[6/7] Something Awesome [1.3 - Redwatch] [Slot Open - Accepting Entries]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[6/7] Something Awesome [1.3 - Redwatch] [Slot Open - Accepting Entries]
RE: [7/7] Something Awesome [1.2 - The Awesome Squad]
Otto gently consoles the frog. "Now how did you get into this locked classroom?" he asks it.

Frog 1 looms over his shoulder, probably looking all interragtory. Inasmuch as frogs are capable of doing so.
(06-11-2013, 11:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Otto gently consoles the frog. "Now how did you get into this locked classroom?" he asks it.

ribbit

CLANG

A noise is heard outside the window.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
"Well you were right. It wasn't just an outage, someone sabotaged the breakers." Donovan pops one of the circuit breaker open. "Well. I would reset it, but it's... quite broken." He checks for anything out of the ordinary, something the saboteur might have left behind.
Despite any loud protest from the other two more responsible adults, the gun's out again and pointed at the window. "What was that?" Oren hisses.
let's post righteously & having good times /// check out The Book of the Courtier /// ensure proper vegetable consumption /// also check out The Blade and the Cycle /// post it up!!
CLANG

The boarded-up windows rattle a little.
Upon seeing that the mysterious saboteur isn't still around, Melinda grows both disappointed and impatient. There's nothing to see here after all. Where did Donovan say they should check? The chemistry labs? Yeah...yeah! There's gotta be something more interesting there. She doesn't know a whole lot of people yet, so there's no way she can identify the perp here. Time to go do some hunting elsewhere!

"Whatever," she says, already heading for the door. "You check out the scene, I'm gonna head to the chemistry lab. Wish me luck!" Without waiting for a reply, she speeds down the hallway towards the labs. At least this time, she actually know where she's going. Who doesn't know where the condemned old things are?
On the second clang, Arthur lifts his head from the paperwork, for once in the other's life the others might be thankful they have him here. Instinctively, he reaches for the sword at his side and grabs the pommel, slowly approaching the door, waving his free hand down to motion to the others that they should shut up and get down.
Oren tilts a vacant desk cautiously to the floor and crouches behind it, resting his gun on the floor just out of view from the window. He turns to Otto and Larry and puts a finger to his lips, holding his fist tightly to try and keep his hand from shaking.

A healthy rim of sweat gathers round his head.
let's post righteously & having good times /// check out The Book of the Courtier /// ensure proper vegetable consumption /// also check out The Blade and the Cycle /// post it up!!
Otto motions to the frog to be silent, scoops it up, plops it in his cleaning cart, and readies his mop for lack of any better defensive attire.
Lawrence jumps at the sound, and readies the potato cult textbook as an impromptu weapon. Of course, he has a few other tricks up his sleeve but he'd rather not reveal them.
The moment Melinda reaches the room, a long object distinctly knife-like in nature smashes through one of the boards. The sound of breaking glass accompanies the puncture. The weapon is drawn back as quickly as it entered, and then the wooden panels are knocked clean off the window. Sunlight floods in from the opening.

The window is opened, and a man crawls in, muttering under his breath. Indiscernible phrases are heard - something about a previous window escape and bad plans. As he fully enters the laboratory and stands up, he looks nothing like anyone you've seen before - standing at roughly 5'9" (~175.26 cm), he is clad in what appears to be a gray suit with reflective properties similar to rubber. On his left is a sheath for a shortsword of some sort, and the right a clear canister holding four beige, tennis-ball sized objects. Beneath his short, unruly gray hair and covering his eyes is a set of laboratory goggles. A mysterious black, pea-sized object protrudes from the left side of his goggles.

He scans the room briefly, then looks at everyone in turn. "Oh... hello. I wasn't expecting people in here. ...Can I help you guys? I've misplaced some books of mine."
Oren slowly places the gun all the way down on the floor, still hidden behind the desk.

"Who is this?" he whispers to Otto. "Who are you?" he says, louder.
"What the hell!?"

Lawrence quickly hides the potato cult book, then moves to block the man's vision from the other text until he answers Oren's question.

"Thank god those students didn't follow us."
"Oh, excuse me." The man shuffles a little and straightens himself out a bit. "The name's John. I'm a special-ops police agent here." He looks around the room. "I lost two possessions of mine - a book on a cult of sorts, and some valuable legal papers in a folder. I got a tip they were stored here. Have you fine folks seen these items?"
"Hnn... They covered their tracks well. But who would want to sabotage the school's power grid?" Donovan mutters to himself, absentmindedly running his finger over a cut circuit, only to recoil after it shocks him. He pulls out his notebook, sketching a quick diagram of all the circuit boxes on a page each, noting which ones were damaged and which ones were unharmed. He claps his notebook shut and heads off to the old chemistry labs. Hopefully the teachers would still be there. Melinda too.
"I'm gonna have to see your credentials before we can let you continue, sir," Otto quips out of nowhere. He makes a very casual move in "John''s direction.
Lawrence narrows his eyes.

"What kind of legal papers? Seems like an odd place to have some."

He shuffles over to Oren.

"I don't trust him," he whispers while Otto distracts John, "bringing your gun might have actually been a good idea..."
Arthur makes a low grumbling sound, remaining in a defensive pose with his hand still at his sword. He talks in an oddly serious tone, asking 'John' a question while pointing at the sword at his side.

"And what kind of special-ops agent carries a weapon like that?"
John turns to Arthur. "Says the guy in a full suit of armor."

He then pulls out a police badge and holds it up. "Now, I didn't intntionally place the items here. If you've seen them or have them, may I please have them? The folder's got a lot of good information on the missing kids ordeal."
The King hunches fowards in response, raising a fist and stomping his foot down.

"Wh- Forsooth! I am your King! King Arthur! Of course I am wearing full armor you cad!"

He follows up with a growl and straightening up, raising a finger to object to the matter. "Still, I will forgive you for you misunderstanding, everyone has been doing that as of late. The point still stands however, I mean no disrespect but why bring such a visible weapon?"

"Additionally, this is Silver Hills property, I'm not sure if what you just did was even just within the eye of the law. That is to say, why did you vandalize that window? You're not making a good first impression, boy."
Melinda stops short when she hears a crash and the sound of glass shattering. She presses herself to the wall and listens in on the conversation, eyes wide. What's going on? Are they being attacked?! ...No...no he's...a cop? No way in hell is that the truth. No decent cop would just lose valuable stuff like that. Sounds like the others are just as suspicious as her, thankfully.

She spots Donovan coming down the hall and motions for him to be quiet. She's trying to stay under the radar, dammit, not get outed by her own partner!
"He's right, the book is property of Silver Hills, so I'm not sure exactly when it became lost police property."

He goes back to whispering, showing Oren the folder he picked up, keeping it otherwise hidden behind the counter.

"Looks more like weapons, doesn't it? I don't trust this gut."
John runs up and begins to pull out his sword. "Hey, listen, you guys aren't supposed to be in here either. I'm trying to run a covert operation to retrieve lost property and I don't have time for-"

John is interrupted by a brief screeching sound eminating from the small black object on his pair of goggles - followed by a static-infested transmission. The voice on the other end is distinctly feminine, yet lacking in emotion and seemingly distant in tone.

"John, you are NOT to engage any adversaries. I want those materials retrieved. Anyone who is in the way is likely acting in violation of local law, and the proper forces will be sent to terminate them...

...wait." The transmission pauses. "Get a biometric scan on them. I'm picking up unusual readings in the area."
Donovan sees Melinda motioning frantically at him. He narrows his eyes at takes a few more steps before it dawns on him that she wants him to be quiet. He stops on the side of the door opposite Melinda, leaning in to see if he could hear the teachers in there. A few choice words from an unfamiliar voice catch his ears. He turns to Melinda with a confused look on his face and mouths 'Biometric scan?' He takes out his notebook and scribbles the phrase in it.
Melinda nods excitedly. Yeah, a biometric scan, just like out of a sci-fi movie! She just hopes that said scans won't trip this "John" guy off to their presence. She only wishes she could hear the woman on the other end of that transmission a little more clearly. Is she that guy's partner? His boss? The evil mastermind?