The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Quote:Adler: voraciously search for the trophy and burn it while ordering the restraining of Thomson.

[Image: 1002gotpoppet_zps3l4fwlj1.gif]

"Somebody seize them!" I yelled as I lunged toward Thomson and yanked the little hair-poppet out of her unconscious hand. "Unseelie trophy! I must destroy this accursed thing immediately!"

Quote:duchess > warn adler too late that the poppet hasn't been unbound!

[Image: 1002holdon_zpszotarg54.gif]

"Hold on a second, Adler honey!" the Duchess warned from the porch. "That thang ain't been -"

Quote:alder > burn the poppet and begin rolling around in agony!
Adler, still be under the influence of the spell.

[Image: 1002burn_zps9u1qvinj.gif]

Ignoring her, I magicked the unholy object into flame and then dropped it as I screamed in agony. I felt as though my fur was on fire! I flung myself to the ground and began frenziedly rolling around.

Quote:burnside > put out the poppet quickly stomping it with your foot
Alder > feel like your being stomped
>Adler: Blackout.

[Image: 1002stomp_zps9cgehgey.gif]

In my confusion I seemed to see Burnside run up to me, and then suddenly I was crushed by a series of heavy blows that seemed to break every bone in my body! I lost consciousness as my breath was forced out of me.

Show Content

Quote:burnside > carry the unconscious adler back "okay enough excitement for one day" load him in a cart and get underway
>Situation at the swamp: Wrap up. Army start marching towards the capital.

[Image: 1002awaken_zpsp0qlu0u9.gif]

The next thing I knew, I was being lulled back to wakefulness by the rocking motion and creaking of an antcart. I lay on my back and watched the treetops glide slowly past until I realized that my head was resting in Burnside's lap.

"What happened?" I murmured sleepily.

"Back with us, sugar?" she asked quietly as she stroked my hair. "You been out for a while. Her Grace got your troops provisioned and loaded you in this here cart, and we is now underway to the Capital. Not many elves coulda survived the burnin' of their own bonded Hoodoo Wiles Poppet, but you is strong. You got the Irenaeid blood in you for sure."
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 10-03-2017, 02:39 AM