• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
RE: [19/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY ONE: Word On The Street]
[Image: everybodyshutup.gif]

Dayend coming soon.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
Meh, let's just call it my premature deathpost.
twilight means everybody shut up for the love of god.

garu out.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
"Hello?"

"Yes, it's Vincent. I'd like to have an arrest made."

End of Day One Votals

Druplesnubb (7) (OzTheWizard, icanhasdonut, Mirdini, Garuru, Palamedes, Mister Visceral, makerofthegames)
Mirdini (6) (Granolaman, Affle, smash ball, Schazer, Acionyx, Druplesnubb)
Cat (2) (Stiqqery, speedchuck)
Affle (1) (Ginx-sama)
Palamedes (1) (Cat)
Granolaman (1) (Truegreen)
Mister Visceral (1) (SupahKiven)

I finally got my courage to order an arrest. I didn't suspect that Lyncroft's plan would actually apparently work. It seems there's a lot of suspicious activity about this one fellow, and the crowd has deemed him a criminal. As soon as I utter his purported alias over the phone, all the discussion comes to a grinding halt - and it remains silent for the next fifteen minutes as police officers enter the cafe.

"Where's the man?" they ask. I point to Druplesnubb, and everyone else soon follows suit. He's taken away quickly, without much resistance from anyone. The rest of the cafe returns to their seats and sit silently, watching the local news. The officers promised a police report within the hour on the man.

Three hours later, Chief Lyncroft calls back and invites me down to the police station. I walk through the bitter sunset of Caribou's Den, and I soon meet the old man and Druplesnubb sitting in the same room.

"Better tell your customers to get their eyesight checked," Lyncroft sneers. "They just turned over our incumbent chief of police."

"I suppose anyone could be suspicious," I add.

"Well, we did a thorough background check and polygraph test, and nothing's come up." Lyncroft sighed, pushing back his gray hair. "On top of that, this man's been with us for years. I think we know he's safe."

"Well, this is unfortunate." Looks like we had it in the wrong place. I did my best to apologize to Mr. Lowell, as he preferred to be called, and offered him a discount on his next few coffees.

Understandably so, he didn't feel like coming back to the cafe any time soon. I walked back through the twilight, leaving the police report on the corkboard for all to read. I've included a written copy of my findings as well:

The serenity of Caribou's Den is upheld by its prestigious police force, one which has defended these frozen lands since the very inception of the city. The title Chief of Police, thusly, is not lightly rewarded - it is instead given to only the most qualified applicants and skilled members of the force. The good news going around recently is that the police force has finally found its next leader.

Druplesnubb was Benjamin Lowell, the current incumbent for Chief of Police. Since his first days on the force, he was an officer with a promising future. The many small crimes he apprehended and his efforts in solving the last major crime had put him in a respected, revered position. Now that the current Chief of Police is contemplating retirement, the stage had been set for his transition to power. All was going well with his transition until this arson-esque crime happened, and the current Chief of Police stopped filling out the retirement paperwork to tackle the issue. With aspirations of helping solve this current crime to further his legacy, he had planted himself in the situation within my cafe as an undercover police officer. It would've been an honor for him to assume office with not one, but two, major crimes solved.

Druplesnubb was a TOWN VANILLA.

He lacked any special powers, aside from being able to talk during the day and having a lynch vote to make free use of.

Druplesnubb was a LOYAL CUSTOMER, and thus held Caribou's Den's best interests at heart. He would achieve victory with his fellow cafegoers when all threats to the safety and stability of Caribou's Den were eliminated.

I suppose it wasn't the worst we could have done. An embarrassing mistake, nonetheless, but not the worst one.

As I finish writing this, the somber crowd has left my cafe, and I've flipped the door sign from 'open' to 'closed'. Time to turn out the lights, head downstairs, and maybe read a little before I sleep. I'm reading this book by a promising author, it's pretty well written.

I could do with a story that isn't about sad white people falling in love, though. It's a little overdone at this point.

-V.B.

Night One ends Sunday, June 22nd at 10PM EST (~48 hours).

All players are advised to check into their Quicktopics during the night phase. Please be prompt and timely in submitting night actions, should you have them.

RE: [18/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [NIGHT ONE: A Chief Mistake]
SpoilerShow
RE: [18/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [NIGHT ONE: A Chief Mistake]
DAY TWO
Scattered In The Wind

JANUARY 17

Finished the book last night. It was a wild ride, especially with that insane plot twist. Huge props to the author for that ending.

Woke up on time, unlocked the door, good old Lyncroft is the first customer of the day again. I sit down with the old man, trying not to bring up the subject of Lowell again. I could tell he was still a little upset we attempted to implicate his successor.

"I would've expected hell to have been raised overnight," Lyncroft said between sips of coffee. "Most criminal folk don't take too kindly to attempts to bring them to light."

"Well, you saw what happened with yesterday's democratic motion," I responded. "Doesn't prove there's anyone suspect around."

As soon as those words left my lips, one of the regulars stumbled in. Today, he was wheeling in luggage behind him and had two backpacks on. His hair was singed; his brow was sweaty. I looked him over and asked what happened.

"Why don't you make your way to 31st and Horseshoe and see for yourself?" Lyncroft and I promptly sprinted into the streets and followed the sounds of firetrucks to the given place. It was there I saw the rest of the regulars, more police, and Caribou's Den Fire Department fighting a blaze. The burnt hair on his head told me all about what happened.

"Started sometime around three in the morning," Acionyx said. "I saw the flames, grabbed what I could, and left. Three and a half hours later and it's still going strong." The fire from the hoses appeared to freeze mid-air, hindering their efforts to stop the flames from spreading. An hour after our arrival, the flames were out and the building was a charred husk.

Acionyx's house has been BURNED TO THE GROUND.

That alone confirms we've got troublemakers," Lyncroft quickly added. "Well, at least that's how I see it. Mind corroborating with me on this?" I suppose the man was right. After we corralled everyone back into the cafe - all eighteen of them - I gave my instructions for how to run this kangaroo court Lyncroft insisted on.

Obviously, just running background checks on all of them was an obvious solution, and thus out of the question for Lyncroft. Besides, in the time it took for them to process Lowell's history, the criminals could probably burn the police station down and maybe another sixth of the city. I left it in the hands of my customers to single out the suspects and I'd call the police on them - preferably without letting emotion or tension override reason and thought.

In my run back to the cafe, I got a tape recorder so I don't have to write down what everyone says. My hand still hurts from yesterday's last-minute ravings I had to record at the speed of sound. I'll still take notes, but the tapes should serve as the definitive record.

Back to the books and the register with me.

Day Two ends June 27th, 10PM EST (about 120 hours from now).

With 18 players alive, it takes 10 to lynch and 6 for soft lynch.

Livelist (18/19)
Affle
icanhasdonut
Palamedes
OzTheWizard
Mirdini
Mister Visceral
ElectroMan
Garuru
Acionyx
makerofthegames
Speedchuck
smash ball
Truegreen
Stiqqery
Schazer
Ginx-sama
Granolaman
Cat

RE: [18/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY TWO: Scattered In The Wind]
didn't vig anyone last night, obviously. lynch: donut
Acio you can hang with me
get it
cats
GET IT
druples you could at least have flavor claimed :<

Vote: Palamedes

also not particularly happy with donut, affle, speedchuck, motg

most of the people sitting off on non-wagons too if Pala somehow turns out town
Also whoever tweeted at me in the night I'd like to note it was Palamedes who swapped the wagon to druplesnubb. I certainly helped, but he's the one who instigated that particular swap.
(06-19-2014, 12:59 AM)Granolaman Wrote: »Sorry guys, I was flying under the assumption that Schazer's gun against my head here was entirely legit and I was spending my last few moments in quiet reflection before we both die and replace back in. I'm getting a lot of strange deja vu from MV's sheeping up there, but I think Pala's argument against Druple is a valid one so I'm gonna let it slide for the time being.

FoS: Druple

You can have my full vote when either
A: It looks like we won't be able to hilariously lynch Mirdini D1, or
B: Schazer decides not to steal the lynch today.

FoS's Druple but doesn't actually vote him. Parked on Dini all day. Will mean more when Dini flips

(06-19-2014, 03:09 PM)OzTheWizard Wrote: »I'm conflicted, on one had, Pala made a good case against Druple (and it doesn't make them look co.-aligned.) On the other his defense of Vic (making assumptions about his intentions before he even said anything) is scumtastic.

I guess a good case (and a not-so-great reaction to it) is better, lynch Druple.

This isn't terrible. I don't mind it so much. It's pretty succinct, doesn't try to overexplain his vote (like Garuru below).

(06-19-2014, 09:46 PM)Garuru Wrote: »Right, okay.

vote: Druplesnubb

... (things about me)

Anyways, Drups kind of leaped immediately on Vic, possibly sensing an easy wagon about to form. Then came Kiven, who's barely posted, and maker. I don't see every one of these people as scum, though. Like, a thing that just occurred to me is that easy wagons lure in scum, but they also lure in new!town who are confused by everything else. The fact that Vic is posting votes with no comments is something that stands out.

And then there's Mirdini. I honestly am confused by him, because he's normally very level-headed when playing for both sides, but that quick vote and unvote was just weird.

So I'd say the Scumminess Ranking of that wagon goes:
Druplesnubb
SupahKiven
makerofthegames
Mirdini

I'm voting Drups because he was never really exonerated from my past suspicions of him (i.e. he was the lesser of two evils), and also because of the Vic vote.

Garu overexplains his Druple vote. This is pretty early in the game, too, so for him to offer this much explanation for voting looks like he's trying to hard to justify a mislynch.

(06-20-2014, 11:48 PM)makerofthegames Wrote: »
(06-20-2014, 11:47 PM)Cat Wrote: »I've seen faster turnarounds, motg.
in that case Vote Druple, because I dunno he's been going in and out of people having pressure on him, and I like dini more than Druple from what I've seen today anyways

Hate to say this, but this is pretty par-for-course as far as MTG goes :u

(06-20-2014, 11:58 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote: »pala you're a neutral read for me

BUT my three scumreads aren't going to get wagoned/have already been vehemently argued against by other scumreads

speaking of which actually vote druple

This doesn't look terrible to me either. At first glance it gave me the heebies but then... it seemed not-as-bad. It's not great, pretty bad, actually. But not terrible. I don't hate it as much as I hate Garu's vote.

So:
Druplesnubb (7) (OzTheWizard, icanhasdonut, Mirdini, Garuru, Palamedes, Mister Visceral, makerofthegames)

There's my take on it. Garu's got that claim, though, I forgot. :I
Vote donut
well that's the last time i try to use fancy colors
(06-23-2014, 02:50 AM)Garuru Wrote: »didn't vig anyone last night, obviously. lynch: donut
Well that's interesting FOS smash ball

By the by did anyone else slip on a banana peel last night or was that just me? I feel like that could mean something interesting??
seriously a banana peel
the fuck?
Hahahahahahaha
Bananas are hilarious. Wasn't me though.

I'd say the people who pushed Druple's lynch hard are most suspect, as I never really understood the basis. Granola I don't mind.

Gonna Vote Garuru off of Visceral's list there because he seems to have popped in at about the point it became a train, thereby leading to a mislynch. He didn't jump on the gravy train until right when the biscuits came out of the oven, is what I'm sayin'. Then, as Visceral said, he was super-careful about it, but that's only debatably scummy. I'm more interested in the timing.

Why can't daytime happen on a weekend? Gonna be so busy. :(
So this is Conspicuous Night Actions: The game?

If so I'm totally ok with declaring that for reasons he may or may not understand himself, I've got a clear on Mirdini so we should probably check his wagon for the inevitably opportunistic scum?
@TehPilot
What is the possibility of bastard roles?

@Schazer
I'll believe you for now. If you're lying, it would be revealed soon one way or another I think. (Mafia like killing townfirms, etc.)
(06-23-2014, 03:25 AM)makerofthegames Wrote: »
(06-23-2014, 02:50 AM)Garuru Wrote: »didn't vig anyone last night, obviously. lynch: donut
Well that's interesting FOS smash ball

By the by did anyone else slip on a banana peel last night or was that just me? I feel like that could mean something interesting??

Why did you quote Garu then FoS smash ball?
You know, because.
Smash ball, do you have anything to say for yourself?
^basically i'll tell you exactly why
--after he posts a reaction
(06-23-2014, 03:35 AM)speedchuck Wrote: »Hahahahahahaha
Bananas are hilarious. Wasn't me though.

I'd say the people who pushed Druple's lynch hard are most suspect, as I never really understood the basis. Granola I don't mind.

Gonna Vote Garuru off of Visceral's list there because he seems to have popped in at about the point it became a train, thereby leading to a mislynch. He didn't jump on the gravy train until right when the biscuits came out of the oven, is what I'm sayin'. Then, as Visceral said, he was super-careful about it, but that's only debatably scummy. I'm more interested in the timing.

Why can't daytime happen on a weekend? Gonna be so busy. :(

So do you not believe my claim or what?
Hahahaha wow okay I'm paying attention to this game now finally

and I also have no idea what the hell happened Day 1.

Fuck.

I guess while I'm meticulously rereading I'm gon' Vote: Palamedes because I like Schaz atm and if Schaz says 'Dini is town then I'll roll with it for now.

Also something about Pala being responsible for the mislynch gravy train I guess. Gonna have to look into that some methinks.
Also I find it particularly interesting that Acio does not have a house (which seems like a scum thing to do) but is not dead as a consequence of this

hm
(06-18-2014, 06:54 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Hey Druple quick question before I pick things apart.

(06-17-2014, 01:11 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote: »It's especially bad if everyone agrees on a town lynch because then everyone is practically a "player of low participation".

What exactly did you mean here because it feels pretty major and possibly contradictory but I can't quite get my head around it.

Y'know this isn't the first post he made where he was kind of pedantic towards Druple but I'm digging it back up because the wording sounds very much like "This post doesn't make a lot of sense so it sounds 'pretty major' "

whenever I read about something being a big deal in a mafia game it's usually what that person considers to be a scumslip or a major role reveal or something and I really don't feel like that post mandated Pala's level of suspicion.

Hrrrmgl.
(06-23-2014, 04:21 AM)Stiqqery Wrote: »Also I find it particularly interesting that Acio does not have a house (which seems like a scum thing to do) but is not dead as a consequence of this

hm

I dunno. It seems that probing into the deets of mysterious night actions sounds like a scum thing to do. Fishing for answers, etc. I mean, if it was a scum action of course they wouldn't tell us what they did so you're basically asking town if they knew what happened.
Thinking out loud, I suppose. Moreso because there was no nightkill and that's strange; I suppose it does no good to speculate, but I have to wonder if this is a good sign or just an unusual one.

I happen to really like mafia/hunt mechanics so I suppose that's a factor too.

Anyway I agree that we shouldn't speculate on it openly but it's something I think deserves to be remembered.

Other news: MV has been pinging something in my head this game and I can't pin it down. He seems both more coherent and more shortspoken and I'm wondering if it's because he's become more savvy, or just more paranoid. Both could mean he's finally getting better at this came but both could also mean that he's being coached. I don't think it's worth pursuing because MV is pretty much the second easiest mislynch on this playerlist (first being druple) and I don't think this is enough to go on yet.