We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
I'll be a healer so not everyone dies as much please.

And the demo is available in the eShop, and you can transfer your game into the full version from where you left off.

oh man i need a guild name that's 8 characters long i don't have one though
YgleTime
Aquilage
Omegletm
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
ok so we have
SpoilerShow
i'm done taking over the thread go back to talking about video games
You can make me a magic dude if you want. (Do they have illusionists? Or ice wizards? Or is it just generic magic dudes?)
I don't know how many of you are familiar with The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. They are a pair of top-notch adventure games, with The Longest Journey, released first in Norway in 1999, being a traditional fixed-camera point-and-click and Dreamfall, released in 2006, being a more free-roaming 3D adventure. Though they have a couple of rough spots, I'd recommend both heartily.

The important news is that a new game in the series is finally under development, and is being Kickstarted right now!

I tell you this mainly because I am hoping the Kickstarter reaches $2M, guaranteeing development of the fourth game in the series.
Oh man I loved The Longest Journey. The only problem is every time I try to replay it it bugs or something and i can never get passed the getting the thing off the train-tracks puzzle. I don't know if there's really time enough to reach that 2 mil target but they can have some of my money anyway.
Two things.

1) I know we are way past FTL times but I cannot resist a good story/bragging so I figured it was worth noting that I literally beat the Flagship with one hull integrity remaining
[Image: tumblr_mj9whmu2R01s487r8o1_500.png]

2) I got Fire Emblem Awakening. It's quite entertaining and the voice acting is pretty damn good. Unfortunately I made the somewhat foolish decision of turning on permadeath so I had to sacrifice the paladin with horrible growth rates who I never used and had like two unrelated supports while everyone else is at least halfway to an S-rank. Truly he will be missed.
Does FE:A still have the old Knight units and are they still fabulous bricks of armour wider than they are tall, wearing their shields on their chest for extra protection? It's dumb but I admit that class's look is one of the reasons I play the franchise.
(03-07-2013, 04:35 AM)Infinity Biscuit Wrote: »Does FE:A still have the old Knight units and are they still fabulous bricks of armour wider than they are tall, wearing their shields on their chest for extra protection? It's dumb but I admit that class's look is one of the reasons I play the franchise.
[Image: fe_kellam_thumb.jpg]
Unfortunately their shields are detached now. Otherwise they look and act pretty much the same.
Bluh, without the giant armour skirt that looks like his pyjamas got a tumor.

Oh well, I'd figured the glory of the design wouldn't be translated well so it's not much of a disappointment.
Can i get a picture of said design? I'm intrigued.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
SpoilerShow
Fire Emblem knights are undeniably wonderful
Their shield is a massive, detachable part of their chestplate! It's brilliant
Here is a link to a sprite sheet of the old GBA sprites. The Knight's design appealed to me a lot due to how well it gives a feeling of solidity and stability, and the use the shield as an extra piece of armour always amused me.
WOW shit that is so cool, they also look kind of like a helmet, that's genius. I remember watching my friend play that game in middle school and we liked a little winged girl that could turn into a giant dragon but only lasted for a limited amount of turns before she was gone permanently or something. It looked awesome.
I DID IT.
SpoilerShow

Just to bring back that perennial flower that is Bastion, I've been working on a challenge for a while now. Beating the Who Knows Wheres with full idols, and a few rules.

1. No Galleon Mortar, no Calamity Cannon. They're both OP as hell and are basically cheating. Every winning strategy I've seen has used the Galleon Mortar, so fuck that noise.
2. You get one life, and one life only. When you're die, restart, even if you have tries left.

I started with a few idols on the pipe WKW (The Kid's dream) and worked my way up. My notes below:
SpoilerShow

If anyone else wants to try this, I'd be happy to spew more of my incredibly important mancer research.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Man, wish I could remember my strategy for that. It was too long ago. But I beat it with at least many of the idols. Maybe not all of them.
It wasn't the hammer, though. I never used that. I do remember using the thing what lets you summon friendly gasbags, and spamming that a lot. And I think the spear and the flechette gun with homing shots. (I don't remember what anything is actually called.)
I didn't even finish Bastion, i just can't bring myself to do it even knowing that i'm pretty close to the end. It's just so... boring and redundant.

Good things about Bastion IMO: The backgrounds, the music. Bad things: Everything else.

And that's my super constructive addition to this conversation.
oh hey there's a steam group?

can I get in on being in the steam group?
Yeah sure, add me on steam and I'll send you an invite as soon as I can log in.

I'm infrared on steam btw, I'll post a link when I get access to a computer
I have a Steam, I haven't like, ever used it though

If you wanna throw me on I'm my name
"No group or player records were found matching your search terms."

Can't find you! You should post a link. Also i made an announcement in the group read it read it.
I'm under the radar man

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mehgamehn

Is that what you're looking for? Cause I mean I literally don't Steam like at all
(03-11-2013, 11:26 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Has anyone played any of Cing's adventure games for the DS? I love adventure games, but they only got average critical reviews.

I've played Hotel Dusk, but you've probably heard a lot about it. Pretty excellent game, uses the DS' weird features in innovative ways.
[Image: tumblr.png] [Image: signature.gif] [Image: sig.gif]