RWC Humiliation Station 2011 (HERE COMES THE DEBT COLLECTOR)

Place your bets, it's the other World Cup, and the one my country has to give an inordinately large crap about seeing as we're hosting it. I've been watching a few games because it's allegedly our national sport and junk, but the drunken revellers I can hear wailing outside might get a bit old as exams draw closer. Ah well. In the interim, I'm going to start up a totally legitimate betting pool

Payment can be in weird favours, fanart, fanfiction, webcredits, boondollars, blood oaths, or photographic proof of people doing dumb things. You can bet on any aspect of the World Cup, provided it's not a pain in the arse for me to verify it happening.

How it works
Four pools with five countries each; two countries from each pool go through to the quarter-finals, then the semis, then someone eventually hefts the big prize, while my country shoulders a huge debt for hosting this thing. Woo!

Semis:
New Zealand vs Australia
France vs Wales

Quarter-final matchups:
SpoilerShow

The pool stages:
SpoilerShow

Place as many bets as you like; they're first-come first-serve (so if I bet New Zealand will come fourth place, nobody else can bet that specifically) so I'll keep track of 'em in the OP.

'dem wagers (red means they lost, and need to fill their end of the bargain):

Schazer
-New Zealand reaches the semis but does not win outright. (Wager: One dare executed in real life, with photographic evidence)
-Russia beat the USA in the Pool stage, and neither of them go to the quarter-finals (Wager: one mandatory post within 48 hours in a thing, wherever)
-Dunedin will have the highest ratio of Streakers:Games of any city hosting World Cup matches. (Wager: One crocheted pokemon, group choice)

Solaris
-USA takes the Webb Ellis (Wager: a musical number in whacky costume)

Cyber95
-Canada and USA somehow emerge from the respective pools, face off, and Canada wins (Wager: Two minutes of staring at a camera while juggling)

Epamynondas
-No more than two of New Zealand, Brittania, The Land of Ire and Midgets, USA (USA) and South Africa will exit the qualifying stage (Wager: a page-long essay singing the praises of something)
-The score difference of one semifinal match will be between two and four times greater than that of the other one (Wager: a maximum three minutes of dancing recorded, then dubbed over with elevator music)

Agent
-One of Australia or Wales make it to the semis (Wager: A song)

Pyp
-Fiji wins (Wager: One fanart, group choice)
-Russia makes it to semis, loses (Wager: Entry and legitimate play of one crowd-sourced character into a mini-grand)

-Wales wins (Wager: A post in a specified Grand Battle)

Fogel
Wales, France, South Africa, and New Zealand each win their quarter-final matches. (Wager: an adventure about the Rugby World Cup)

Woffles
EUROPE WINS. (Wager: a sonnet - topic is group choice)

Messages In This Thread
RWC Humiliation Station 2011 (HERE COMES THE DEBT COLLECTOR) - by Schazer - 09-10-2011, 11:37 AM