The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Show Content

Quote:>Adler: Careful now, that disguise is having some kind of effect on you. It would be bad if your fictional persona took over completely, hopefully there isn't some kind of sinister hex on you. However, you may have need of it a while longer. Whatever is going on, someone wants your brother close to the SALVS. He's probably going to be at that prize dinner with the others. Attending that dinner is absolutely vital to your mission. There'll surely be all kinds of sensitive info floating around, not to mention keeping Estmere out of harm's way.
>Avogadro: Do something hilariously pathetic, you miserable creature, you.
So, stop thinking like an unseelie SALV and focus on your mission.
>SALV Chesswick: Be annoyed that you were pulled into judging PieFightCon when you really should be trying to find out what Adler's up to.
(HSH Princess Relda) Fight against the urge to stay a snow-white vixen.
(HSH Princess Relda) See Estmere continuing to schmooze with the gi-raffe babe.
(HSH Princess Relda) Believe that Estmere may be in great danger.
(HSH Prince Adler) Reveal yourself.
> Change of plans: disappear behind a corner to transmogrify into an ungulate, seduce your brother to lure him into safety.

[Image: 0411aghastrelda_zpswjx15jvd.gif]

My mind was a whirl of conflicting thoughts and emotions as I stood there, looking out over the judges' box and the crowd beyond.

"Let me up!" Avogadro cried from somewhere behind the partition wall. "You don't understand! I'm meant to be her squire! I will hold the pies and brush her tailfur."

This form was far too tempting, with all of the attention and free stuff I could get while in it. I needed to change back to myself, but doing so right here in full view of everyone would be disastrous! I needed to stay under cover a little while longer; I had a mission to carry out, and good reason to believe my brother was in danger!

"Let me extend to you a Royal Invitation to this pie fight dinner thing, babe," he was saying to the giraffe, who grinned and batted her eyelashes at him.

Perhaps I should transmogrify myself into an attractive ungulate Floozy, to seduce Estmere and lead him to safety!

Great Fuma, no! That was an even worse plan! What was I thinking?

"Very vell, Anton," SALV Chesswick barked irritably. "If it is zat important to you, zen fine, I retract mine points deduction. Let's chust get zis foolishness over mit. I haf more important zings to do! I need to be keepink der tabs on Prince Adler's rebellious army, und I can't do zat vhile judging silly contests."

"Hear that, my dear?" Vulpsmarshal Sweetcheeks simpered at me. "You're going to be going to the dinner with the Emperor, and SALV Kraekenhoepfer, and me, Sweetcheeks."

I had to hold out long enough to attend this dinner! There would be vital intel to gather, as well as my best chance to inform Estmere of the danger he was in. I just needed to remember who I really was, long enough to get through it, and get out.

Show Content

Quote:Webb and Lemmy, join forces in investigating the vixen of interest. Come to some startling conclusions when comparing notes. Do not realize that you're investigating two completely different vixens...

"You say you tracked her from the Gladsome Antglade?" Glenholm Webb inquired. "That is curious indeed, since she hails originally from frozen Lengra-Cha."

[Image: 0411lemmygloat_zpsg0nf3exc.gif]

"You fell for that?" Lemmy chuckled. "Wait til I tell my son about how I, Lemuel O'Possum, knew something that the great detective Glenholm Webb didn't know!"

"I'm not infallible, young elf," detective Webb remarked drily. "So what you say intrigues me. Are you quite sure of your vixen? She has, if this is who I think it is, changed her appearance quite dramatically."

"She certainly has," Lemmy crowed. "There's very few indeed that would recognize her in her present shape."

"I cannot figure what she would be doing in the Antglade," Webb muttered, with a thoughtful puff of his pipe.

"I can tell you all about it, sir," Lemmy declared smugly.

Show Content
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 04-12-2018, 02:01 AM