[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/11 Peons
Haha, well, jokes on you Nikki; you're on the crew!!!

> Nikki: Do everything Cea says.
(10-12-2016, 01:16 AM)LoverIan Wrote: »>cea int check
>cea: ask Sonny to help make clear which parts should not be touched
Seconding this!
(10-11-2016, 08:03 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »
(10-11-2016, 07:00 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Be ready to start the fire even if you succeed. The chassis will probably turn whether it has an AI or not, and even if it doesn't, it'll be useless in its contaminated state.

This issue can be solved by simply hacking of it's legs and possibly head once we're done (Although that may be hard with Cea's low strength). I can't imagine it'd be easy to get around without any legs.

I thought this said hacking its legs and was very confused why low strength would make Cea a bad hacker.
(10-11-2016, 02:47 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Cea: You can deal with him later. Right now you need to handle Hasty. First tell him to shut down. That way if he turns unexpectedly you'll know it when he comes back on. Be ready to start a fire in case you can't successfully remove his core in time. Ask Sonny to help you in whatever way he can and get to work.

[Image: 2mn7n9z.gif]

[Speaking of varying strains; Helios, do you know what the heck is up with Cobalt becoming a clockwork by getting suckered into declaring herself to be "Cosmic Friends Forever" with a guy who turned out to be Mors?]

[Image: bou7seU.gif]

I am unsure what you wish for me to explain, it is as it is. You have seen first hand what it means. A gift of eternal friendship. A gift of being unable to die. As such, she is now a clockwork.

[Image: J3LcSBR.gif]

[Image: zMqEMSl.gif]

[Image: 440pxjI.gif]

[Image: n1keWUc.gif]
Fortuna rolls a 20 sided dice. A 10 is rolled.

(10-11-2016, 08:18 AM)Fellow Wrote: »It's a good thing Cea is a [Perfectionist]. This makes him less likely to make a mistake so he probably won't need much luck if he screws Hasty's head open.

[Image: n5aZPWS.gif]

[Image: ORcGkvi.gif]

[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/13 This is the update where Hasty Dies
>Cea: Better put the core in your inventory and wash your hands before continuing. You can drop the glowsticks in the kitchen.

>Cea: Decide to burn hasty and set up some fires around the room with the kuppas. You'd best get some help carrying the wood.

Since identifying infection takes an intelligence check, we could ask Shetlock or maybe Nicko.

Edit: Looking at the title I guess that bang wasn't harmless.
If an AI core can be ruined by being dropped, then that would make it not much better than an "ancient" iPhone, so I'm sure we didn't hurt Hasty with that.

Don't forget that while the status of the AI core is unknown, the chassis we *know* is infected. Burn it. *Then* set up fires ready to go at the entrances of room 4 (only set them off when you're about to open the doors, and only open the doors when you land). (Room 4 *is* the Hasty/Blu room in the middle, right?)

[I was mostly asking *why* it happened. I was curious *how* it worked, too, but I think I get the whole "ooh spooky god powers" thing. The question is; why do that to begin with? Does Mors just really want a friend, and I'm just overthinking this, or is there some agenda at play here?]
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
(10-13-2016, 12:41 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »If an AI core can be ruined by being dropped, then that would make it not much better than an "ancient" iPhone, so I'm sure we didn't hurt Hasty with that.
I imagine even sturdy computers don't take it well if you hit something directly with the processor. Computer stuff has protective covers for a reason.

And I think if we try to burn hasty now, it'll turn on the sprinklers.
Oh, right! Crap!

> Nikki: Turn off the sprinklers.
(10-13-2016, 01:12 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Oh, right! Crap!

> Nikki: Turn off the sprinklers.
The sprinklers can be turned on and off in the control room. Someone is gonna have to go to its door and shout.
I wonder if Fortunaverse has Grey's Anatomy broadcasting in it. Follow-up wondering: I wonder if Cea keeps up with Grey's Anatomy.

> Cea: Yell over to the cockpit, "Turn off the sprinklers". (Hopefully, they can hear us.)

Then, Cea can wash his hands and start going about burning Hasty's shell. Speaking of shells, Hasty needs a new one, doesn't he? I wonder where we could get one... maybe at The Party.
"such a feet before." (2nd to last panel, 2nd line)
Yea Cea take his feet!!!! YeAH!!

(10-13-2016, 01:27 PM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: »> Cea: Yell over to the cockpit, "Turn off the sprinklers". (Hopefully, they can hear us.)
Maybe we can knock on the door?

(10-13-2016, 01:27 PM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: »Then, Cea can wash his hands and start going about burning Hasty's shell. Speaking of shells, Hasty needs a new one, doesn't he? I wonder where we could get one... maybe at The Party.
Hmm. We may find one in the Slab Lands. Right? Some robot must've died out there...
(10-13-2016, 01:27 PM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: »> Cea: Yell over to the cockpit, "Turn off the sprinklers". (Hopefully, they can hear us.)

I would rather have Nikki already on that, either way. He's smart enough to think to address this himself, and it frees up time for Cea.

(10-13-2016, 01:27 PM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: »=>Then<=, Cea can wash his hands and start going about burning Hasty's shell.

I think Cea should definitely wash his hands before Nikki succeeds at getting Cobalt to shut the water off.

> Nikki: Try to communicate with Cobalt to get those sprinklers shut off.

> Cea: Stash the AI core in your inventory (replacing the apparently completely useless twirlers) and wash your hands, quick. Burn the chassis, then set up the firestarting stations around room 4. Check your inventory once in a while. If the core starts wiggling and moving on its own - as it shouldn't - eject that sh*t (away from people, please).

Also, where *was* Sonny during that Int check?
Hasty's mother is presumably still alive and she was dropped on the floor when Hasty went to grab Blu. I doubt a single bang would've been fatal, although it did probably cause some problems.

> Cea: Ask Sonny if he can identify if anything went wrong during the operation.

EDIT: Also we should probably have one of Hasty's crew mates hold onto him both because it makes sense and because it means none of our guys are in any danger if he turns.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(10-13-2016, 06:29 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Hasty's mother is presumably still alive and she was dropped on the floor when Hasty went to grab Blu. I doubt a single bang would've been fatal, although it did probably cause some problems.

SpoilerShow
Hasty wasn't carrying his mother.

I think we should try to have someone identify if there is a clockwork infection in the core before we hand it over, as to prevent problems arising in the future. If Hasty, in a new body, manages to infect the rest of his crew then that will get us trouble when next we encounter them. If the core is infected, we should burn it.
(10-13-2016, 06:49 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
SpoilerShow
Hasty wasn't carrying his mother.

I think we should try to have someone identify if there is a clockwork infection in the core before we hand it over, as to prevent problems arising in the future. If Hasty, in a new body, manages to infect the rest of his crew then that will get us trouble when next we encounter them. If the core is infected, we should burn it.

Well his mom has to be somewhere, and a unaccounted for AI on a ship filled with clockwork doesn't bode well.

Also while I agree we should identify Hasty's status before we decide what to do with him, it's better if it's not one of our people holding onto him. As much as I think we should try to save others they're ultimately less important than anyone on our crew.
(10-13-2016, 07:22 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Well his mom has to be somewhere, and a unaccounted for AI on a ship filled with clockwork doesn't bode well.

Also while I agree we should identify Hasty's status before we decide what to do with him, it's better if it's not one of our people holding onto him. As much as I think we should try to save others they're ultimately less important than anyone on our crew.

Hasty's mom was just an AI core, seeing as he sold her body. Either one of his crew is carrying her or she got taken/destroyed along with blu's ship. Either way, when Hasty emptied his inventory she wasn't in there.

And I agree that we should put our own crew first, but if blu and co get infected with clockwork, they could become agressive towards us as well. Super infectious clockwork are bad and it'd be better if we prevent any from being sent to the planets we go to. If we give the core to the other crew before it is identified they might refuse to identify it or refuse to destroy the core if it turns out to be infected. It's better to keep the descision to destroy the core to ourselves.
Honestly, I don't care who we give him to as long as it's not one of ours. We could give him to the Husses or Nova or heck we could even just chuck him in a corner and leave him there, just so long as nobody on our crew is holding him.
I don't think the bang was anything major. At most he's going to have an adorable little speech impediment now or something like that. The core is probably not infected, as if it was the virus would be able to control Hasty already. But I think we need to get someone to verify that just in case. As for a new body for Hasty, once we've cleared the core of infection, we can just hand him over to Blu and they'll be able to find a body for him no problem. They make the big bucks.

For right now we need to see about getting those sprinklers off and the fires set.
> Cea: Assess if you can drag the chassis to the nearest door into room 4. That way you need to make one less fire.
> Cea: Show Nicko the AI core and ask him, Nicko, if it, Hasty's core, is infected.
(If so, put it with the rest of Ha at the other door.)
> Cea: Stick your head into Room 1 and let Cobalt or someone know to switch off the sprinklers. Ask Sonny to wait there (beforehand) and see if there are any issues with that.
> Cea: Start rounding up people to set two fires at each end of Room 4. And someone to move Hasty, if you couldn't. (Although, perhaps at point it'd be too dangerous. Thoughts, Patron and Co-player?)
> Nikki: Have decided that it'd be better to not have more ifected crew-mates, and just take care of the infected footprints.
...Please?

SpoilerShow
(10-13-2016, 08:06 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Honestly, I don't care who we give him to as long as it's not one of ours. We could give him to the Husses or Nova or heck we could even just chuck him in a corner and leave him there, just so long as nobody on our crew is holding him.

Actually, giving him to Nova might not be a bad idea. An AI core is much less likely to stir up too much chaos in the Cup-o-Doom room before it can be dealt with than a full chassis, and besides; we're almost there anyways.
>burn the shell
(10-13-2016, 01:27 PM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: »> Cea: Yell over to the cockpit, "Turn off the sprinklers". (Hopefully, they can hear us.) Then, Cea can wash his hands and start going about burning Hasty's shell.

(10-14-2016, 12:34 AM)DS Piron Wrote: »> Cea: Assess if you can drag the chassis to the nearest door into room 4. That way you need to make one less fire.

[Image: 2AHUXCz.gif]

[Image: BdP8pyY.gif]

[Image: Wh3hgF1.gif]

SpoilerShow
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
Go towards The Party. That way, we can have some closure to what's actually going on!
I'm voting for wherever the Captain isn't going. Isn't she going to the ship? If so, she can swing around and pick us up.

(10-14-2016, 12:11 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »
(10-13-2016, 12:41 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »[The question is; why do that to begin with? Does Mors just really want a friend, and I'm just overthinking this, or is there some agenda at play here?]

The answer to this would be the same as his last answer. That being "it is as it is" and also "A gift of eternal friendship."

I'm never going to get a real answer, am I?
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/14 Everyone is dying the musical
Actually, Can we just land the ship so the party is outside Kelda's range? Then when we meet up with Latta, Cleo and another crew member take the terrordactyl to the ship?

(10-14-2016, 01:18 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »I'm never going to get a real answer, am I?
I forget, can 'Fake' Heros kill first generation AIs permanently?
If true, and Cobalt is one. then Mors has a person that can kill his fellow 1st gens as a friend. (However, that would require Morse being able to predict that Cobalt would become Fake Hero (,assuming she is one). He might've also expected Cobalt to use her new Life-Changing Clock sooner, like when she bought the four-leaf clover from Geko. (but that seems flimsy as well. She never used it on herself ever.)