We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
[Image: KGRsNYa.jpg] (fixed :T)

all the things wrong about ZSS summed up in one picture.

(i still love ssb4 but this is one character i probably won't be using)
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
The best part is "Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That’s what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time."
Well done Nintendo for buckling down and making sure the unnecessary sexy costumes for a character who is already virtually nude were done in time for the game to ship.
where did her organs go
they left with her spine
I assumed they were all missing beforehand since, y'know, morph ball.
(08-19-2014, 09:26 PM)Granolaman Wrote: »I assumed they were all missing beforehand since, y'know, morph ball.
shit ur right
And all of a sudden the picture has changed to a very confusing one of Link opening a treasure chest full of miscellaneous gaming abstractions.
Or else maybe those things are Samus's missing organs? You've found them, Link! Hurrah!
nintendo has this bad habit of just uploading another picture with the same name in order to avoid actually having to change the front page image name in the code, or at least i assume that is the reason
okay, okay i'll change the link.

anyways uh somehow the whole random bikini thing seems fine to me, considering the fact that she is indeed available as a bikini version in other games. like, uh, zero mission.

it's more the anatomy that is inexcusable, really.

(also, smashbros-miiverse.com exists in case the image changing was a problem for people here.)
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Just because she's been objectified before doesn't mean it's less lame to objectify her now. Somehow even moreso than the zero suit did. The anatomy is pretty fuckin' ridiculous, not because it's distorted or unrealistic (that's pretty par for the course), but because it's ridiculous specifically in a way to sexify her up. Gotta get the boobsnbutts goin'.

I do love how they slapped the word female on that caption, though. Stealthing in some justification. "It's okay, guys, my black friend said it's okay to say nigger! Racism is over!"
in Zero Mission what she wears is the "Zero Suit", otherwise known as... her regular costume
that's why it's called the Zero Suit, that's why she's called Zero Suit Samus
The only time she shows up in hot pants are if you beat the game in like half an hour, or occasionally during the "you died" animation if it's one of the metroid games where if you die her clothes fly off, neither of which are things which should be encouraged
I'm quite sure the "zero suit" is meant to refer to her blue skintight armor lining suit, not her regular costume.
In Zero Mission, when she wears it during gameplay, it's for a sequence where she loses the armor and her abilities and has to rely on stealth and a temporary stun pistol for a little while. It's not really presented in a way that's sexualized.
Having said that, it's not like the series doesn't have a long history of stripping her naked as a reward for players. It's just that the zero suit wasn't - originally - part of that.

Looks like these new SSB costumes come from the Zero Mission and Fusion endings. For whatever the heck that's worth.
(08-21-2014, 07:47 PM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »I'm quite sure the "zero suit" is meant to refer to her blue skintight armor lining suit, not her regular costume.

By "Her regular costume" I meant "Zero Suit Samus's regular costume", as in "What Zero Suit Samus usually wears, rather than these bikini shorts"
I guess that wasn't exactly clear
scroll down
Zero Mass Samus.
the actual preview image reveals that the texture is probably just bacon superimposed on a boob model
https://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-ddc/a...91122.html
https://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-ddc/t...91121.html
There's probably no chance you hadn't already heard of this but it bears repeating anyway.

especially keeping in mind they just released free Mercedes DLC, adding three squashed depictions of real life automobiles
link driving a goddamn mercedes
epona in the background, just weeping and whinnying sadly
That is freaking hilarious, did they ever fix the shitty battle mode?
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
hey Smashbros and Brawlbuddies grabbing the game this weekend: There's a patch required to play the game (1.0.2) and I needed it as well for my cartridge version. Maybe the stuff that's been shipped out of Japan has been patched, but if you don't want to navigate the inevitable weekend morass of (most of) the world downloading the full game from the eShop, go grab your patch now before the game goes up for sale!
I have past the event horizon of The Binding of Issac Rebirth swirling vortex of despair*, when I'm not playing this game I'm deliberately seeking out videos of other people playing this game.

There is no hope for me. Turn and run while you still can.

*well okay, I mean fun. It's a fun videogame, I recommend it.
(11-08-2014, 05:17 PM)Lankie Wrote: »swirling vortex of despair

But why would you spoil yourself?
There's a ton of stuff in there that doesn't tell you what it is or what it does or how it somehow kills you.
Come to think of it, that's actually a pretty good reason to spoil yourself
beware the glus
It's true I've spoiled a couple of items for myself through it. The guy I'm watching is playing blind too so it's not too bad though, plus it's neat to see someone else be like "woah what the hell is this!?" to stuff you've already seen.

I'll no doubt get burned out on it eventually, but right now hook me up to an IV and pump The Binding of Issac directly into my bloodstream.
To anyone interested, Pocket Rumble is back on Kickstarter. It's a 2D fighting game with really simplified controls and a variety of single-player options. Definitely something to check out, especially since Kickstarters don't do very well nowadays.
Lankie, should I get Rebirth if I already have the original?