The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Show Content

Quote:>Adler: Well, you suppose the best way to start is by tickling her chin. Which would be a whole lot easier if your hands weren't shaking so much. You've done this so many times! Why is this so difficult? Why are you so nervous?
>Adler: Mentally berate yourself. Why are you shaking like a leaf? You look like a fool. Stop it! Stop it right now! No, you're making it worse!

Well, clearly tickling Vernier under the chin would be the best way to start! I reached up ...

0909cootchie.gif

"Oh goodness, he's going for it!" she thought, and craned her neck forward.

Why was my hand shaking?? This was ridiculous! I had caressed plenty of femmes before! I could do this! I willed my arm to be still, but that just seemed to make it shake more.

Quote:>Vernier: *Sigh* It looks like you're going to have to take the lead here. Take Adler by the wrist and guide his hand to your chin.

0909grab.gif

"Come on now," Vernier sighed after waiting a few seconds. "There's no need to be nervous. Here, I'll help you."

She grabbed my wrist, and I might have flinched or yelped .. I don't exactly remember.

Quote:>Vernier: Loosen your grip on Adler's wrist and give him back his hand. "You really do look terrified... If you really don't want to, you don't have to do this."
>Vernier: You instinctively want to comfort him with a hug, but stop yourself as it was your touch that started this. You've been taking care of people for a long time now. Especially your brother who was "simple". Adler reminds you a lot of your brother.

"You really do look terrified," Vernier observed.

"Nnno, I c-can do this," I squeaked.

0909whatwrong.gif

"This isn't right," she declared, letting go of my arm. "I thought at first you were just a pouf, but this is something else entirely."

"He reminds me of my simple-minded little brother," she thought.

Quote:You can tell when something is bothering someone. There is a lot more going on here than meets the eye, especially if it can turn Lord Randal into such a wreck. Gently ask him if he wants to talk about it.

"You poor thing," she continued, bending down to look me levelly in the eye. "You're all alone out here with nobody to talk to but those bug thingies. Yes, I can see in your eyes that you are much older than you look, and you've had more than your share of troubles. Do you want to tell me about it?"

Quote:>Adler: You freeze up. When was the last time someone asked you what was bothering you and actually meant it?
>You,re going to have to raise his confidence up, ylu're not greagt at it....
>Adler Doesn't matter, anyone to confide in will do...

What insidious new Wile was this?? As if I would be foolish enough to give this lowfolk wench the incredible leverage she would have over me if I confided my inmost sorrow to her! I knew better than that!

It took a split second for these thoughts to pass through my mind, and then -

0909baww.gif

"EVERYBODY I KNEW AND CARED ABOUT IS GONE," I blubbered while clutching pathetically at the lowfolk femme.

"There there," Vernier murmured as she gently rocked back and forth. "Just let it out. Tell me all about it."
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 09-10-2020, 01:26 AM