Another Me - Your number has been called!

Another Me - Your number has been called!
RE: Another Me - Your number has been called!
>Clover: You're going to get high blood pressure before 20 at this rate.
>Aubin: Yes, it would have been nice for everyone to know the reason of this visit before you arrived.
SpoilerShow
>Aubin: Apologize, but just a little. You did have a good reason for this.
>Aubin: Let's get this show back on track. Explain what's going on, using easy to digest examples.
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
> Aubin: Let's get this show back on track.

[Image: eEFrCDS.png]

CLOVER: Ya think?!
AUBIN: Indeed. If you’ll allow me to get right into it...

[Image: 5PmK5Xa.png]

AUBIN: While I would love to catch up, there is one specific reason for me to be here. Your sister invited me, you see, and suggested a meeting with you.
KAPHLAR: You’re making this sound better and better.
AUBIN: Now, is there somewhere else we could have a chat?
KAPHLAR: What do you mean, somewhere else? Wasn’t breaking in here enough?
SELENA: ... Oh, you mean just the three of us?
AUBIN: That may be better for the time being, yes.
CLOVER: Wha— Hey! HEY! What the hell?
AUBIN: Hm?
CLOVER: What about us?!
AUBIN: Ah. It seems another apology is in order.

> Aubin: Apologize, but just a little. You did have a good reason for this.

[Image: i9v8p9C.png]

AUBIN: To be quite honest... I came here with the intention of having a private conversation with these two.
AUBIN: But due to Sabrina’s rightful enthusiasm for this exciting new world she has found herself immersed in, I thought it would be interesting to extend an invitation to the two of you, so that you could meet a potential new friend with tales to tell.
EFFY: I-I really appreciate it! I mean, we really appreciate it! It... It’s really cool that we live so close to a real - um, you’re a youkai, right?
KAPHLAR: ...
EFFY: Um... I’m sorry if we were rude! My friend didn’t mean to make fun of you, or get snippy, she’s just a little... Uh...

[Image: TxTgWCv.png]

EFFY: Sh... She’s...

> Clover: You're going to get high blood pressure before 20 at this rate.

[Image: NnmWblX.png]

CLOVER: ... Let’s go, Effy.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
SpoilerShow
>Effy: "Oh, okay... I guess that's fine..."
>Effy, as soon as they're out of earshot: "So okay. We're going to spy on them, right?"
>You were promised juice boxes. Where are they?
> Effy: "Oh, okay... I guess that's fine..."

[Image: KDsoWgI.png]

EFFY: R... Right! Um, we should... wait in the car!

[Image: G24MSwT.png]

CLOVER: Well, duh, I’m not walkin’ all the way back home.
EFFY: Y-Yeah! So... Um... Yeah! Bye!

[Image: m6GDTOy.png]

EFFY: We’re going to spy on them, right?
CLOVER: I guess?? Might as well make this less of a freakin’ waste of time.
EFFY: Yay! Okay, so--

> You were promised juice boxes. Where are they?

[Image: QfaZjMV.png]

EFFY: ...
CLOVER: ...
CARLA: ...
CARLA: Was that man a teddy bear...?

[Image: M1Ky0Mw.png]

KAPHLAR: I still don’t get what makes you think I care, for the record.
Just because you've been caught...

>Effy: "Yeah, I think he was! Isn't that crazy? You should listen in with us."
>Yes, that man was a teddy bear. He was a representative of the "Save the Teddy Bears Foundation" looking for a generous donation.
>To KAPHLAR: Well, you should care because they'll make sure your life is a living hell if you don't.
> Effy: "Yeah, I think he was! Isn't that crazy? You should listen in with us."

[Image: VbYh5g9.png]

EFFY: ... Wow! I guess he must have been!
CLOVER: Uh,
CLOVER: Yeah.
EFFY: That’s so weird! Isn’t it, Clo?
CLOVER: I mean, fuck.
EFFY: You should... listen in with us, Ms. Carla!! So we can solve this mystery!
CLOVER: Sure. The mystery of... uh...
EFFY: ... The teddy bear man!!
CLOVER: Yeah.

[Image: 29cuZjw.png]

CARLA: So... Is he...
CARLA: Dangerous??
CLOVER: ... Teddy bears generally ain’t.
CARLA: Well, he’s not an actual teddy bear!
CLOVER: Christ, lady, whaddya want me to tell ya, you’re the one who called him a teddy bear!
EFFY: T-That’s why we should investigate! Right?

[Image: LIZdtmA.png]

CARLA: Oh, but what if he IS dangerous? I’m sure Kaphy would say he can handle it, but I don’t know...
CLOVER: Ka— EW.
CARLA: What? I can have a pet name for my boss!
CLOVER: Your bossfriend— I mean, FUCK, whatever, he’s a greasy weirdo—
EFFY: Clo!

Unfortunately, the conversation going on in the other room isn’t going to stop and wait for you to sort THIS conversation out.

> Well, you should care because they'll make sure your life is a living hell if you don't.

[Image: LC2bswS.png]

KAPHLAR: Did you just threaten me?
AUBIN: I’m not certain where you got that idea. Again, you are free to do as you wish.
AUBIN: All I mean to suggest is that keeping up with what WE intend to do may be best for your own peace of mind.
KAPHLAR: Stop dressing it up, I know what you said.
KAPHLAR: Amazing how you’re even more of a slimebag than I remembered!
>Kaph: Is there any reason you shouldn't just show this fuzzball the door?
>KAPHLAR: No matter what, they're going to get what they want, you know how this works. You may as well save yourself the pain and expedite the process. What do they want?
>Maybe we should chill them out... with a cup of tea or bottle of cola.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
> Kaph: Is there any reason you shouldn't just show this fuzzball the door?

[Image: 9LPpxME.png]

You are none other than Kaphlar fucking Kinra, a fox of innumerable talents, incomparable wit and basically the hottest guy alive. And this NERD plus your sister but you have to put up with her bullshit like every other day thinks he can just waltz in and tell you what to do? He doesn’t even really KNOW you. He doesn’t know what you can do.

Murder isn’t your style, of course, but you don’t teach people lessons by killing them, now do you? If you want someone to understand who they’re messing with - if you want it to stick - what you have to do is make an impact. Impose yourself, assert your superiority, terrify if needed. Maybe that’s what it’ll take with this asshole. He’s smug, but he’s also a coward. And if your sister doesn’t get this stupid idea out of her head, you’ll do it to her too.

Except she’s clingy and stubborn. She’s been chasing after you for how long now? She never stops trying.

And sure, this is a really fucking stupid idea. But if it happens to work the way they’re saying--

[Image: brn7DJY.gif]

She’s not going to stop.

> KAPHLAR: No matter what, they're going to get what they want, you know how this works. You may as well save yourself the pain and expedite the process.

[Image: IdEY5qJ.png]

KAPHLAR: Fine. Fine! I’m in, to an extent.
KAPHLAR: You pretty much just want me to keep in touch, right? Or do I have to join in on the stalking?
SELENA: Geeeez. You always sound so upset about spending time with your family~!
KAPHLAR: Shut up and answer the question.
SELENA: Heehee, make up your mind!
KAPHLAR: OH MY GOD JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION.
SELENA: Yeah, I guess staying in touch is fine~ Just as long as you’re not actively against us, I think there’s no problem!
AUBIN: Indeed! Although, of course, we would greatly appreciate any help on the practical side of this little project.

> Maybe we should chill them out... with a cup of tea or bottle of cola.

[Image: M8uk11f.png]

EFFY: Ah! I got it!
EFFY: We could just pretend to bring them drinks!
CLOVER: What.
EFFY: I-I mean, we bring them real drinks. But the drinks aren’t REALLY why we’re coming in! Oh, maybe we can put a whole bottle of soda or something on the tray, and get some glasses, and...!
CARLA: Oh, I don’t know... He really didn’t look like he wanted anybody in that room, the poor baby...
>Kaph: Practical side? This smells like a trap.

>Effy: Pick a really excellent time to carry out your good plan.
>Drinks won't be enough, they'll be suspicious. You'll need an entire platter of cheese and crackers. Maybe summer sausage too, if you have any.
>AUBIN: Peer out of the room. "Stop eavesdropping, it's rude."
[Image: v93Re6F.png]

EFFY: But!
EFFY: But if we’re very polite, he’s not going to kick us out!
CLOVER: ... Ya sure about that?
EFFY: Um, I guess he might if he were alone... He does seem kind of... shy?
CLOVER: Shy ain’t the word--
EFFY: But Selena is there, and so is Mr. Beauregard!
CARLA: ... Okay. I’m going to help you both.

[Image: 5nt0tSC.png]

CLOVER: You just wanna spy on ‘em too, don’t ya?
CARLA: I didn’t even know he had a sister!

> Effy: Pick a really excellent time to carry out your good plan.

[Image: UgzLtbl.png]

Minutes later, you have amassed enough snacks to determine that you’ve GOT this. Cheese? You’ve got it. Crackers? Right here. Ham? You’re pretty sure French people love ham.

Surely you’ll be able to at least catch the gist of whatever they were discussing. Time to step forward and—

[Image: HMtrdGS.png]

AUBIN: Ah, you’ve brought refreshments? How kind of you!
EFFY & CARLA: Eek!
AUBIN: Our discussion is just about over, fortunately.
AUBIN: After all, you wouldn’t want to eavesdrop.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
SpoilerShow
>And now everything's on the floor. No one will want to eat floor crackers or drink floor juice. Oh, the best-laid plans of mice and men...
>They're on to you, RETREAT!!!
>Clo: Hero time! Save the snacks!
> just ask him to tell you what they were talking about.

[Image: 2Exfora.png]

EFFY: Um...!

[Image: ygwyvdU.png]

EFFY: Yeah, t-that’d be really rude! Heheh...

[Image: TiPX5D1.png]

You are now Kaphlar Kinra, for just a brief moment before these people hopefully get out of your house. Hell of a deal you’ve gotten yourself into. With nothing in it for you save for that, you couldn’t be less enthused about it.

But you might be able to get the French fuck off your back just yet.

For now, however? Unbeknownst to you, some children have a trip to make, and it’s scheduled for...

> THE NEXT WEEKEND.

[Image: uN9fK9J.png]

EFFY: We don’t need to pack clothes, right...? Grandma said we’d be coming back home to sleep...
CLOVER: Then... We don’t?? Shit, don’t ask me, I guess if the afterlife doesn’t care ‘bout us comin’ and goin’, then... that’s that.
CLOVER: Jesus, this is so fuckin’ weird.
>Effy: Take inventory of vital adventuring supplies
>Bring some of your favorite books and toys. You can share them with the locals. It's cultural.
>You probably want to pack a couple spare Tshirts and a towel. You never know when you might get covered in slime, ectoplasm and so forth... Or just sweat a lot.
>Take a notepad and a pencil. A small camera too, maybe if cellphones don't work in the afterlife ? Helps to have things to take notes and pictures with.
>Definitively some chocolate energy bars and some bottled water. Don't want to trust that river styx purrified tap water...
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
SpoilerShow

> Effy: Take inventory of vital adventuring supplies

[Image: 6wf42VL.png]

Okay, this can’t be that hard. You’ve seen/read countless movies/stories about going on adventures, as well as gone on your fair share of school trips, and isn’t this a little bit of both, in a sense?

You have a variety of healthy snacks and water. That’s the most important thing, you think. Nimah didn’t say exactly where you would be spending most of your time, but you imagine this training location can’t be TOO close to civilisation, so it’s best to stock up. You’re still not sure about clothes - sure, you won’t be spending the night over there, but what if you get hurt? Or too sweaty??? Of course, that’s assuming this training will be strenuous, but why wouldn’t it be?... Unless theory is part of it, too. Do you need to take a notepad, too? Something to write with?!

[Image: ZURPJ2w.png]

CLOVER: Not takin’ any entertainment?
EFFY: Um, well...! I don’t think I’m gonna have time to read or play any games, right?
EFFY: W-We can only do this over the weekends for now, so we have to focus...!

You did consider bringing some manga along, to share with the locals - for cultural purposes - but then you realised that, should you see any locals, they may already know what manga is.

You’ve never been to Mexico before. It’s kind of embarrassing, especially now that you know an ancestor who was actually born there.

... Maybe you’ll have time to do some sightseeing. That would be nice. You’re afraid - especially now - that TV may not have given you the most accurate look at what the place looks like.

[Image: rdspKUj.png]

NIMAH: Good morning, everyone! Are you ready to go?
EFFY: Y-Yes! I mean, nearly! Um, do you think this is gonna be enough...?

[Image: cD5atOz.png]

AUBIN: Oh, I should think there’s no need to rush.
AUBIN: As eager as Nimah is to teach, I’m quite certain she won’t push you too hard on your first time.
CLOVER: You?!
AUBIN: Me?
CLOVER: The hell are YOU doin’ here??
AUBIN: Oh, did we neglect to mention it? I will be coming along as well.
>Clover: Politely question the necessity of this accompaniment