We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
Yeah that was kinda disappointing.

Also Shigeru Miyamoto is fucking adorable and i wish he became immortal.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I replayed Ghost Trick to check if it was still really, really good.

I can confirm that it is still really, really good.
I am playing DARK SOULS.
I have just defeated GRAVELORD NITO.
More like scrublord nito
Today is a sad day.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
*slams fists on desk* Skyforge is great and open beta hits onna 16th and everyone's going to hate it because of deliberate design decisions and I love it and you all should try it if and when you get the chance

I might have more coherent thoughts later but It's Complicated
im sorry im too busy playing ffxiv nottles
mmmmmnnnnnnnwell I figured you'd be busy yeah; fear they that have enough time to play more than one mmo

but other people need to get mad at badly voice-acted technolympus and the weekly resource caps that keep you from actually filling out your entire development tree in less than a month so I can tell them their opinion is theirs to hold but also wrong

Wha's FF14 like, anyway
its the first mmo ive ever played for real and i have over a hundred hours on it in the like, month and a bit that ive been playing it which is more than almost any other video game ive ever played probably

the systems inside of it are good and mostly fun, crafting and gathering are set up the same way as battles, with various skills and a pool of mp to do those skills with and with mostly clear lines for what sorts of classes need what, but they are all ignorable in that the game literally hands you the gear you need as the main plot goes on and you can almost always buy it if you dont want to get drops from dungeons

on that note, dungeons are fun, they are so fun, they are designed well and are mostly very clear on what you need to do which is good because typing and doing other things is hard. of course, the issue here is that a lot of people suck and will hate you for tanking badly even if it maybe isnt your fault lmao

trials are the best thing, just a straight up boss fight against what would in the other game be a summon, ifrift, titan, leviathan, all the world warriors are here and awaiting you to beat him up to the sickest music ever

while im on aesthetics, in addition to music the game looks pretty great even on my shitty ass settings that just barely are powerful enough to run the game

classes, heres how classes in this game work, you walk up to a guy and tell him that you want to be a conjuror, the pre-white mage class, he hands you a stick and says "welcome", thats it, you dont even have to do the class quests every five levels (but you should because you get cool skills and also because the plots are really cool, my favorite one right now is the one for thermatuge (proto black mage) where the guildleaders are some lalafels (the cute potato hobbit dwarves) and they have a younger brother who cant do mage like them and then you fight dio

jobs (paladin, black mage, white mage, etc) have more work into them, you need to be level 30 in one class and 15 in another, but its obs worth it because of the big stat boost and also because you keep leveling in the level 30 class while as that job, you lose no exp being a job class, you just hold a rock and now you are even stronger

the game is mostly fun in tone and funny, one of the recent quests i did had its description as "x would like to ensure that you are not a complete fraud", you have a big party in which you eat something and learn the secrets of the universe, the empire consists of a bunch of tokusatsu villains, so far it is like the best final fantasy game ive played in a while but that might just be because the last one i played was 13. you have to dance for some of the cutest little sylphs ever and then your allies completely ruin your negotiations so you have to start from scratch. the side quests are good and fun and varied, although ofc there are a lot of "go kill this thing, thanks"

there is this thing in the game, retainers, they are like servants you can hire to do things like hold more of your stuff, sell your stuff, or go hunt for stuff. they are all cute and subject to the same level of customization as your character, which HONESTLY isnt /that much/ it isnt sliders and most of the uniqueness is in colors but it is still enough to make things that i feel are correct and it was enough to make Rel'a Mpago, my raiden styled hotboy catboy who joined the friend company with the tag of Sek-C and whos guildmaster is a hot demon dragon guy who's level 60 dark knight gear is underwear

the gold saucer is cute as are a lot of things in this game like minions, little pets you can buy or get in game (ive considered buying some on the shop because they have The Best Characters there) and it isnt perfect by any means theres a lot of small things that nag at me like how if i didnt have the phone app i would be at a loss about what is something i can buy off the market board and what i can buy off of npc's or drops from mobs or even where these things are (theres no beastairy???? theres no beastairy in this game!!!), other people are terrible and demotivating obvs, fighting can be a bit slow at times but dungeons and hunting logs move fast enough, theres A Lot in the game and it is fun but it is going to take me so long to get to the end of the plot lmao

uhhhhhhhhhhh i think thats it? i love it, i love it a lot and want to play it for the foreseeable future and on that note maitenence ended while i was typing this so bye
Dang yeah okay that does sound pretty good
I just realized that, since Skyforge has first and last names, you could name yourself John Darksouls
Hooked on Mount & Blade Warband, bought it less than a year ago and have 700 hours on it....
No matter what happens today, you can laugh about it tomorrow
Play this here vidya. It's a nifty little indie roguelike where you make pacts with monsters to summon them: as opposed to most roguelikes where it's just you (or if you are a summoner, your summons are temporary), your allies are persistent and integral. It's Roguemon, if you will. Your character's stats are going to always be roughly equivalent to the enemies', so you can't just steamroll, and have to wisely recruit, manage, and rotate your team. I really like it!

e: oh, also, the enemies are all based on mythology and folklore, and aren't just the same ones in every game. I haven't heard of like 60% of them, which is really cool.
What would your recommended builds/starting demons be? I've found the Ice fish's a solid choice but still haven't found a good build that gives me useful abilities without the type weaknesses.
You will always have a type weaknesses that bites your butt eventually, unfortunately. I try to avoid fire specifically because lots of early serious threats are fireful, and an electricity weakness can make an unfortunate run-in with a raicho gang fatal. My winning run was mind primary (which gives an ice weakness for some reason, but only echeneis packs ice early and they're tankier than they are dangerous) with debuff secondary, but I've also had very good success with fire/ice, healing/light or dark, and dark/fire.

As for starter monsters, raicho is very high-risk/reward, as they can pulverize a lot of early enemies with their 150% base speed and very high accuracy and dodge rates, but they're super fragile and have lots of weaknesses. Only take one if you have good healing or very good offense to melt enemies before they can touch your sweet thunder birb. Unlike most monsters, I keep raichos unsummoned most of the time until they get some ranged attacks (even when they're my only monster), since they'll otherwise run ahead of you when they see a monster and get themselves killed; only bring them out when you're on top of the threat or a few tiles away. Will-o-wisp is a surprisingly solid choice, as their kit synergizes excellently with itself, making them a consistent damage dealer that's surprisingly hard to kill with their useful resistances and consistent evasion. Echeneis isn't bad either and will let you snag an earlier malingee than most starters. If you're a good damage dealer yourself, faerie is a good choice that will keep you in fights, but I've found my best runs as a support caster rather than a frontliner. If you do go offense-focused (and have good range), though, a gandayah start or an early grab of one will make you pretty lethal since you'll be able to kill things from a distance while it constantly replenishes your SP, and later gives you extra casts once you learn Tireless from it.

Slimes and malingees die too easily on their own, zombies and goblins struggle to contribute meaningfully as a starter, huo shus are poorly statted and don't have much worth learning, and red caps and freybugs are easily obtained very early if you want them.
Anyone else playing Hearthstone? It's a digital card game by blizzard that I got hooked on. It's digital, so you never lose your cards, and plus it has all sorts of nifty random effects that you'll never get in a traditional MAGIC game (like adding a random card to your hand)
No matter what happens today, you can laugh about it tomorrow
No, I don't play Hearthstone.

And this isn't my favourite gimmick deck Melonspa
[Image: bsd4Gq8.png]

I also run a Murloc shaman.

I like Shaman oka
[Image: 76561197978639938.png]
I appreciate Hearthstone in that I like the tone and the style and pretty much everything except the obscenely overpriced monetisation, but I don't actually enjoy playing it very much
Try elements, which is free to play (and playable in browser!!!)!!! It is a card game similar to magic, but different! Tree #2 plays this game, and so should you!!!!!!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I can confirm that multiple other people on this forum play Hearthstone
Hello, everyone. I am of the opinion that anyone who has the good taste to sign up on these forums is the kind of person it'd be a lot of fun to play Monster Hunter 4 with, and anyone who thinks they might feel the same about me should do something Nintendo-related with the numbers 0189-9884-3078.
Well, If any of you fine folks want to drown beneath the tides of my hilariously bad pay2win decks my battletag is Flyingphish#1322
[Image: 76561197978639938.png]
One of my friends has been talking about Life is Strange a lot lately and her mentioning how terrible the dialogue is (in terms of all the Hip Teen Slang it includes) convinced me to buy it? I had to leave at least a week between playing the first and second episodes because they were interesting but kinda frustrating, but i just played eps 3 & 4 and they're really, really good. The slang is still absolutely hopeless but its pretty funny as a result?

Is anyone else playing shitlord teens talking about vaping sim
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
You should play Undertale-oh who am I kidding you're all playing Undertale right now aren't you?
I may or may not have finished playing Undertale depending on how whether or not I'm up for doing horrible things.
im still in final fantasy xiv hell but now im doing the plot at a super pace because i want to like, get to the expansion i paid for at some point before november, when they release More New Content

ive also played picross and plague knights campaign in shovel knight and my only complaint from spoilers is that it would be really nice if spectre knight and fucking king knight dont have love interest npcs, i think it is fine for plague knight because theres a Notable Character that fits but i really want to see them tell another story lmao