The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Show Content

Quote:>Adler: Get very defensive and attempt to justify your ridiculous, hackneyed steam scheme.
Estvan: Whenever you try introducing water to something combustible, it stops being combustible....
>Adler: Nonsense! The old Iranaeus once made water burn when angry enough, and you are no less than him!
>Estvan: That boyo is way less than him.

"Ye do know, lad," Estvan stated with a suspicious squint at me, "that when ye introduce water to somethin' flammable, it stops bein' flammable at all, at all?"

0226iknewthat.gif

"Of course I know that!" I protested. "For Fuma's sake, give me a little bit of credit! I'm not a complete moron, you know! And besides, aren't you forgetting that Irenaeus once set fire to a river? If he could do it, why couldn't I?"

"Sure an that was after he poured barrels of oil on it," Estvan remarked. "An you, me boyo, are no Irenaeus."

"Well, mister smarty-pants," I sneered. "I wasn't steaming the exploding-powder with water. I was steaming it with alcohol, so there."

Quote:>Estvan: Keep shaking your head while he speaks. You're not mad, just very disappointed

1226letsjust.gif

"Oh well begorrah, that's entoirely different," Estvan noted inscrutably. "Look, lad, let's just get into the scryin' devoice an foind me dear woife an son, shall we? The sooner oi'm gone, the sooner ye can continue yer wee experiments, bedad."
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 02-27-2020, 03:23 AM