The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Show Content

Quote:Ixadler, find yourself dodging unicycle-riding, bug net-wielding special intervention squad.

[Image: 1206klownsquad_zpsbqnqyrhy.gif]

Within seconds, Adoyret Sam was engulfed in a pile of Klowns, which then parted to allow a trio of stern-looking agents to enter. Their leader rode a bizarre one-wheeled contraption and waved a butterfly net as he issued orders to his squad.

"All right, you mugs!" he snarled. "Spread out! We've got a magick-using infiltrator in here, possibly armed with Lengra-Cha Gnostermongery tricks. Consider her armed and dangerous. She has already subdued Marshal Sweetcheeks and she has turned herself into an Ixie so keep your eyes peeled."

Quote:>Suddenly Airborne Little Varmint Fauxie: Evasive manoeuvres!
Fly through an air vent to escape.

[Image: 1206tubes_zpsjiwcflag.gif]

The new Klowns looked formidable, so instead of trying to get past them, I flitted into one of several speaking tubes which were arranged behind the Marshal's desk.

Quote:Air vent, lead down, into a secret place underneath the embassy
(Adlerixie) Have a hair-raising (if that's the proper word) escape from the Vulpitanian Embassy.

[Image: 1206storeroom_zpswpybkuyp.gif]

After numerous twists and turns, I emerged in a dimly lit storeroom. A fox with a pipe sat on a crate near the end of the tube. He flinched with surprise and nearly dropped his match as I zipped out right in front of him.

"Good gracious, LOL," he exclaimed. "U startled me! Is it time allready?? I thot I'd have a moment 2 chill 1st."

I didn't bother to respond, but flew directly towards a small vent window which I spotted high on the opposite wall.

Quote:(Vulpitanian Embassy) Blow up. Again.
(Fire Brigade) Dodge all manner of fireworks shooting out of the building.
Vulpitanian Embassy } suddenly combust into flames! The crys of clown horn honking haunt the night
(Adlerixie) Fly back to GHQ.
(HSH Prince Adler) Change back into skunk form.

I emerged next to the ground, behind some shrubs at a corner of the building. By now it was dark out, and it took me a few seconds to get my bearings. Once I figured out where I was, I made a beeline towards GHQ, ignoring the riotous honking, crackling, whistling, booming, and flickering lights coming from the Embassy behind me.

At the GHQ building, I flew into the fresh-air vent of the South garderobe, down the hall, around the corner, down the stairs, and into the Detention Center, where I promptly transmogrified back into my proper form.

Quote:Ixadler, when you do change back, realize that instead of your usual (uniform), you're still in Relda's.

[Image: 1206whatsfunny_zpsgecwwe8b.gif]

Mara and Alice were still sitting snuggled together on the floor where I had left them. I pulled Sam's box out of my Elfintory.

"I have the Discombobulator Array here," I explained. "Now there's no time to lose. We've got to get you operational as soon as possible. Where's the manual? What's so funny?"
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 12-06-2016, 11:37 PM