The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Quote:A group of soldiers, go teach the old priest a lesson about what happens to anybody who would dare to slow down their revolution.

"WE'RE GONNA TEACH YE A LESSON YE'LL NO SOON FORGET, OLD TIMER!" MacBrock bellowed as he and a few other soldiers broke ranks and advanced on Brother Matthias.

[Image: 1016lesson_zpsrcsmkon2.gif]

With awe-inspiring speed and military precision, they set up a chalkboard and began sketching diagrams.

"Wise Professor Skunk lays it out clearly for an elf to understand," one recruit explained as he consulted a large book. "Right here in the second chapter of Imperial Army Mechanics, taking the aggregate mass of the army multiplied by the speed of their march, factoring in time of day and angular rise of ground, and then exponentially quadrifilterated by the quantity S if their leader is a Scion of Irenaeus .. regard the formula clearly written out here."

"It can be reet dangerous tae impede the progress o' sooch a force." MacBrock tapped the chalkboard menacingly with his pointer, and Brother Matthias glowered.

"You young whelps think you can teach me a thing or two, eh?" the old priest muttered, as he tightened his grip on his staff.

Show Content

Quote:>Adler: Go and address Brother Matthias, maybe convince him to endorse you and put in the good word at the church. Unfortunately, because of your current "bond-issue", your words are a lot more flirtatious
>Mathias: Do consider joining Adller cause when he mention getting rid of the Archbishop.
Adler: make it a priority to be cleansed by a priest so that the trophy may lose it's power on you
Adler, attempt defusing the situation.
Fail due to the link with Fifi.
>Adler: Explain that you're marching to Albic Tor to correct Fuma's mistake and reform the Mephitist church while you're at it and put some handsome goat on the holy see hint hint nudge nudge.

"Cease this importune education!" I commanded as I clambered down from the ant-cart and strode confidently forward. "I know this priest, and would parley with him!"

The soldiers saluted and withdrew.

"What are you up to, lad?" Matthias asked. "This seems a dangerous game you are playing with these elves' lives."

[Image: 1016teehee_zpsrqv1imul.gif]

"I have a mission from Fuma to correct the Mistake," I explained. "You know Estmere's government is a sham. I'll take the throne and reform the Church. When the Bishop and Primate are gone, perhaps there'll be a place for a handsome, mature goat as Presbyter if you play along. Whadda you say, cutie?"

"Boy, you need to be CLEANSED," Brother Matthias said with a disapproving scowl.
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 10-17-2017, 01:06 AM