Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia: The Last Resort [EPILOGUE: THE END]
Re: Mafia: The Last Resort [D3: Colourblind]
Pardon the terrible quotetags.

And Pinary I'm sorta second-guessing myself for tunneling so hard on you and votewise/contentwise I have to say MrGuy and Times are uh

actually a lot scummier votewise/less talkative whiiich is what makes me want to lynch 'em more.

Anyhow would really like to hear from all of you three~
Mmm I need to read through the nightchat and thread again, but I remember some people attracted my suspicion by NOT posting anything at alllll in night chat. I'll go through later and get all the names, but the one I remember for sure is Mr.Guy. Anyone else remember someone who wasn't there?
~◕ w◕~
Well, you know, there was a lot. Not many people posted there. And then the end of it got overtaken by Miri.

But I don't think that should attract suspicion at all. I posted at least once, I think, but I didn't really post much again because I didn't have anything to comment on. I really didn't have anything to contribute.
Wait when did Woffles said that he killed Ix? Because if she really did, "killing someone to check loverness" is very, very damning.
Edward Marsch stumbles in, clutching at his various bandages. "Fuck, guys, I'm here okay. God, a guy can't get some fuckin' shut-eye without everybody jumpin' on the 'oh no it's him' wagon." He slowly slumps into a chair, and takes a cigarette out of his jacket. "God, some days, it's like why do I even bother gettin' out of bed. I didn't even fuckin' KNOW there was any fuckin' night talkin' bullshit." He repeatedly flicks his lighter, but fails to produce a spark; he mutters, replacing both it and the cigarettes in his jacket. "Anyway, I personally think the chance of Woff's new role bein' scum is low enough that we probably shouldn't lynch her unless she does somethin' real fuckin' suspicious." He takes a deep breath, and mumbles something along the lines of "like being asleep, Mirdini."

SpoilerShow
That's a bit of an obtuse RP post Guy, since only two people mentioned you today you're not exactly being hounded right now, yet you really overreact like you had been.

Kinda odd man, considering only one of them was talking about your absense. Mirdini was talking about your lynch votes.

So yeah kinda awkward and I'm gonna Vote: MyGuy again, because of this strange reaction.
Did

Did you read the spoiler

Because that seems like a pretty dumb and opportunistic vote
Ok, so apparently g0m and I are linked, if it's an actual legit power mirdini has. I'm pretty baffled right now as to how, because I really don't have a connection to him that I know of.

As to people saying I seem suspicious because I don't talk or I stick out: I believe I've already said this, but I don't really like saying things in games like these if I don't have anything to say, which is usually the case, especially considering this is my first game, so I lack some mafia finesse and also insight to what means what within the game. So yeah.
I don't see your point Slorange, he explains his absence which is fine with me, but adds "for the love of christ"

Which shows he is annoyed for some reason. Which is what my vote is about, I don't see where this frustration is coming from and find it odd.
"Maybe the frustration's from the fact that everybody's always fuckin' actin' like just 'cause somebody's quiet for a coupla days it automatically makes 'em scum, and I felt like I was gettin' ragged on for somethin' outta my control? And now I'm gettin' a vote thrown on me just 'cause of bein' upset about this fact. Wonderful."
MrGuy Wrote:"I felt like I was gettin' ragged"

The only mention of your specific absense was

Whimbrel Wrote:but the one I remember for sure is Mr.Guy. Anyone else remember someone who wasn't there?

Mirdi's main point was your vote placement as it seemed to me.
That is a TINY amount of mention that in no way warrented such an obtuse response.

This goes for you too Slorange, I've thought Guy to be scummy since yesterday (and was voting for him most of the day) so I don't see how my vote is opertunistic!
g0m - (1) - ProfessorLizzard
MrGuy - (1) - Drakenforge
Solaris - (1) - Wheat

(Abstaining: Solaris, Woffles, MalkyTop, Dragon Fogel, SleepingOrange, Mirdini, Whimbrel, Sruixan, Pinary, MrGuy, g0m, TimeothyHour)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch and 5 to soft lynch. The day will end on 16 October, 7PM GMT.
Nice voting trap with Woff, Wheat.

Also, I do believe Mirdi said he is not allowed to speak about his results on the day after he get them. Surely he can re-elaborate on the first result now.
Mirdini Wrote:I have to say MrGuy and Times are uh

actually a lot scummier votewise/less talkative whiiich is what makes me want to lynch 'em more.

Anyhow would really like to hear from all of you three~
"Okay, Drak? Y'see why I feel like I'm gettin' ragged on? Votewise, maybe. I can't forgive myself for shitty-ass votin' and wantin' t'push a lynch on general principle, but th'fact of the matter is, it's prolly the whole 'I think you're scum so please talk to me because I'm a friendly friend~' tone--" Marsch paused to slam his hands on the table here, scowling-- "That may or may not be intended, but is how I read it, that irritated me. All I know is, y'r throwin' votes on me f'r a reason that boils down t' 'I don't like how he worded things', but I ain't fuckin' votin' for Mirdini because he worded things in a way that annoyed me."

He leaned back, and took a long drag on his cigarette. "Regardin' the RP posts, ex-fuckin'-cuse me for followin' Vic's lead 'cause I wanted t'have a bit of fun. Speakin' of followin' Vic's lead, y'know... I don't really like Solaris either. I c'n actually unnerstand why most of you bastards think I'm scum-- hell, tellin' ya that's prolly just gonna make me stick out even fuckin' more-- but f'r him t'make such an in-depth post without even bein' all the way caught up seems odd t'me. If y'r gonna write somethin' long, y'should at least get all the facts straight first."
Now hold on a sec you're not getting away with that on my watch you're not. If we're going to play the voting trap game, throw in some between the lines, and before you know it any post we go back to at a later date can become an unrequited voting trap.

Vote: wheats. Your votes have been all over the place left right and center, and especially on Sol's case I totally don't follow. Sol is majorly scumhunting, much more than me or you or frankly a lot of folks in here (people, post opinions!) and he was actually if not the very first, one of the first to point out MrGuy being scummy in their eyes. I can follow about as far as Drake bandwagoning along with Sol's FoS with some meek backsassing reason, but when you're calling one of the granddaddy's of the MrGuy lynch out for conspiring with someone who voted considerably later (even an ingame day between) that's about where I draw the line from scumhunting and flipflopping to outright testing if a wagon's gonna form any time soon.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
But then you go / and spoil it all / by saying something stupid like /
MrGuy Wrote:Speakin' of followin' Vic's lead, y'know... I don't really like Solaris either.

Yeah. wheats + Guy, scumteam of 2011?
Drakenforge Wrote:This goes for you too Slorange, I've thought Guy to be scummy since yesterday (and was voting for him most of the day) so I don't see how my vote is opertunistic!

Umm let's see because maybe you're jumping on Stupid Terrible Reasoning as a reason to vote? A dude gets frustrated because someone accuses him of scummy behavior on flimsy reasoning that was out of his control: not only does this seem in character for MrGuy especially, it seems pretty normal for anyone.

But hey, if you still think I'm defending my scummate based on normal behavior and bad vote-reasoning, then I invite you to look at practically every game
I've ever been in
where an incident like this one occurs. And I'm almost always town-aligned. I'm not defending anyone, I'm opposing slinging votes around for nonsense reasons. In short, if you want to know why I'm calling your vote opportunistic, look up the word opportunistic.

To focus on actual important things, I'm interested in Solaris and Wojjan right now; not because of Solaris's general noncontribution (because frankly the majority of players haven't had much to say), but because of the speed with which Wojjan jumped to his flimsy defense. That seems... pretty something. Either Wojjan has information that she's not letting on (which seems pretty unlikely given what we know about her), or they're coaligned. To forestall the inevitable "Why aren't you voting if you're suspicious HMMM" question, I rarely place votes until I'm sure I want the person I'm voting for lynched or the day is approaching its end.
I never implied you were overly defending Guy, nor was I ever saying I was suspicious of you just for labling my actions. I was only explaining my own as not being what you say they were, something we still don't seem to agree with.

I stand by my vote with or without or complaints
Woffles Wrote:That would give us essentially three confirmed townies, along with me as, if you won't take my word, at the very least confirmed nonmafia.

The way you kind of dropped that suggestion of you being innocent, along with the argument that's been started with wheats, makes me really really suspicious of you, woffles. I didn't feel like Solaris is particularly scummy, more like he's suffering of not-being-caught-up-with-mafias syndrome, but your violent reaction to the accusation makes me suspicious of both you AND him. At the very least, this is suspicious enough that at the very least I think you have a harmful third-party role.

Vote: Woffles
So hey. I kinda took a couple of days out to get my uni application done and dusted so despite whoosh! having alerted me to the resurfacing of this game I'm afraid I haven't exactly given it a looksee. I'm probably going to have to give this thing a full-on read-through somewhen on account of general haziness, so I'll put it on the to-do pile for tomorrow and see if I can't try and contribute at some point... *coughs*
Wheat, care to tell us more about your meeting with Ix on the first night?
~◕ w◕~
"No offense to your fish stories, Wheat, but that sounds an awful lot like your power is gonna knock us all out for the day from sheer boredom, or somethin'. Unless you were gonna use allegory to implicate someone, or tell an actual fish story."
TimeothyHour Wrote:
Woffles Wrote:That would give us essentially three confirmed townies, along with me as, if you won't take my word, at the very least confirmed nonmafia.

The way you kind of dropped that suggestion of you being innocent, along with the argument that's been started with wheats, makes me really really suspicious of you, woffles. I didn't feel like Solaris is particularly scummy, more like he's suffering of not-being-caught-up-with-mafias syndrome, but your violent reaction to the accusation makes me suspicious of both you AND him. At the very least, this is suspicious enough that at the very least I think you have a harmful third-party role.

Vote: Woffles

First of all, I didn't even state my own innocence. In that post I actually immediately address the concern that I could be a violent third party, and say that even so I probably won't simply get added to the mafia.

Second, if you didn't think Solaris is scum, why is me defending him from a bullshit claim like "he's not really reaally scumhunting" making you rethink that opinion? If you think he's town, and someone else defends that person whom you don't know the alignment of, why does that change your view on both of them?

Third, name me one harmful third party role that immediately gets aligned with an existing player after relocation. I can think of serial killer, cult leader, survivor, crazySchazy lovermaker, but none of these get added to Solaris in any way. I have no reason to protect him at all as a third party. Also on that note, why are you only considering me as 3p? If I suddenly pop in much more vocal after getting my role switched up, defending Solaris with the anger of twenty suns as if everyone is implying me to do, wouldn't it make infinitely more sense for me to have flipped to mafia alongside Solaris? Why are you calling me "harmful third party" instead of downright maf? Are you believing what I said in my first post? Then why is it making me scummy to say that?

By the way, weren't you connected to g0m? And both on Pharmacy's side? I could've sworn
whoosh! Wrote:There may be a reward of some form for the team that wins
Why yeah! There was!

Wheat, from all your examples in pink I can only see that Solaris has been protecting players. If you'd look over at the dramatis personae, you'd see that we have killed not a single mafia. Not one. You haven't called out anyone of the poeple on every town wagon at all, but now you're calling out Solaris for distancing himself from those lynches. You just can't tell the difference between distancing from a town lynch and genuinely just not wanting the lynch because those people are town in their eyes. This happens often in games with many players where one meek reasoning against a player causes an easy bandwagon for mafs to ride that wave to townlynch. Look at the people voting a townlynch instead of the people not voting the townlynch.

And on your claim of Solaris not scumhunting, well... have some of his suspicions.

Quote:I do not particularly like MrGuy.
PL I feel the worst about.
If Pyps is mafia, then Sruixian is likely town.
If he's town, then I would think that Times is deserving of suspicions.

You're suspecting Solaris, MrGuy ON SOL'S LIST follows with a
Quote:Speakin' of followin' Vic's lead, y'know... I don't really like Solaris either.
You try to brush off bullshitvoting me for a second there as a voting trap, PL ALSO ON SOL'S LIST swoops in to affirm the trap.
ProfessorLizzard Wrote:Nice voting trap with Woff, Wheat.
PYP flips town, Times ALSO ALSO ON SOL'S LIST votes me alongside you with some halfhearted suspicions that make no sense for a townie to think in any case to begin with. And to top the last one off Mirdi got a result that Times and g0m are linked, which he outright denies. Also not looking too good on his case.
Ahum. I would say:

UNVOTE g0m
VOTE TimeothyHour

Since Times has been even less helpful then g0m. Also, "by being connected", there is a possibility that it could mean "both of them town", but I am positive both of them are scum.
Snrk, swing and a miss there Wheat.