Application review and appreciation topic + Lore Q&A

Application review and appreciation topic + Lore Q&A
RE: Application review and appreciation topic
Here's a species I've been working on for the next time apps open up. I haven't really thought much on the personality of the common Spoopers so there's not much there yet.

Name: Spoopers

Physical description: Skeletons with gourd heads, or more accurately, gourds with skeleton bodies. They grow around the skull of other species' skeletons and use them as bodies, holding them together with vines and moving them with weak psychic powers.

Diet: Candy. Lots and lots of candy.

Personality & Traits: Spoopers have a holiday where they scare eachother for fun and give free candy to anyone who's a good sport about it. Problem is, they will insist that it's always this holiday, so they're always trying to make people scream. On the bright side, free candy.
Common traits: (I can never think of these.)

Average Lifespan: 50-70 years (? idk I just pulled that range out of nowhere)

Home Planet: SPOOKUS SCARUS SKELETUS will send shivers down your spine. It is a war-torn world that now mostly contains ruins and Bloops, as there is, ironically, a complete lack of usable skeletons. It is rumored that there may be remnants of whatever species Spoopers got their skeletons from before they reached the space stage, but it's just a rumor.
Oh, and there's trees that grow candy, so there's that.

History: After an event long ago that they call "THE SKELETON WAR" (and will not elaborate any further on), most Spoopers fled their homeworld and have been "bringing holiday joy" to the universe ever since.

Subspecies:

Boneheads: Boneheads grow entirely inside the skull of the skeleton they use, and have stronger psychic powers to hold up their body without any vines. They also appear to have an "eye" when they use particularly strong powers, although this is just a glowing spot caused by the exertion. Unlike their spooky scary brethren, Boneheads like to make people laugh rather than scream. They love telling jokes, especially puns.

Bloops: A Bloop is what happens when a Spooper does not get a body of any sort and roots itself into the ground. They have the strongest psychic powers out of the 3 subspecies, however they have little desire to use it for much more than projecting a psychic "ghost" with a limited range of movement. They will also mark their territory in some way, whether it be a simple line or erecting walls around themselves. They would likely keep to themselves even if they could move around on their own.

Special: They love making elaborate costumes for spooking people, and are quite good at it. (So good in fact that the entire species is prohibited form entering cosplay contests in many major conventions across the universe.) If you need a disguise a Spooper is likely the best one to make it, just don't use the word "disguise" when asking.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Application review and appreciation topic - by nonexistentPumpkin - 01-02-2016, 09:38 AM