Music

Poll: Your musical genre?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.23%
31 35.23%
No
21.59%
19 21.59%
All of the above
43.18%
38 43.18%
Total 88 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Music
RE: Music
SpoilerShow

This is the freshest prog album I've heard in a while
SpoilerShow
This feels very Prefuse 73 and I dig it
SpoilerShow

My favorite Chick Corea tune. Just found this version; it's really good.
oh my God

https://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/

Daryl Hall has a web show where he performs with the world's blandest famous musicians (and a few cool ones)

This is Yacht Rock nirvana
SpoilerShow
Whaaaaaaaaaat

I had heard about the supposed Michael Jackson/Sonic 3 connection (also via Brad Buxer), but this one is a lot more plausible
I like all the Akufen tracks I've heard. I need to listen to more of this "microhouse" stuff.

Also I can't stop listening to this
I like that spacey midsection a lot

SpoilerShow

Supes have you heard this record? It's been getting a lot of attention. Most of it's pretty average IMO, but I like this and a couple other tracks.

edit: also this Four Tet track is very Steve Reich/Berlin School-ish and I dig it
Yassssssssssssssss I was not expecting this at all and it made my day

I like the visualizer on their site that goes along with the album. Cool way of using tracker files.

More detailed thoughts once I've had some time to listen to it

EDIT: Okay so

I like this much better than their second album. Beautiful Lifestyle felt like they were trying too hard to sound like dance music (there was even a regrettable dubstep track), but G&J III has that classic tracker music sound that The Best Music had.

It's still a bit uneven in quality - I'd say I like about half the tracks on it - but it's definitely worth a listen.

Agreed about it being mixed too hot thought
This is fun:

SpoilerShow

I don't even know how describe Max Tundra's stuff - it's a mishmash of silly English pop, jazz, and Zappa-esque weirdness played on the cheapest-sounding keyboards in existence. He's obviously a talented musician but doesn't take himself seriously at all.

This is one of those albums you find buried in some corner of the Internet at 2am and end up listening to in its entirety
(04-27-2014, 07:30 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Unique.

I think it's funny he has a record named Mastered By Guy At The Exchange because I know who/what that is, and the syntax is very familiar to anyone who reads a lot of electronic music liner notes.

I don't get the significance of the title, and Google is being uncooperative - explain please?
feeling disco-y all of a sudden and remembered this thread

SpoilerShow
New Basement Jaxx is Basement Jaxx
Hopefully there'll be extended mixes on the album - the version of What A Difference Your Loves Makes they posted definitely sounds like an edit.

I agree, I like the other two tracks they've revealed so far better. Still decent, though, and I'm excited for the album.

Also no one but me cares about this but there is a new Mats and Morgan album coming out at the end of the month yaaaaaaaay

SpoilerShow
I saw the Mats/Morgan and was all 'hey, this sounds a little like Art VS Science

then I saw that I missed this thing
SpoilerShow
very different to most of their material, still unsure what to think of the shift away from their grittier sound towards ELO, I guess
I dig that Art v. Science track. Very ELO-ish, yeah. I'll have to check out some of their older stuff; I don't really know anything about them.

Mats/Morgan are fantastic - two Swedish prodigies who used to play with Frank Zappa. Mats Oberg is one of my favorite pianists ever. I prefer their jazzier stuff to their more experimental electronic stuff (like that track I posted), but I'm still excited for the new album.

SpoilerShow

young Didier Lockwood was one Luke Skywalker lookin ass dude

sure can play though
Yasssssssssss

I almost like this arrangement more than the original

Dudes like Joshua Morse and Virt make me want to try making tracker music again

edit:

SpoilerShow

Dadjams II: The Jammening
'cause my mom's taste in music generally isn't as cool tbh. Melonspa mostly classic rock + light R&B + contemporary Christian.

but since you asked, I like this:

SpoilerShow
Last thing I overheard my mother playing is Creedence Clearwater Revival. She was brought up on The Seekers, which is pretty much as conservative musically as you can get in Australia this side of Slim Dusty.

My dad is really into Stevie Wonder which is fortunate, though there are still plenty of Dadjams™ in the family collection.
SpoilerShow
So I'd never really listened to The Horrors much before but I'm really liking their new album:

SpoilerShow
(05-06-2014, 03:07 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »e: Oh, Ed. Remember when you asked me for more of this? I just remembered this:

Neat! I dig it. Thank.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
re; sweet 80's stuff

SpoilerShow
If any of you know about Deltron 3030, he has a new album out.

I'm linking this because what is taste, I sure don't have it, and nobody can stop me