[銀河の物語] - Or Squibsim 2019

[銀河の物語] - Or Squibsim 2019
RE: [GalaxyQst] - Or Squibsim 2019
[Image: GLX_Karla_CharaSheet_05.png?dl=1]

You spend the next hour or two introducing Alex to the rest of your co-workers. On the way out of the office, you run into Rico, who's carrying a largish box. "Oh Hey, Rico, how convenient seeing you... doing your job."
"Oh yeah, no this is my reddin' box, yeah I'm gonna prop it up and read my little gentleman's mags." He says in a tone that betrays nothing... you think.
"Of course I'm fucking working ya' ideeot, not everyone is a lackadaisy layabout like you Karla." You gasp in mock offense, but honestly he's pretty right, you have a bad work-ethic. You're pretty sure the only reason Rico doesn't get a better review than you every month is because of his poor attitude, which may-or-may-not be due to the fact that you are rated so much more highly than him.
You notice Alex begin sniffing about in a manner not unlike some sort of animal. "Whats... in the box? Xv(X)" She asks in that way that says she already has a very strong idea. "Its... *Hem* Its the Friday lunch special."
"Isn't it Monday. Xv(X)"
"Well yeh, but they only uh... "sell" the Friday lunch special on Monday, *wink*" To clarify He did, in fact, audibly say the word 'wink' as he winked.
"Well anyway, Alex, this is Ricico Squall, or just Rico to his friends. He's our resident 'Bus-Bird' Ha, ya get it becau-" "Because I'm a bird yah, you're not clever Karls." You scoff in entirely genuine offense at that remark... you thinks your jokes are pretty good. "You think I'm clever right... resident Frytail Alex?" You say.. Alex does not seem to register the remark. "What does a Busbird do Mr. Rico? Xv(X)"
"Oh a little bit of dis-n-dat, here-n-dere, mainly I take out the trash and bring in deliveries yannow." He hefts up the box he's holding.

[Image: %5BLOST%5D_FortunaDiceRoll.gif?dl=1]
Fortuna rolls a 20 sided die, and rolls a 16.

Rico coarsely insists he "Betta get back to work, or else Dave might Infract me again." He has a hearty chuckle about that one, but you worry that one of these days He's actually going to get fired. If the boss doesn't just kill him first. You've heard that's a thing he does.

You bring Alex along to the Drive-through window, which takes you through the kitchen... You never realized how filthy this place was. "You... don't mind a... ... ..." You trail off as you begin wondering 'Do notails care about that sort of thing.' You've heard conflicting reports. Alex takes glances around "This is fine. Xv(X)" You look around a bit more. "Are you sure, I mean you could get siii.... right."

Fortuna rolls a 20 sided die, and rolls a 15

You decide to move swiftly along, and encounter Meeri, who, rather than manning her station at the drive through, is crouched over a laptop, giggling about something. "And this is Meeri, she mans the Drive through window." Alex tilts her head "I haven't seen a car since I got here... Xv(X)"
"Yeah, I don't have a lot to do in that department." Meeri retorts in a rather indifferent tone. "So I have a lot of time to work on my real passions, like check out my latest project."
[Image: GLX_Panel_007.gif?dl=1]
You're not really certain if this is supposed to drive up sales or not... You don't really get it. "Yeah, you're impressed, I can tell, you don't need to shower me with praise, I got it." She is giggling incessantly at her art as though it was the funniest thing in the world.
Meeri's also our "head of marketing"" You say doing the best attempt at air quotes you can without fingers. "My fake marketing title is more prestigious than your real title, Senior Cashier Karla" She says and sticks her tongue out at you. "Well I'm a Senior something, Junior Cashier Meeri", after a moment, the two of you laugh about it. Alex is left feeling very confused, as far you can reasonably tell.
All that would leave are Dave and the Robots... do the robots count as employees. They aren't paid, because they're robots, you check one of the many clocks, 8:54, you should probably get Alex to work sooner rather than later. "There's also Polly and Arty, who are around, Polly usually helps out Rico or C.B, and Arty..." You think, not entirely sure what the Artemis unit actually does around here. "Provides emotional support to Polly?" You're pretty sure that's a thing Artemises do.
As Alex has certainly met Dave then, you decide to get her situated at her station. "So Frytail Alex, here we finally are in the kitchen, your home for Twelve whole hours a day, except for today." You gesture at the myriad of equipment in the kitchen that Alex will be using. "Thankfully for you, I;ve had to sub in when the cook was away more than once, so I can get you on your feet sooner than If you had a crummy manual, (Which we had lost anyway)."

Fortuna Rolls a 20 sided die, and rolls a 12

Things go fairly well in showing Alex how to operate the equipment, you enlighten her with useful anecdotes of peculiarities with the cheap-when-they-were-new second-hand equipment you're operating here. "Frier 2, has a tendency to seize up do to a magnetic fluctuation, don't ask why a frier requires electromagnets."[/color], And generally Alex seems fairly receptive to your instruction. After a little over 20 minutes of instruction you feel, Alex is sufficiently instructed. "If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask... me, Dave would have a fit if you asked him anything."

Fortuna rolls three 20 sided dice, and rolls a 15, a 12, and a 17

The first few hours of your shift go rather well, there are no obnoxious customers and nobody is confused by the menu --well except for literally being confused by the menu because its full of weird animated Gifs and whatnot-- The hours pass fairly comfortably by the standards of the food industry.
The next few hours after that are not as good, but still rather acceptable, some people come back ornery that they didn't get what they ordered, but other than that you would say the hours pass fairly unnotably.
The last few hours of your shift something rather odd happens. A well-to-do man from the government district show up, they're klannec, and clearly high-class. You think you might've seen them, but you don't know you see all sorts of government people on the news. He orders a single Galaxy Burger --You don't say the phrase because you can mentally distinguish the sandwich from the restaurant-- and a small drink, and then leaves. At which point you notice another spectacular thing, He left a tip, hardly anyone gives you a tip. 300p, its not much, but its better than the nothing you had before.

Fortuna rolls a 20 sided die, and rolls a 10
Fortuna then rolls 4 20 sided dice, and rolls a 10, a 3, a1, and a 12
Fortuna finally rolls 2 20 sided dice, and rolls a 3, and a 4

The minutes click down to 7 o'clock closing time, Dave announces that anyone's who still inside and not an employee will be shot, which you've never seen him do, but then noone stays in after 7.
That doesn't really change tonight either, and the building is mostly empty, you decide to see Dave at this point, as you'd nearly forgotten about it. Dave's office is right across from the rather underused office of Mr Valkrest, the owner and your actual "Boss". You've never been in his office because it's always locked, and with some heavy duty locks as well. Dave's office though is never locked, because Dave is always here and usually awake. You're pretty sure he actually lives here, but you don't have the heart to ask.
Dave's office is for the most part, plainly decorated in company colors, the only divergence being the blue plant in one corner, and a grandiose portrait of Dave, dressed in a business suit, and looking rather imperious. Dave is sitting at his desk "Thank you for coming in Karla." He says, his tail-hand beckoning you to take a seat, which you do without comment.
"I bet you're wondering why I've called you in here Karla" Truth be told you forgot about this meeting up until the last minute. "Yep."
"It's a quite simple thing, but its very important, and its something that I was told couldn't leave this room." Dave says with a noncommittal flourish, and admittedly you are now piqued. "Essentially the gist is this, you, Karla Amelya, have been selected for a Special Employee evaluation, for this month." Your eyes go wide at this, you know you've been kinda [Lazy] but you didn't think it would... "Now don't flip out, it's not a bad thing, its actually a GREAT thing." You are now very confused.
"Basically Mr. Valkrest is taking interest in you so We expect you to perform better than usual Karla... but also, you have been given a special task." Dave pulls out a manila folder, who even uses those anymore... okay you do. "Mr Valkrest, wants, as a special task for your Special Employee evaluation, for you to, assist our new employee in integrating in the Galaxy Burger, Home of the Galaxy Burger, family." Oh what. "We want you to make sure Ms. Alex is as productive and emotionally satisfied an employee as possible."
You blink several times. "Are you... saying you want me to be friends with her."
"If that is how you choose to approach these duties that's your call."
"There isn't any sort of catch?" You're very incredulous.
Dave reviews the file he has. "...Nope." He closes it very suddenly. "If there's nothing else, than you are dismissed Karla."

You are rather flabbergasted as you leave the room, suspicious, perplexed, mildly amused. You're really not certain how to feel about this. Its not like this is a task you don't want to do, after all you felt fairly cordial with her after your interactions today, but its such an odd thing to ask of an employee, you feel.
You decide to put it out of your mind, if the company wants you to make friends with someone, well it'd be best to do so in a natural way with no ulterior motives.
You think about the usual things you do after the end of a workday,
-You could go to that club you like that doesn't have an entry fee, you'd have to go back home to get your nice clothes, and you don't have a lot of money... you could probably get some lovesicks to buy you drinks, but you don't know.
-There's the woods outside of town, they have a reputation for being dangerous, especially as it gets dark, but it's still a nice place to clear your head that doesn't expect much fiscal commitment of you.
-Then there's the arcade, you might not be a juvenile anymore but man you love the arcade anyway.

As you're thinking this over you notice Alex walking down the way. The way she's going is the opposite of where most of your co-workers, and yourself, go, because it leads through Desolation Rowe, the bad part of town. She apparently lives there so you guess it makes sense. Thinking about it, you've literally never gone down there, you're pretty sure you can get to your apartment that way as well...

[Image: GLX_Karla_CharaSheet_06.png?dl=1]
[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: PxleLogo_Da.gif?dl=1][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: PxleSig_%5BLOST%5D.png?dl=1][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...

Messages In This Thread
RE: [GalaxyQst] - Or Squibsim 2019 - by eerr - 05-25-2018, 03:24 PM
RE: [GalaxyQst] - Or Squibsim 2019 - by eerr - 05-25-2018, 08:03 PM
RE: [GalaxyQst] - Or Squibsim 2019 - by LoverIan - 05-26-2018, 12:07 AM
RE: [GalaxyQst] - Or Squibsim 2019 - by eerr - 05-26-2018, 03:02 AM
RE: [GalaxyQst] - Or Squibsim 2019 - by LoverIan - 05-26-2018, 05:27 AM
RE: [GalaxyQst] - Or Squibsim 2019 - by LoverIan - 05-27-2018, 05:28 AM
RE: [GalaxyQst] - Or Squibsim 2019 - by LoverIan - 05-28-2018, 02:16 AM
RE: [GalaxyQst] - Or Squibsim 2019 - by SirBlizz98 - 05-28-2018, 02:42 AM
RE: [GalaxyQst] - Or Squibsim 2019 - by LoverIan - 05-28-2018, 03:31 AM
RE: [GalaxyQst] - Or Squibsim 2019 - by LoverIan - 05-29-2018, 01:13 PM