Cloudsea Q&A - Ask things you were afraid to ask yesterday, today, for tomorrow!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloudsea Q&A - Ask things you were afraid to ask yesterday, today, for tomorrow!
RE: Cloudsea Q&A - Ask things you were afraid to ask yesterday, today, for tomorrow!
SpoilerShow

Q: In addition to the fantasy setting, with bio-mechanics, what level/era of technology is the cloud sea's overall aesthetic currently in?

A.1: Good question. The answer is probably as simple as going "wherever my hyperactive imagination ends up" but there are some preset ideas I have.

A.2: On the subject of society? It's probably more Victorian. We'll probably be getting more into that much sooner in terms of the story than maybe I thought we would, but the Imperial Sphere likes to think it's very forward thinking, but they live in a pretty restrictive society, once you leave the safety of your home island. The CloudSea is brutal, and only the strongest survive, and an empire is not built on compassion.

A.3: On the subject of weaponry, specifically firearms: Revolvers, Pepper box pistols, Simple shotgun/blunderbusses, Long powder rifles and the like are PROBABLY the high-end technology wise that most people would see, but considering the wealth of technology to be had from exploring, cartridge based firearms exist, mostly if not almost all in the hands of Imperial military. For an absolute value: Low-end industrial era cartridge fed weapons are probably the be-all end all 99% of the time. The other 1% could be just about anything. I hope that wasn't too confusing. Crap, I'm bad at this. ' <';

A.4: On the subject of FASHION: Top hats? Sure! Tricorn Hats? Yeah! Get unnecessarily fancy with your bad self. Slacks, pants, dresses, camisoles, cloaks, jackets, long coats, tailcoats, formal wear, casual wear, work wear, armor and accessories. Cram it all together!

A.5: On the subject of Ships: Most boats are wood. Between alchemy and other magical processes, it's much easier to mass produce wood. There are metal ships, and just about anybody (read: rich people, military, or pirates) could have one for the right price. Most airships are supported on a gas-bag system, but destroying it doesn't meant that they fall out of the sky. Thanks to the churning winds of the CloudSea, a ship can deploy wings, or sometimes even just float on the waves, and hope to get rescue. There are a few islands down at that level, just for such a purpose. Although they are not officially Imperial Land, and are thus open to a much more... fanciful interpretation of law and order. Also yes, depending on their abilities, there could very easily be someone riding around the CloudSea, on their own, on a bike.

This was probably more confusing. Sorry. Lemme know if this helped? '> ';;;;

Messages In This Thread
Discord Shenanigans - by Zephyr Nepres - 07-10-2017, 01:54 PM
RE: Cloudsea Q&A - by A-cha - 07-10-2017, 02:00 PM
RE: Cloudsea Q&A - Ask things you were afraid to ask yesterday, today, for tomorrow! - by NotABear - 07-10-2017, 10:50 PM