue, Since Lysander seemingly works for Ash, his loyalty might be assured by association. Plus he may very well have betrayed the Duchess at Ash's command. A cunning play if true.
>Vernier: Before you leave, lay out your theory for why Adler has such a weak spot for lowfolk ladies. Based on what he's told you, most of his interactions with elf women boils down to them trying to manipulate him using wiles. Not to mention being puppeteered by the "Sisterhood" for his whole life doesn't help. On the other side, His recent interactions with lowfolk women have been very different. Most of the lowfolk women he's interacted with have not been impressed by his "elfyness", possibly causing an attraction specifically for being different. Plus twice now it was a lowfolk lady that provided a light during his darkest moments. Once now and earlier with that lowfolk wench who won't be named. You believe Adler's feelings for lowfolk is a result from a combination of mistrusting elf women as a result of manipulation and betrayal and latching onto lowfolk women for treating him much better. So far, anyway. On top of the whole "alluring but dangerous, want it because you can't have it" thing.
>Adler: Uh, maybe? To be  honest, you don't like thinking about it because it stirs up feelings that confuse, frighten, and anger you.
>Adler: After Vernier leaves you send your ixies away as well. Ash's message about "privacy" was loud and clear. Some time passes until a friendly "Hello" startles you. You see a jovial gentleman standing just outside the  circle, leaning forward with his hand resting on the invisible wall. Interesting, he can't enter the circle. He has a warm smile, but a glint in his eyes makes you think of a cat toying with a mouse.
>"Uncle Ash": "At last we meet. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Adler Young. Oh, but I seem to have you at a disadvantage. It's only fair that you know my real name too. I am Lord Randall, and you and I have a lot to discuss."

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by typeandkey - 09-26-2020, 11:33 PM