[CLOSED] Species applications

[CLOSED] Species applications
RE: Break the application system so Specie submissions can open
(09-02-2018, 03:05 AM)Numbers Wrote: »[Image: unknown.png]
Oops, I dropped lines on the above text!

I'm ok with this. This is a "human error" fix that'd be rejected by hand. I will see if I can at least get special characters rejected from being submitted as a name as it messes with the system (while everything else can have all the special characters it wants as it doesn't mess with the system.

(09-03-2018, 08:46 PM)ProbablyNotRed Wrote: »Apparently naming a entry "null" and trying to edit it doesn't work
I checked and it works just fine, did you make sure to copy and paste the current password correctly when it gave it to you? (It's "2vjvf5tE2U")

(09-01-2018, 04:56 PM)Yaveker Wrote: »On the edit god page you currently have placeholder text instead of info about editing the god

"4. The placeholders are not bugs and will be edited into actual words soon. "
I'll fix that before the next application move.

(09-01-2018, 02:11 PM)bappitybapcat Wrote: »Box heck.

One of these is a bug while the others are just ok, aka it's the user's choice to do the thing and it's working as intended, the user just is doing something strange but not harmful. I'll fix up the bugs on this one.

(09-01-2018, 02:27 PM)Dorsidwarf Wrote: »[Image: bmqg8QS.png]

What do you mean "too big"

I'll see if I can get applications to be rejected if any entries are unreasonably huge.

(09-01-2018, 08:40 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »First off...
[Image: unknown.png]
I don't think [Name of Special Trait] is synonymous for [Last Name] (thankfully, it didn't appear as if it autofilled the email anywhere so it might just be Firefox BUT STILL)

Alas this seems to be a baffling firefox issue. It thinks "specialname" = Last Name, but for whatever reason doesn't think "name" = Name which is really weird! You'd think it'd want to autofill name while it was at it. If it becomes a major issue I will change specialname to something else.

(09-01-2018, 08:40 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »NOPE WAIT THERE'S AN ACTUAL BUG. IF YOU HAVE IT AUTOFILL A NAME WHEN YOU SUBMIT THE APP IT AUTOMATICALLY FAILS

This is actually because you do end up giving your email to the site, even though you don't see it by auto filling. Basically the application got flagged as a bot because it gave the site an email when it wasn't suppose to, or be able to.

(09-01-2018, 08:40 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »Actual bugs and/or potential bugs found:
[*]Tags don't check if they close correctly. So you could make the whole application italicised. Or purple. Or both, if it so behoves you.

This is a bug. It will likely be fixed by hand if I can't figure out an automatic system.

(09-01-2018, 08:40 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »[*]You can use unicode sequences like > to get a > symbol in there, or the correct code for any character really. This is probably an intended mechanism, but just letting you know.

Yep, intended.

(09-01-2018, 08:40 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »[*]I don't know which all colors are defined, but it's neither anything (with hexcode) or CSS/HTML list. Again, restricting the colorset probably makes sense; no need for 16 million plus ones.

Yep the colorset is currently restricted to red, blue, green, yellow, purple. I'll put that in a guide when things are spruced up as the limited color pallet can be confusing.

(09-01-2018, 08:40 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »[*]Quotes and everything inside of them disappear in some sections on editing. So if you have a trait named like "test", when you first submit it, it will be fine. If you edit it and don't re-type the quotes, the entire trait will vanish.

Oh that is...weird. I'll see if I can fix that. I'll pm you on discord if I need a walkthrough on how to break it.

(09-01-2018, 08:40 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »[*]HTML tags directly and indirectly don't work. So I sadly couldn't make a trait who's description was a link to the RickRoll video.

This will also be in the guide. Not all tags work, only the basic ones like br, b, i, etc.

=========

Thank you for all of the reports! I'm going to get things fixed up and then open another application section to be tested!
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]

Messages In This Thread
[CLOSED] Species applications - by Gimeurcookie - 09-01-2018, 06:37 AM
RE: Break the application system so Specie submissions can open - by Gimeurcookie - 09-06-2018, 02:31 PM