diet subforum ideas topic classic

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
diet subforum ideas topic classic
RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC
(01-05-2016, 06:23 AM)bigro Wrote: »are you implying to me in this here thread right here and now that a single person on this forum had respect for me? I doubt this

I enjoyed Nando Nandando and several other things so yes?
what if we all try to make something good come out of it rather than become part of the problem. see, i'm posting silly joke art in that thread. maybe the thread will be an exercise, so that people don't make a post-for-the-sake-of-post-count thread in the future? Like, i've seen examples in civilizations, and in religions with Trickster Figures, that have one person that does things against what the people have in mind, act foolish and criticize them constantly as an example of what not to do. (the criticizing part is actually a role filled by the Inktomi, trickster figure, but the other things they do are what Not to do.)
(01-05-2016, 06:25 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »what if we all try to make something good come out of it rather than become part of the problem. see, i'm posting silly joke art in that thread. maybe the thread will be an exercise, so that people in the future don't make a post-for-the-sake-of-post-count thread in the future?

Yeah, sure? I'm just registering my disliking the thread topic as bigro originally envisioned it. If it(/bigro) changes course as a result of the thread's shenanigans I'm fine with that - s'why I'm voting for the challenge dealie rather than demanding ~mod action~ through a separate vote or something.

That said I'm not sure how someone saying they don't like a thread or bringing it up in here is 'becoming part of the problem', can you clarify what you mean by that?

(mostly what is 'the problem' in that sentence supposed to be :B)
complaints without giving real suggestions on what else can be done or complaints unaccompanied by a vote on wheat's rollbackrider vv99 (or any other suggested idea) are Problems. b/c simply agreeing that what bigro is doing is wrong contributes nothing Edit: at this point, i must emphasize, it contributes nothing at this point
yes on vva9 and the other thing whatever the fuck, i think everyone thought they were voting yes and not voting to late vote yes anyway
I can always copy all the posts from today into a new thread so this one sinks back into the miasma?

In which case who would you want as OP
(01-05-2016, 06:36 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »complaints without giving real suggestions on what else can be done or complaints unaccompanied by a vote on wheat's rollbackrider vv99 (or any other suggested idea) are Problems. b/c simply agreeing that what bigro is doing is wrong contributes nothing Edit: at this point, i must emphasize, it contributes nothing at this point

Everyone that's registered a complaint has voted on Wheat's initiative though so...?

Also I respectfully disagree, this is supposed to be a peer-mediated forum section and people voicing their opinions on things is presumably(?) a part of that. I'd think it does contribute something.

Having a vote helps, but people shouldn't need to propose solutions to an issue they have just to point out they're having an issue.
i vote no on make a new topic as people will become active on this topic if there is an ongoing problem. Ongoing problems or persistent worry of a future problem are the only things that would drive some to become active on this topic. Maybe a quorum of between 4 and 8, 4 seems too small.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
(01-05-2016, 06:48 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »
(01-05-2016, 06:36 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »complaints without giving real suggestions on what else can be done or complaints unaccompanied by a vote on wheat's rollbackrider vv99 (or any other suggested idea) are Problems. b/c simply agreeing that what bigro is doing is wrong contributes nothing Edit: at this point, i must emphasize, it contributes nothing at this point

Everyone that's registered a complaint has voted on Wheat's initiative though so...?

Also I respectfully disagree, this is supposed to be a peer-mediated forum section and people voicing their opinions on things is presumably(?) a part of that. I'd think it does contribute something.

Having a vote helps, but people shouldn't need to propose solutions to an issue they have just to point out they're having an issue.

okay okay i concede that it matters whether or not people are bothered by bigro's thread in the first place. ex. i'm not bothered by it.

in fact

i don't know why i argued with you in the first place. Whoops.
Vote Yes on Make A New Topic

didn't realize they were separate votes now so woop
(01-05-2016, 06:48 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »as people will become active on this topic if there is an ongoing problem. Ongoing problems or persistent worry of a future problem are the only things that would drive some to become active on this topic. Maybe a quorum of between 4 and 8, 4 seems too small.

I uh don't want to argue with you anymore either (since it seems we agree on things anyway) but

I think the point of making a new topic is not because this one isn't used anymore but because it has a lot of baggage/old arguments in it that people don't want to see again every time this thread is used?

if you still disagree with the vote with that in mind that's fine, I'm just not following your reasoning as presented
yes on everything
the old arguments don't bother me, i guess i learn from them but if it bothers others i dont mind a new topic.

yes to new topic, quorum # to be disputed
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
Naturally, I Vote yes to a new thread for quorums/proposals/etc

Admins(maybe mods?) have a split threads feature which means we can carry on this discussion, just in a thread about five pages shorter and with about a fifth of the Bad Vibes.
Loather
the new thread should be called The Quorum Quorner
I was thinking a poop joke but I'm ok with alliteration as an alternative
Voting aye for Bigro's thing that has weird numbers and letters which I can't remember. Because it'll be hilarious to see them do their really hard thing to obtain the 4000 "bonus" posts... and then realise they had 4001 and lose it all.

Abstaining for the other one.
You must be registered to view this content.
I vote yes for the new thread and the ff98 challenges
Sig:
SpoilerShow
(01-05-2016, 06:23 AM)Mirdini, on Jan 5th Wrote: »Specific Rollback Rider VVa9 Vote Status

In Favor

Wheat (#139)
Schazer (#140)
Chwoka (#141)
ICan'tGiveCredit (#142)
Reyweld (#143)
Jacquerel (#149)
Kieros (#150)
Mirdini (#160)

That's 8 votes i.e. quorum, I guess we move to ~phase 2~

YES ON VVa9

In addition to the above quorumgoers who all voted In favour eventually:
Shredded voted in favour provided the nature of challenges is not settled until after Popping and Locking.

Yooo so as per our existing subforum laws, it's almost been a week since we reached quorum on SSR VVa9 aka "does Bigro have to earn his posts in that one thread."

We are also I guess for convenience's sake voting on whether to make a new thread to handle subforum lawlayery, to which Wheat proposed these rules:

(01-05-2016, 06:45 AM)Wheat Wrote: »a. Voting will be open for week from post, unless an option has <85% of a vote (of at least 7 votes) after a day, in which case QUICK MOVEMENT status will be bestowed upon it"
b. A mechanism will be designed so that, with a smaller 3 vote quorum, pharmdrugs may be authorized to move things from the active SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC into a designated dumping grounds thread. After Quorum is established, as long as no one has any good reason to oppose the thing being moved after a week of consideration, it'll be done.

(currently, voting will be open for a week, so we'll have to spend a week waiting)

Mirdini, Wheat, Chwoka, Schazer, and Reyweld vote In favour of a New Thread.
Credit votes In favour, provided quorum quantity is discussed (possibly to scale with the size of the userbase?)

The one-week deadline is still Duckreport four hours away Drudgerepond but this is how things are lined up now:
  • VVa9 will pass, with the following amendments that I assume will happen because nobody objected:
    • If bigro ends up not forcing a pop and lock, one may be forced after an unspecified period of inactivity. (The Gripes of Scrazth)
    • If anyone exceeds over 300 posts in bigro's thread, they are subject to the same process of judgement as bigro to keep those posts. (Bigro's Amendment)
  • A new thread will be created with the rules Wheat listed in that post I quoted earlier.
    • Possible amendment of necessary quorum to be discussed
    • (Personal addition by me because I dunno what people's thoughts are on it) Posts are snipped out of this bad thread and transferred to the new one, for archival purposes and also so this one sinks into the threadmire
Why don't you just like, reset Bigro's post count to 0.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
fwiw, i'm mostly just in favor of forum tribal challenges.

also i'd like to go on record as being in favor of credit's quorum quorner quantity quracked quorn amendment
Can we make the new thread already and stop arguing in here? Seeing as we are pretty set on doing so

If we absolutely gotta we can Nomic it up and make Hawkspace Officially Intolerable
i'm in favor of all things being voted on including any possible contradictions