The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Quote:>Adler: Trying to use Estvan's magic bowl while under the influence produces some unforeseen results. It's a lot more "immersive" than last time.
>Miss Thompson is dreaming about having tea with giant lobsters on the moon.
>Miss Thompson: For some odd reason, dream of .. a maple leaf

[Image: 0131visions_zpsv1j9pa9f.gif]

I knelt next to Miss Thompson and peered into the dream-scrying bowl.

"WHOOOAH," I exclaimed, as visions of tea-sipping lobsters and maple leaves seemed to emerge from the water and swirl around me.

"Is it anythin' useful you're gettin' from her, lad?" Estvan inquired.

Quote:This is hardly relevant, maybe you can influence what she thinks about by whispering into her unconscious ear.
>Let us discuss butterflies instead.

I shook my head. "NNNOT REEEALLLYY."

"Sure an' ye should use subliminal suggestion to steer her thoughts in the right direction," the old fox suggested.

"TELLL MMMEE ABOOOUT THE BUUUTTERFFFFLIIIIIES," I murmured towards Thompson's ear.

Quote:>You haven't even smoked the damn thing, you whimp. Just shake it off .you light weight.
>someone: be willing to help the prince shake it off by vigorous application of a couple of slapps

[Image: 0131dummy_zpsgoorx6wk.gif]

"Begorrah," Estvan snapped, as he slapped me on the back of my head. "Shake it off, ya spalpeen! Sure an' ye only smelled the thing; twasn't enough to inebriate a mosquito! We've no time to be wastin' on this foolishness, so it's I'll be questionin' the Floozy while you put a stop to these Unseelie shenanigans that're happenin' amongst your allies."

Quote:>Burnside: Torture the stoner buck by taking his weedstick away and holding it just out of reach

[Image: 0131cruelty_zpskcuooutc.gif]

I turned in the direction Estvan pointed, to see Burnside waving the stranger's smoke-stick in front of his face while Thomson held him fast.

"Hey come on, man!" the stranger sobbed. "Don't Humphrey the weedstick, man! Give it back! I'll talk! I'll talk!!"

"Well then start talkin, son," Burnside cackled with malicious glee.

Quote:Burnside, learn the buck's name and a bunch of interesting, but useless trivia about him. Then fall under the effect of the smoke yourself.

"My real name is actually Speedy, but everybody calls me Earl," the stranger sobbed. "I played badminton in school and could have gone pro but my career was cut short when I took a shuttlecock to the knee. I enjoy knitting and flower arranging. My favorite food is soup. I like long walks by firelight and romantic picnics in the ocean. My biggest turn-offs are encyclopedias and people who steal my weedstick."

[Image: 0131stinky_zpsudxkbmuf.gif]

"What's so great about this rancid stuff anyways?" Burnside asked. "It smells like a buncha dirty diapers in a cinder barrel. And stop changin' colors when I'm talkin' to you, bwah!!"

Quote:>Scutti in chief: since you ate the bread, start ranting incoherently.
>MacBrock: Suddenly the munchies hit you
Army, run out of food again.

[Image: 0131raving_zpskrh1ktob.gif]

Suddenly one of the solders stood up and began yelling as he lashed his luxurious white tail angrily back and forth.

"WHY ARE WE WASTING TIME LOLLYGAGGING AROUND HERE?" he bellowed. "WHEN I WAS IN COMMAND WE NEVER STOPPED FOR SNACKTIME! WE WERE SUSTAINED SOLELY BY THE BLOOD OF OUR FOES! ON TO ALBRIC TOR AND MY GREAT DESTINY!!"

"WE'LL NE'ER MAKE IT," MacBrock wailed miserably behind him. "NINE MEALS TAE GET THERE, AN' NOWT A SCRAP O' FOOD TAE BE HAD! I'M STARVIN' ALREADY!!!"
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 02-01-2018, 03:54 AM