The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

Quote:>Lowfolk Worshipers: Arrive in high spirits.
>Adler: Make your big entrance. "Welcome!"

"Wow, there it is," one of the group exclaimed as they stomped through the bushes.

"I had heard stories that this place existed, but I never fully believed them," another murmured in tones of wonder.

Well, this was my moment.

0506welcome.gif

"WELCOME, DISCIPLES," I bellowed, as a few butterflies fluttered around me. Confound it! The swarm had been much more impressive when we were rehearsing!

Quote:>Worshipers: "Hi, there. We're looking for Lord Ramble the Hair God. Do you know him?"
>Adler: *Heavy Sigh* "Yes, I'm the one known as Lord Ramble. You're looking for me."
>Worshipers: "Oh, okay."
>Everyone: Stand there awkwardly for a few minutes.

0506thatshim.gif

"Oh hey there fella," the male of the group called up to me. "We're looking for Lord Ramble the majestic hair elf. Do you know where he is?"

"That's him, Toby," Oak whispered.

"Really? That guy??"

"Yes! I told you to keep your expectations low!"

"I AM HE WHO IS KNOWN AS LORD RAMBLE," I intoned, trying to ignore their dispiriting exchange. "YOU NEED SEEK NO FURTHER! WELCOME TO MY SANCTUM."

"Whatever you did to the forest, My Lord," Oak declared at me, "I thank you. It was much easier getting here than it was the last time."

Quote:Cultists: On your way to meet you lovely godly hairy master, you are bushwacked by the heathen rabbits!

0506surprise.gif

Whatever she was going to say next was interrupted by someone shouting "WITCHES!!" from somewhere just beyond the edge of the circle.
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 05-07-2020, 12:41 AM