Monotype Tourney Sun Moon Edition - Finalise teams by 4/16!

Monotype Tourney Sun Moon Edition - Finalise teams by 4/16!
RE: Monotype Tourney Sun Moon Edition - 5 slots remain!
Rules clarifications:

Re the 1 Legendary limit: Standard Legendaries, Mythicals, Ultra Beasts and Guardian Deities for the purposes of this tournament all count as Legendary. Obviously if your Legendary is on the Monotype or OU banlists, you still can't use it.

I was urged to consider the lack of access to high-powered 'mons some teams would have compared to others, which made me put this bullshit together:

Code:
Flying        Celesteela, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Landorus, Thundurus, Tornadus (Mega Charizard, Mega Pigeot, Mega Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Salamence)
Dragon        Guzzlord, Latios, Latias, Kyurem-Black    (Mega Garchomp, Dragonite, Salamence, Hydreigon, Goodra, Kommo-o)

Steel        Celesteela, Heatran, Cobalion, Jirachi, Magearna (Mega Steelix, Metagross, Mega Mawile)
Psychic        Latios, Latias, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Cresselia, Necrozma, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Victini, Meloetta, Hoopa (Mega Alakazam, Metagross, Mega Slowbro)
Dark        Guzzlord (Tyranitar, Hydreigon, Mega Sableye)
Rock        Nihilego, Terrakion (Mega Aerodactyl, Tyranitar)

Water        Suicune, Keldeo, Manaphy, Volcanion, Tapu Fini (Mega Gyarados, Mega Blastoise, Mega Slowbro)
Fire        Moltres, Entei, Heatran, Victini, Volcanion (Mega Charizard(s))
Fairy        Magearna, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini (Mega Mawile)
Grass        Virizion, Celebi, Tapu Bulu (Mega Venusaur)
Bug        Buzzwole (Mega Pinsir)
Poison        Nihilego (Mega Gengar, Mega Venusaur)
Ground        Landorus (Mega Garchomp, Mega Steelix)
Ghost        Hoopa (Mega Gengar, Mega Sableye)
Normal        Regigigas, Meloetta (Mega Pigeot)
Ice        Articuno, Kyurem-Black (Mega Glalie)

Fighting    Buzzwole, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Meloetta (Kommo-o)
Electric    Xurkitree, Zapdos, Raikou, Thundurus, Tapu Koko

This is a list of all the Monotype-legal Legendaries, Mythics (ignoring monotype-unusable stuff like Phione+the regis) and Basically-Legendaries (the Guardian Deities, Ultra Beasts). Everyone gets to choose one of these for their team.

Then also for comparison, I added in brackets "non-gimmick 'mons with comparable base stat totals to the legendaries". I know BST isn't everything (see: Slaking) but this does include Megas which tend to have decent abilities. After factoring in all the pseudo-legendaries that everyone can get access to (for which by our current ruleset we have no limit on) and you see the following:
  • Flying and Dragon get access to a solid range of Legendaries and at least one decent Mega and a pseudo-legendary without doubling up on subtyping. Dragon gets 5.
  • Steel and Psychic have lots of decent options for their Legendary. They both get one Mega and a Psuedo without subtype overlap, as will Rock and Dark (who are more starved for Legendary choice).
  • There's a whole bunch of typings that don't get to snag a pseudo-legendary along with their Mega+Legendary.
  • Lastly, there's Fighting and Electric, who have solid choices for their Legendary but no Mega or Pseudo-legendary (for Electric). Fighting's got Kommo-o, I guess?

If the people playing at the bottom of these power rankings are ok with it then I don't see the need to make further amendments, but thoughts? Comments?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Monotype Tourney Sun Moon Edition - by btp - 04-04-2017, 03:27 AM
RE: Monotype Tourney Sun Moon Edition - by Plaid - 04-04-2017, 08:02 AM
RE: Monotype Tourney Sun Moon Edition - 5 slots remain! - by Schazer - 04-04-2017, 12:52 PM