The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Show Content

Quote:>Ixies: continue delivering exposition as Adler gets to work tidying the place up.
>Adler: Treat your Ixies like a live studio audience as you set about redecorating the stone circle while putting on an over-the-top TV-style persona.
Angela: Be upset Adler did not eat the mushrooms, well your hungry and you are still going to eat any scraps that Adler deems worthy. Eat the mushrooms..

"Go on," I muttered vaguely while I surveyed the circle with a decorator's eye.

"Lady Hawke financeth all of Jerry's nutty projects and he acteth with nigh impunity in the town. His antics have drawn lots of attention. People join him just for laughs at first, but his madness seemeth to be contagious. Meanwhile the rabbits apparently worship the Blessed Baby Bunny begotten by the cosmic ram. It maketh about as much sense as the shoe cult but is far less funny."

"Uh huh," I replied - and then, spotting something out of the corner of my eye, "EUREKA! That's it!"

0408spruce.gif

"What better way to spruce up an area than with a decorative spruce?" I exclaimed, apporting one in from nearby. "It adds that touch of evergreen dignity that will really make your guests feel comfortable AND reverent!"

"Needeth to be much bigger," one Ixie commented.

"Sire, wert thou even listening to our report?" another inquired.

"GTFO," Angela sulked. "U didnt use teh mushrooms I brought 4 U! Well fine, Im hunrgy, Ill eat them myself."

0408ponder.gif

All of the Ixies' chatter, and the forest's growing rustle of consternation faded into the background as I scrutinized the stone circle with a critical gaze. This was almost like making stew! Instead of flavors, I just had to arrange colors, shapes, and textures in a pleasing manner. A holly bush here, a patch of violets over there, a few medium-sized stones scattered in a manner carefully calculated to appear random...

Quote:like wow man these colors taste amazing, and hey is that a talking rock.
>Angel: In the midst of your musroom trance blurt out some fragments o fa few Vulpitian state screts.

0408trippin.gif

"Oooooo good morning Mr Rock," Angela cooed as I apported one next to her. "How R U? Yes of course its me, silly. Yea, I have changed havent I LOL thx 4 noticing!1! But I havent 4gotten my mission. Still following Teh Plan. He will fall 2 my Wiles, just U weight & C. Meanwile, did U ever notice orange is a flavor & a color? Well red is 2! & blue, OMG its delicious. U weight rite hear & Ill get U sum blue 2 try."
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 04-09-2020, 03:27 AM