+iny ©at people

+iny ©at people
RE: +iny ©at people
(07-16-2017, 02:01 PM)Kanelel Wrote: »Let's not create any unnecessary dangers, witches and gnomes seem like a good way to destroy what little trust we have left. We're right about the danger anyway, we don't need to fake it. Fernando isn't stupid, she'll realize we're right as long as we can convince her to excercise enough caution that she sees warning signs before getting into a deadly situation.
Have we encountered any danger whatsoever so far? The puzzles as well as macaron and her tcp are harmless, aren't they? The worst I can think of is that a tcp might fall off the tower. I see no reason to believe that there would be any danger now.

Fernando doesn't have the entity tracker and wouldn't be able to trace any monsters back to us creating them.
Teach Fernando: True grit

@cryologically inclined short person spawning idea: Okay I've seen a few cartoons in my day, and whenever there's some plot of like "Hey pretend to rob this girl so I can save her and be a big hero" it always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always goes wrong.

What I'm getting at here is this is some snidely whiplash shit.
(07-16-2017, 02:24 PM)Gen Wrote: »Teach Fernando: True grit

@cryologically inclined short person spawning idea: Okay I've seen a few cartoons in my day, and whenever there's some plot of like "Hey pretend to rob this girl so I can save her and be a big hero" it always always always
always always always goes wrong.

What I'm getting at here is this is some snidely whiplash shit.

Well, we're not supposed to save Fernando. Why'd you suppose I'd give her that torch?

Everybody seems to think that fernando will somehow, magically, come around if we don't interfere like the good parents we are and I really doubt that. And well, this was my only plan that didn't involve threathening to kill fernando or hooking her up to drugs catnip.
I mean.. I really don't agree with this idea? As far as we know, there really isn't any danger. (Yet.) but there is the unexplained second planet, i think?
Fernando will likley venture there, if anything. She might learn a lesson there on her own, if you really want to give her one.
(07-16-2017, 03:28 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »I mean.. I really don't agree with this idea? As far as we know, there really isn't any danger. (Yet.) but there is the unexplained second planet, i think?
Fernando will likley venture there, if anything. She might learn a lesson there on her own, if you really want to give her one.
Yeah but that'll only happen if the god there is hostile, won't it? If it's a friendly god Fernando will have tea parties, play dress up and solve puzzles.
So far I would say that the consensus on both sides of this internal argument is that Fernando will leave our planet and it may take a while for *her to come back. Our biological child should never leave home unprepared.

>GIVE RUCKSACK - FERNANDO
>GIVE RATIONS - FERNANDO
>GIVE ROPE - FERNANDO
>GIVE WARM FUZZY HAT - FERNANDO
>GIVE BELT - FERNANDO
>GIVE HOLSTER - FERNANDO
>GIVE GUN - FERNANDO
>GIVE AMMO - FERNANDO
>GIVE SUPPORTIVE LETTER - FERNANDO
SpoilerShow
(07-16-2017, 06:58 PM)BananaPanda Wrote: »So far I would say that the consensus on both sides of this internal argument is that Fernando will leave our planet and it may take a while for him to come back. Our biological child should never leave home unprepared.

>GIVE RATIONS - FERNANDO
>GIVE ROPE - FERNANDO
>GIVE WARM FUZZY HAT - FERNANDO
>GIVE BELT - FERNANDO
>GIVE HOLSTER - FERNANDO
>GIVE GUN - FERNANDO
>GIVE AMMO - FERNANDO

whoa there, that's a tad much? not sure Fernando will appreciate that, also she is a she.
(07-16-2017, 11:38 PM)Wheat Wrote: »CREATE: an ice-gnome killing anvil directly above the ice-gnome's head. the anvil only kills ice-gnomes
CREATE: A snow gnome atop the ice gnome. The snow gnome doesn't get killed by ice gnome killing anvils

The gnome was my least invasive measure though. I still got bribes and death threaths.

>Teach Fernando: Hedonism
>Teach Fernando: Catnip
>Create a small can of catnip
>Teach Windy & Fennel: Saying no to drugs
This seems like it may soon get very out of hand
SpoilerShow
uh ok I'm going to try something stupid.

>clear command queue
>disable CREATE, LEARN, and GIVE for 10 minutes
>HELP
>SERIOUSLY THINGS ARE NOT GOING WELL
yeeeeah lets cool on the commands for now please. lets just let what happens happe for now
There is no need to interfere or create danger. The laws of narrative dictate that these things will find her on their own.
How abstract of concepts can we teach exactly.
Are things like "Forgiveness" and "Extreme Caution" teachable.
(07-16-2017, 03:31 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(07-16-2017, 03:28 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »I mean.. I really don't agree with this idea? As far as we know, there really isn't any danger. (Yet.) but there is the unexplained second planet, i think?
Yeah but that'll only happen if the god there is hostile, won't it? If it's a friendly god Fernando will have tea parties, play dress up and solve puzzles.

That would be a good thing though. The best-case scenario would be if we were proven wrong and our cats turned out perfectly safe. Even in the scenario where our being wrong causes her to leave us forever and start hanging out with Macaron or whoever she'll still be safe and happy, and that's all that really matters.

I'm in favor of anything that will help prepare Fernando for her journey, and am against any Machiavellian schemes to keep her with us.
Ditto on the above. We created these tiny cat people so we're responsible for their well-being, and should treat them nice and fair. I'm against playing mind games on them in an ill-conceived attempt to teach them a lesson.
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
(07-18-2017, 06:19 AM)Kanelel Wrote: »That would be a good thing though. The best-case scenario would be if we were proven wrong and our cats turned out perfectly safe. Even in the scenario where our being wrong causes her to leave us forever and start hanging out with Macaron or whoever she'll still be safe and happy, and that's all that really matters.

In this worst case scenario, we would become unable to create or teach anything and the tcp limit would stagnate, as one of our tcps would be on an adventure.
Frog crimes more like frog war crimes

Teach all: How to hug
(author notice: I'm gonna cut off the suggestions right here, just for this update, because I have it mostly written up and I don't wanna have to change it :v )
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
>CREATE ICE GNOME

A single ice gnome now wanders the Tower Maze, but there’s no telling where it spawned.

>GIVE EVERTORCH - FERNANDO
>GIVE RATIONS - FERNANDO
>GIVE ROPE - FERNANDO
>GIVE BELT - FERNANDO
>GIVE HOLSTER - FERNANDO
>GIVE GUN - FERNANDO
>GIVE AMMO - FERNANDO
>TEACH HUGGING - ALL

[Image: RFz6IE4.png]

Fernando goes up to her room, looks through her drawers, and changes into a new outfit. She picks out a plain trenchcoat and a pair of slippers, as well as her Bee Bowler. She also accepts your gifts, slipping the belt and holster on under her coat and putting the rest of her stuff into the rucksack… aside from the letter, which simply reads “You can do it! We believe in you!”

She’s sure you do.

[Image: HJqtNGB.png]

On her way out of the house, Windy and Fennel intercept her to… give her some of their things. Fennel gives her the extendable arm, and Windy gives her the laser pointer and a copy of the map of the Tower Maze they had drawn on their previous adventure. Windy also takes a minute to TEACH Fernando about Parkour, Gun Safety, and First Aid.

[Image: yvidcvJ.png]

Fernando stays quiet for a moment, before quietly thanking Windy and Fennel. She’s glad they’re sending her off on a positive note. They quickly exchange hugs before Fernando turns and walks away.

[Image: po9X707.png]

On her way out, Fernando uses her Bee Bowler to summon the bees around the planet to follow her continuously. Using the magic hat has made Fernando’s health go from OKAY to POOR.

And with that, Fernando marches off to the Tower Maze, forcing your team into ADVENTURE mode.

Not too long after, your COMMUNICATOR buzzes.

[Image: wIgmAKo.png]
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
> Y, I guess
Y. Gotta get on the grind, if you know what I mean
when the jeans hit just right

[Image: mgy3Hch.png]
Y. I can't wait to meet a new friend???
> Y.
Got a hunch this character is gonna be real interesting.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
oh thank goodness that could have gone much worse.

"hello you have reached frog crimes, we are currently in the middle of a tearful goodbye, would you mind holding?"
>turn out to be a telemarketer ohnoo
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!