The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

Quote:>The lorem ipsum must be some kind of copy protection to keep the books unreadable to outsider eyes. Think hard, what's different about this one? Did you handle it differently from the other books?
Estvaan: That book! That is the key to breaking this time warp bullshit

"Sure an that sounds loike a celestial gazetteer," Estvan theorized. "Those planetary tables are what ye need to properly reconcile the toime discrepancies between worlds. But oi looked at all the books oi chucked over, bedad! What did ye do to this one, to be able to read it?"

"Nothing," I murmured. "I just picked it up."

"Let me see that," he insisted, scooting next to me to peer at the pages of the book. "Begorrah, tis nothin' but Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit at all, at all.. Sure an the DV put a powerful glamer on these books to keep 'em safe from unauthorized eyes, if even oi who have Fuma's own Gift o' Power am unable to read one whose contents are already known to me, bedad."

0219thisone.gif

"What's in this one?" he asked, picking up a random book from the pile where he had tossed them.

"That's just full of Lorem Ipsum nonsense," I observed.

Quote:>Estvan: "Now then, about that alchemy set."
>Adler: Explain that you were trying to steam gun powder.

0219alchem.gif

"Hmmm," Estvan mused thoughtfully. "So yer able to read some that oi can't, but there are still others which neither of us are permitted. Sure, tis a puzzle ... BEGORRAH! What is it ye were tryin to do with this wee alchemy set?"

"Oh," I replied. "I was trying to steam some of that exploding powder that the lowfolk make."

Quote:>Estvan: *blink* .... Why?

0219why.gif
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 02-20-2020, 03:27 AM