[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/21 What do you want out of this title?
>I have to agree, who would do that?
>except for Eris
>what type of robots were they anyhow?
>also you've got a good idea about whittling them down.
>hrm if I win this wager you'll agree to be our patron and stay on for next crew
>but um if you'don't already agree to that, I kind of want to reunite Cobalt with geko, and if they don't kill each other, would it be possible to Godhead Cobalt?
>ok no that's silly.
>Helios what would even be a good wager
>Marble's injured, so she should go with Cleo on the Terror.

>Cea: Tell Latta that the key to surviving the giraffes is ignoring them.

>Marble: Before going, confirm Cea's claim. It worked when you were with O o o o anyway.

>Aw but that all sounds so cute! ...Minus the accidental death thing. But really, how did the robot forget their self-destruct button was on their hand? Anyway you're right we have more pressing matters to attend to at the moment, but perhaps later?
(10-21-2016, 08:12 AM)nonexistentPumpkin Wrote: »>Marble's injured, so she should go with Cleo on the Terror.

[img]seconding.jpg[/img]

> Don't we actually have to ask whether Spips actually wants to join our crew or not?
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/20 Title that is named in a horrible foreboding way.
SpoilerShow

>Marble: Get on the Terror with Cleo

>Cea: Ask Sonny to find the way to the ship.

I've a question, I know that hobbies and the like keep morale high but is there any way to raise sanity without therapy? Cea's sanity has become worryingly low after that last decrease.

(10-21-2016, 03:30 AM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Ooh, this is the first time I heard of Spips having a purple trait. :3 (I hope it's not just "Keeper of Terror Beasts" or some bull crap like that, though.)
Nah, it's visions:
SpoilerShow
> Cea: Talk to Latta like, you never introduced me to your friend here, ask Latta about Spips, introduce yourself to Spips, flirtatiously if possible. Be like, oh who is THIS now ;)))))) You need to calm down with some flirting after this ordeal

Plus the rest of our crew doesn't know Spips we need introductions
> That does seem strange. Is there any apparent reason you can think of for all those lamps?
> I feel kind of bad for Fortuna. It must be lonely. I wonder if the dice are controlling her somehow? I do have one more question. What would happen if we took Fortuna's dice away? We broke them once, but Helios and Hermes helped us fix them right away.
> Sure I'll make a wager with you! It'll keep things interesting. If I win, you have to tell me everything you know about a god of my choice. I'll be thinking of who I want that to be. Sound fair? What would you like me to do for you?
> Also guys, I've been dying to use my room trap ability ever since you told me about it. I think Hermes should still be on the ship. Are you sure we can't try it out on him? Hermes is one of my favourite AIs. If we do, you guys need to be gentle, okay? He's going through a bit of an episode right now and I would hate to spook him.

> Crew: Be introduced to Spips!

(Edit: acknowledging that they said they didn't want to room trap Hermes before)
(10-21-2016, 11:12 AM)Hermes Wrote: »> Also guys, I've been dying to use my room trap ability ever since you told me about it. I think Hermes should still be on the ship. I want to try it out on him, but you guys need to be nice, okay? He's going through a bit of an episode right now and I would hate to spook him.

They don't want to do it with Hermes. Trust me if Hermes was an option I would have been all over that by now.

Who knows though maybe we still have a chance to do it with Echidna. Kelda's still here. And if she ends up going on a rampage or something and crashes through the party then we have our opportunity and can kill 2 birds with 1 stone here by removing her from the situation and testing out room trap for the first time it's win-win. Just deal with the giant clockwork dragon attacking your party by trapping it in a room it's fine
(10-21-2016, 11:27 AM)TangledAlmond Wrote: »Who knows though maybe we still have a chance to do it with Echidna. Kelda's still here. And if she ends up going on a rampage or something and crashes through the party then we have our opportunity and can kill 2 birds with 1 stone here by removing her from the situation and testing out room trap for the first time it's win-win. Just deal with the giant clockwork dragon attacking your party by trapping it in a room it's fine
This would put a 100 ft+ infectuous clockwork in the same room as our patrons though. I was also under the impression that this ability put the rest of the game on pause while it happened so unless we were to kill or cripple Kelda we'd be no better off.

Edit: We might be able to use our roomtrap on the lady or one of her guests.
> A bet you say? What'd be the stakes?

A friendly wager seems like a good way to get on Athena's good side. As long it's nothing like "We'll let you run the entire crew next game" or anything like that.

(10-21-2016, 11:12 AM)Hermes Wrote: »> Sure I'll make a wager with you! It'll keep things interesting. If I win, you have to tell me everything you know about a god of my choice. I'll be thinking of who I want that to be. Sound fair? What would you like me to do for you?

I'm not sure we'd gain anything from this. Helios or Athena would probably tell us the answer to whatever we could think of as long as it's not too personal and we could always check the Cosmodex. Only god this wouldn't work for is Apollo.

EDIT 2: I've got it! If we prove Athena wrong we should see if she'd be willing to direct one of her God Heads our way. We may not be able to directly make one but it shouldn't be too hard to find one if we can get their patron deity to direct them our way.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(10-21-2016, 05:29 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »EDIT 2: I've got it! If we prove Athena wrong we should see if she'd be willing to direct one of her God Heads our way. We may not be able to directly make one but it shouldn't be too hard to find one if we can get their patron deity to direct them our way.

Athena will willingly put her godhead on our crew if she manages to make one and we let her stay our patron in the next run.

How about if we win Athena has to wear a silly hat?
(10-21-2016, 08:12 AM)nonexistentPumpkin Wrote: »>Marble's injured, so she should go with Cleo on the Terror.

[Image: b8gwube.gif]

[I've got something for the bet! If we prove you wrong we should see if she'd be willing to direct one of her God Heads our way. We may not be able to directly make one but it shouldn't be too hard to find one if we can get their patron deity to direct them our way.]

[Image: chV1oYZ.gif]

I thought that was the point of buying Nero, so I could make them in to a godhead for you to use? I suppose I'm not required to lend you usage of my godhead if you don't allow me to play in the next game, so I suppose we could make that a deal if that's something you really want.

[Image: NEgVeUa.gif]

(10-21-2016, 10:52 AM)TangledAlmond Wrote: »> Cea: Talk to Latta like, you never introduced me to your friend here, ask Latta about Spips, introduce yourself to Spips, flirtatiously if possible. Be like, oh who is THIS now ;)))))) You need to calm down with some flirting after this ordeal

[Hmmm how about if you lose the bet, we don't get anything because friendship is its own reward? :>]

The reward of friendship if I lose? That would be just-

........ The reward of friendship, why are you highlighting that?

[Image: bou7seU.gif]
It's an important word. Also I haven't highlighted anything in a while.

Anyway! I'll take that deal too. Feel free to mull over what you really want and then come back to me. Now for what I get. If I win, you must pause the game, and then proceed to go outside. Once outside, in the non game word that is, I want you to take pictures! Of birds! Your birds! Then show them to me. I wish to view what your birds look like, real birds! If you could find an owl, that would be great, but all I require is any bird. I suppose you could cheat and grab pictures off the internet, I wouldn't be able to tell, but that is what I want! Like I said, mull it over, think about it, then come back to me.

[Image: 8G2SuBa.gif]

[Image: Gch4IkE.gif]

[Image: gUFzOj7.gif]

[Image: tHPsmrm.gif]

[Image: ovXWNBz.gif]
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/21 I missed the silly hat command.....
@title: Dangit.

>Marble: [connections]: Threathen to have a price put on his head for time travel if he doesn't compensate you for Cleo's sickness.

Let's milk this kitty.

Edit: Also you forgot to put Helios' face in the update.
(10-21-2016, 10:56 PM)Fellow Wrote: »@title: Dangit.

>Marble: [connections]: Threathen to have a price put on his head for time travel if he doesn't compensate you for Cleo's sickness.

Let's milk this kitty.

Edit: Also you forgot to put Helios' face in the update.

Seconding.

Now, Athena said we could mull over what we want so lets do that. Even if we don't win we could use this as an opportunity to show our capacity for practical thought by picking something we couldn't get otherwise that'd have some pretty good benefits. That way at the very least Athena may respect us more.

We're probably not gonna get rid of Athena next run so no need for the godhead. I can't see friendship working out as a reward either unless Athena forced herself to view us as friends, although it might earn us some points with Helios. A silly hat could be amusing.
>Athena I must warn you, if we give you bird pictures you will be literally showered with them. Helios can confirm this, we wanted to give him some new markers once and kinda went overboard.

>...Although that was about 300 years ago, I'm not sure if Helios would remember.

>Marble: Avoid telling Edel that it was Cea who made the deal with this guy. Just say you hired him and leave it at that.

>Wait what, you only wanted the shell? Then why did you take the AI too?

>Nikki: Dunno, h-haven't gotten the thing yet. P-probably because you just told me I took the AI too now. ;3
Oh and if Nikki responds by just time traveling away like the ass he is,

Hey Hermes! I got a fanart for whichever handsome lad steals Nikki's mask.
Missed your highlighting, Helios. It is helpful and reassuring to see. Glad it's back.
"1. AIs are just people who carry a manual. Treat them like people.
2. People with manuals get confused and scared when things occur that are not in the manual. Treat them like people when this happens.
3. Treat them like people."
(10-21-2016, 10:56 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Let's milk this kitty.

First of all, thanks for that mental image.

(10-21-2016, 10:56 PM)Fellow Wrote: »>Marble: [connections]: Threathen to have a price put on his head for time travel if he doesn't compensate you for Cleo's sickness.

I imagine he would do us one better, but with a catch: He could just use his Notail genetic knowledge to produce a cure, but that would be too simple. He could pull out the Cure-All just for the "How?!" points, but... no; we lost that priveledge by being rude about it. I think he would actually provide something that, while also fixing the problem immediately, would be much more sinister; like a certain object that Cleo can use to strike a deal with a certain someone...

Okay, enough AU fantasies for now. It's entirely possible that I am waaaaaaay overestimating what Nikki is capable of. Either way, I'm third-ening Fellow's suggestion.
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
> What! Who's agreement? Nobody made no agreements round these parts. And why would these "suckers" (whoever they are) trade you a rare AI shell??
>Marble: We did get his help to fix the ship, but we thought he left. Oh well, how are you and slate holding up?
>Nikki you piece of ;3 I'm gonna punch your past self so hard that your future self is going to feel it
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
I wonder if I could get around to going to the zoo before the bet is over. I wanna contribute something to this whole shebang and taking pictures of animals for anetha sounds like a nice adventure.

and now to ruin everything
SpoilerShow
(10-21-2016, 10:56 PM)Fellow Wrote: »>Marble: [connections]: Threaten to have a price put on his head for time travel if he doesn't compensate you for Cleo's sickness.

[Image: hcKKlMc.gif]

[Image: RFfDJKs.gif]

[Image: 7WLEBU6.gif]

[Image: ab2zsj8.gif]

[Image: H409z2r.gif]

[Image: 8cdGHVd.gif]

[Image: pHYTw7B.gif]

[Image: fGOvPm1.gif]

[Image: DC1Al9B.gif]

[Birds: birded. Aka we'll take the bet.]

Good! Perfect. The bet is on. Get ready to be, "served" as Nike says it, co-player!

[Image: xyWeoKm.gif]

SpoilerShow

[Image: 45MKcz4.gif]

Uh........Student......I....Don't believe that's what was meant....

Why did you close that? I wish to see it!

[Image: 2DWgnz8.gif]

It was nothing. Nothing at all.

Are you informing me that the co-player sent in an empty message?

Yes. They must have accidentally hit enter before putting in anything.

You're not lying to me, are you patron? You wouldn't lie to a person who can check if you're lying to them, would you?

[Image: 45MKcz4.gif]

.............The student wrote something embarrassing in this note. As such I cannot show it to you.

Are you BURNING THE NOTE?

[Image: Vtx8nJO.gif]

Maybe?

What matters now is that it's gone.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/23 Verbally sweats
Whoa what the heck Helios opened his mouth.

> Have Cea or Marble or Edel follow Latta to the party - whichever one of them wants to go. I actually want Edel to go, since we haven't seen a lot of interaction with him yet.
>If Cleo is able to go she should. As an artist she is probably the best to understand things and discuss them.

EDIT:

SpoilerShow

>Cea: If there's a party we should probably bring snacks. Edel, are the chocolates still here, and are they still good?
> Marble: Check on Slate.