The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Quote:SALV Chesswick, realize that SALV Relda Fauxfox has her medal pinned to the wrong side of her chest (which is unsurprising for a Lengra-Cha hick) and smells rather strongly of skunk (which is unusual even for a Lengra-Cha hick). Interrogate the new vixen further.
Maybe you should try pulling a Bavarian fire drill instead of playing on the "shy new girl from the boondocks" card.
Boo-Boo's truth sense, refuse to be quiet. Also, unlike what Yolanda thought, actually mean the medal and monocle to be fake.
SALV Relda Fauxfox > explain the skunk smell due to having a liaison with the kings hand Adler
>FauxFox: Act more confident, if you act like you belong, people are less likely to ask questions.

"SALV Fauxfox, your medal is pinned to der wronk side," Ambassador Chesswick pointed out suspiciously.

"It's on the right side," I retorted, with absolute truth.

"FAKE," Boris yelled again, followed by a yelp as Yolanda pinched his ear.

"Vhy do you schmell zo schtrongly of schkunk?" Alberta asked, sniffing.

"I've had very close personal contact with Prince Adler," I hedged.

"Ach, he has der impressive Viles, does he not?" the Ambassador sighed. The young vixen at her side groaned disgustedly and wrinkled her nose.

"He certainly does," I replied.

"Und vhat exactly vere you doink in zere, zat led you to vhat schmells like ein VERY intimate conference mit der Prince und Right Handt?"

[Image: 1026sass_zpsnf0f8mrs.gif]

"Don't interrogate me, SALV Chesswick!" I snapped imperiously. "My mission, which I am on for Important Reasons, is my own, not yours."

"Okay, okay, fine," the Ambassador shrugged. "Headqvarters likes to keep its zecrets. Zo be it. Take ein chill pill, SALV, I vill not pry into der matter any furzer."

"See that you remember that," I sniffed.

The little vixen glowered at me sullenly but said nothing.

Quote:SALV Relda Fauxfox > Elf mind estvan ask him to keep a eye on the thaumaturgists and quickly give him the gist of whats going on
>Estvan: Fully realize that it's Adler, enjoy the sight nevertheless. Tag along just in case something funny happens, and to his growing discomfort.
>To the Embassy or the Thaumaturgy Den? Such a weighty decision cannot be made lightly.

[Image: 1026uphere_zpszz2micd6.gif]

"Estvan," I thought with Elfmind. "It's me, Adler. I have transmogrified myself into this vixen so as to stay incognito."

"Sure, and a fine job of it you've done too, me boyo," he replied, inspecting my disguise appreciatively.

"My eyes are up here, Estvan," I reminded him. "There are two things I need to do, and I don't have much time to do them. I've got to get into the Vulpitanian Embassy and fetch some spare parts for Alice Chetsweeks' mechanical body. I also have to go to the apartment where Rotnev Nidab and Nexivydah Semos are conducting their experiments, and stop them from completing their work. Can you help?"

"It's forbidden I am from the Embassy, by a restraining order," Estvan explained. "But sure and I wouldn't mind stoppin' in to visit Rotnev and Nexy at all, at all."

Quote:>Adler: Off to the Embassy with you!
SALV Relda Fauxfox> Goto Embassy, go quickly, go straight
Vulpitanian embassy, be heavily decorated for saint Reynard's day, which is a Vulpitanian national holiday

"SALV Chesswick," I said, turning to the Ambassador. "If you are going to the Embassy, I shall accompany you."

[Image: 1026happyday_zpso9hl2pcg.gif]

After a short walk, we entered the Vulpitanian Embassy, where we were greeted by a trio of foxes armed with pies and a seltzer bottle.

"HAPPY SAINT REYNARD'S DAY!" they yelled in unison.
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 10-27-2016, 03:37 AM