Ride on the Magic School Bus! (Teacher Talk)

Ride on the Magic School Bus! (Teacher Talk)
RE: Ride on the Magic School Bus! (Teacher Talk)
First day back at work after winter holidays, caught up with Rad Geography Teacher and mentioned the bf (who I visited over the break) is applying to grad schools including one in Stockholm

He mentions he backpacked through Stockholm instead of going to university because (and my Japanese was definitely not up to par here but I'm 90% sure) he protested against the Vietnam war, subsequently got blacklisted from being hired by most companies, gave up on university because in Japan it's apparently mainly to secure a job as a salaryman, and became a teacher instead

I figured it was only polite to offer a decent story in exchange so I told him how Te Urewera National Park was given legal personhood
It took a crash course in the Treaty of Waitangi via a couple of printed-off wikipedia pages (including one in Japanese) and liberal riffling through a dictionary for him to understand what I was fully on about but he appreciated it

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher Talk! - by OTTO - 09-25-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: Teacher Talk! - by btp - 09-25-2016, 05:22 PM
RE: Teacher Talk! - by OTTO - 09-25-2016, 05:33 PM
RE: Teacher Talk! - by btp - 09-25-2016, 06:04 PM
RE: Teacher Talk! - by Loather - 09-25-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: Teacher Talk! - by btp - 10-16-2016, 11:34 PM
RE: Ride on the Magic School Bus! (Teacher Talk) - by Schazer - 01-10-2017, 06:55 AM