Lucidstuck I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucidstuck I
RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over!
Hey hey folks, you know what it is. It's Kayriel and we're getting these kids out alive. Protecting them from the worst threat to their survival since Vorrus died: Us.

To all newcomers and easily-unsettled people: We are NOT berating Daydream or Alice. Some part of her feels bad for what she's done, and she's shared that part with Emily AND us. Confidentially. Attacking it because we (by we I mean you) feel vindictive and want to personally punish her is going to make her recoil beyond our help at a crucial time.

Picture the last time you shared one of your deepest secrets with someone, and they used it to hurt you. How understanding were you? Did you FEEL like you should sit there and take it or did you retreat? Worse, did you attack the person in some fashion? Either way, it hurt enough that you stopped trusting them. However fucked up Daydream may be (and even by my standards she's a little fucked up (then again I figured this had/would happen a long, long time ago when I pointed out how yandere she was)) the fact remains that she bared her soul and some of us want to use that knowledge to STRIKE her just for self-gratification.

And that makes US into a monster, perhaps as much as her. Because her crime, while great, was not INTENTIONALLY malicious, we would attack what amounts to the god of this world just for personal satisfaction, citing to ourselves that because our crime is not hers we can throw our own baseline moral foundation aside to get pleasure out of hurting her. ... Which in turn causes her to withdraw from us in pain and shame or to foul our efforts in fury, those not -directly- related to helping Derrick. And Daydream knows what Alice knows, sees what Alice sees. Attacking Alice now is pointless, she's not real. Daydream knows what she did is wrong and Emily has begun the healing, the fixing, of what was broken in Daydream's mind to begin with.

Let's focus on keeping the kids alive, and our metaphorical hands clean. Were it just me, I would make suggestions for Daydream at appropriate times to aid in her psychological breakthrough and recovery, but because we have unknown quantities so wrapped up in hot-button knee-jerk reactions and trying to validate such by saying it helps accomplish this or that which breaks down our own judgement and ability to succeed at our primary task, we must let Emily handle Daydream. Alice doesn't matter, and attempting to interfere with her will make her WORSE. Even Daydream confirmed this.

Nothing has changed. Our mission is the same. Do not take actions that risk the mission for the sake of personal vindication. Nightmare knows what Daydream has done to him. The fact she is still alive and he has not renounced her speaks volumes, I think, about his willpower. Let's trust in Derrick for now, and guide him appropriately, for his good and the good of the rest of the kids - not as a mouthpiece of our desire to hurt others for our anger at their terrible crimes.

(tl;dr: Don't sabotage the mission just because you feel like white-knighting. If the victim managed to overcome this knowledge, then we sure as hell aren't qualified to avenge him when he was more than capable of doing so himself and chose not to.)
Kayriel we have an irc, you should join us for a chat :P. ip, pan, fellow, terra, aa, nn, ma, and others have been hanging out there. (I'm tamtam on the irc)

Server: irc.arg-irc.net
Channel: #lacidstook
SpoilerShow
(05-31-2016, 06:56 PM)Lylac Wrote: »Kayriel we have an irc, you should join us for a chat :P. ip, pan, fellow, terra, aa, nn, ma, and others have been hanging out there. (I'm tamtam on the irc)

Server: irc.arg-irc.net
Channel: #lacidstook

Oh fantastic, I've been wondering how to get back in contact with everyone since the forums went down. I had to track down iP just to find this place. Thanks for the assist, Lylac.
SpoilerShow

=>

[Image: gLQGIAj.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: jSFx7vj.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: jGJfqyM.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: kPc6D40.png]

When you and Lucas order your food and sit down, you notice his mood suddenly changes.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: Iy3h9D2.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: Oxqnsxz.png]

You return home from hanging out with Lucas. You're definitely getting strange vibes from him now...
>Check to see if Alice is home

I can't think of any other commands. She probably won't like it if he goes straight to his room.
Pay special attention to that blank line, "Daydream: ..." Lucas must have been about to spill some beans but then daydream signaled to him to cut it out, this has happened before.

On this page, the guardian asks emily her name, then daydream instructs the guardian to allow her in, and then he's suddenly like oh! right Emily Reed, come on in!

here, emily was about to recognize having seen Alice (or DD) somewhere before, but then daydream did her thing.

just something to think about.

my command for now will be

>Derrick: Let Alice know you are home by shouting you have arrived, so she can hear you.
>DerricK: Lucas may be acting strange, but he seems genuinely interested in your well-being. Maybe you should put his shifty behaviour aside and try to help him out a bit in return, even if it's just checking in on him from time to time. You can definitely tell something's eating-away at him.
(05-31-2016, 08:46 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »>DerricK: Lucas may be acting strange, but he seems genuinely interested in your well-being. Maybe you should put his shifty behaviour aside for a bit and try to help him out a bit in return, even if it's just checking in on him from time to time. You can definitely tell something's eating-away at him.

seconding and

(05-31-2016, 08:36 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Derrick: Let Alice know you are home by shouting you have arrived, so she can hear you.

seconded too AND adding

>Derrick: and get off the skinny jeans. They're not your thing and will never be.
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
yeah say hi to Alice, same thing as everyone else.

How quickly this forum has taught me to conform.

:P
(05-31-2016, 08:58 PM)Panur Wrote: »>Derrick: and get off the skinny jeans. They're not your thing and will never be.

Seconding Panur's whole post, but also this.

>Derrick: Your friends seem concerned about you. Try to be a little cautious in your decision-making. They're your friends for a reason.
Am I the only one who feels we should maybe check on Lucas? There's kinda a lot going on with him and he may or may not have just pissed of Daydream. Although I also feel we should also see if anything has changed about Alice. Maybe it's just me but after what she did to Derrick she seems to have gotten bolder with her affection towards him.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(05-31-2016, 11:54 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Am I the only one who feels we should maybe check on Lucas? There's kinda a lot going on with him and he may or may not have just pissed of Daydream. Although I also feel we should also see if anything has changed about Alice. Maybe it's just me but after what she did to Derrick she seems to have gotten bolder with her affection towards him.

Yeah, i've been getting that impression too, they already had some bonding time yesterday, Alice had her fun with him, now today alice wanted to get Derrick all for herself today too, like goddamn sis you're getting greedy, give Derrick a break!.
>It's kinda dark, check the journal just in case.
Derrick: Check to see if Alice is home

[Image: 08VvysP.png]

You enter the living room. It's quiet, and a little unsettling since you're sure your sister is home. You decide to give her a shout.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 2y86M02.png]

Show ChatlogShow
>Derrick: Do you think it would be a good idea to fall asleep in the forts? That way you're more protected if something happens during your dreams. Maybe you should express this idea to your sister?
>: Derrick: check your journal first just in case.
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
(06-01-2016, 03:16 AM)intrepidPioneer Wrote: »Alice: We can get all warm and cozy before bed~
Alice: I'll go get us a blanket.

Me: *PTSD from dark update several pages ago* AAAAHHHHHHH

Okay, we are alright now.

Derrick: make sure homework is done before TV. Also check journal while putting away backpack you should totally have on you as you were at school.

Derrick: Don't leave backpack at Chick-fil-a overnight
What's this about the bag being missing? I can see it. Was it a mistake that was corrected?

Seconding/thirding/whatever for checking journal

Also, >Change into something more comfortable
Oh dang, I hope alice won't fall asleep under that blanket. She could end up in Lomam.

Edit:
>Derrick: get some orange juice so you don't end up falling asleep during the movie.
>Derrick: Hey, we should watch this movie Species. I heard it's a really great horror.

That way Alice will learn about the dangers of pregnancy and Derrick will have no trouble staying awake! ^^
>Any time the lighting is less than ideal, CHECK THE JOURNAL!
>Enjoy a nice movie with a not-so-nice person.
stream back up so come on over to watch IP draw his impression of Soulja Boy ^^ https://www.twitch.tv/intrepidpioneer
(05-31-2016, 08:46 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »>DerricK: Lucas may be acting strange, but he seems genuinely interested in your well-being. Maybe you should put his shifty behaviour aside and try to help him out a bit in return, even if it's just checking in on him from time to time. You can definitely tell something's eating-away at him.

I'll second this one. Also, gonna second checking the dream journal.

Hm...what if we had Derrick ask Alice some questions? Like "Dear *Sister*, would you ever betray me?", just to see what her reaction would be. Anyone think that would be a good idea?
\(0v0)/
(06-01-2016, 08:49 PM)lovelypenguin Wrote: »Hm...what if we had Derrick ask Alice some questions? Like "Dear *Sister*, would you ever betray me?", just to see what her reaction would be. Anyone think that would be a good idea?

I feel like, unless we come up with a reasonable excuse for asking her that out of the blue, she'd get suspicious...
>Derrick: "I've gotta go check my Dream Journal, you know how it is, Sis."