Webcomic Deer Rectory

Webcomic Deer Rectory
RE: Webcomic Deer Rectory
I still want to know what A. Carver is DOING here in the first place. I can only suspect he is up to no good; beyond being a horrible dad and strict teacher
~◕ w◕~
I'm with Lankie in that there's definitely something off about this but i don't think Tom would do something as cheap as pulling the "it was a dream all along!" cliché.

I want to see all the other adults gang up on him and tell him how terrible he is, specifically Renard, whom i've grown to like after he stopped being Card Captor Sakura's pet.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I think Anthony should fight Ysengrim in the Dad Arena
anthony gets mauled by annies dog dag crew

"your playthroughts of bioshock infinite wont save you now carver"
That sounds good.

I never knew how much i cared about fictional characters, this is making me feel genuinely anxious.
This storyline is kind of starting to wear thin tbh

i would have expected Annie to have stormed off into the forest by now
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
at least now when the next page is "also, your stupid dog has made me look bad by going from trying to kill you, to being a good parent substitute, a direct contrast to me, hes banned" there cant be anything else anthony carver can say before dog mauling time right

alternatively, this conversation ends and then anthony gets busted by the feds for something unrelated and all of these pages were worthless
Anthony's sattelite suddenly and catastrophically falls from the sky and lands on him
mr. carver: hello, my name is abusive mc bad dad and i'm here to tell you to stop having fun
antimony: aw shucks :<
~◕ w◕~
someone please post a picture of anthony with that one dril tweet that says "blocked. blocked. blocked. youre all blocked. none of you are free of sin", thanks in advance
[Image: blocked.png]
~◕ w◕~
bravo
(04-03-2015, 08:33 PM)Whimbrel Wrote: »[Image: blocked.png]

Unfriending all of your worst enemies on facebook today would be so ironic
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
(04-03-2015, 09:03 PM)Jacquerel Wrote: »bravo

encore
Yeah alright this isn't real.

Tom has a sense of humor but i distinctly remember he stopped writing comments below the pages when the kid who burned his house sequence was going on and he later said something like "page comments will come back after we stop talking about dead people, come on" so he obviously will stop making jokes when something serious is happening; shit's been getting real the whole chapter and he hasn't stopped yappering the entire time.
the thing is, if this isnt real, then what was the point? its some homestuck level of emotional stringing along for a rug pull for no reason

"its not real" is different from "it wont stick" which is where we're going unless annies going to stop being the main character
honestly I'm just looking forward to the fight between anthony and annie's 3-4 other dads

e: maybe 5 dads? i forget
Tom has clearly had some complaints based on his latest string of tweets

He apparently wants us to feel mad/frustrated, but doesn't seem to realise that that's really not a fun position to be in for 2+ weeks
its like, obviously we dont know how this is going to end, but i feel like two weeks of slowly dismantling annies life while also closing in closer and closer to anthony's face is a pretty excessive and unnecessary way to say, "kat knows annies cheating" and "anthony is a dick", because other than that i dont know whats going to be gained here

like, i guess if something happens with renard thats a third thing but thats still a whole months worth of comics that could have been cut or at the very least made more interesting than "look at anothony carvers wrinkled ass face, each wrinkle represents one of his sins"
the same sad thing happening repeatedly with minor variation with the same people in the same room for several weeks doesn't make for riveting entertainment
when does Tom kill Rose and Kanaya though
This reminds me of the Jones backstory chapter. Remember how many times we were told "Jones is pretty old, guys".
at least that was pretty to look at
(04-06-2015, 11:28 PM)Sanzh Wrote: »when does Tom kill Rose and Kanaya though

after anthony visits the afterlife to make sure mort dies again again
The Jones being old as balls sequence was really nice? It was just sort of a slow, chill look through what she'd been doing over the years and really underlined how old she is

Whereas this crossed the wow this guy is a total scumbag line a while back and is now just an exercise in frustration and lack of agency by the main character. It'll be less frustrating to read in the archive, but ugh, did we really need this unsubtle Everything Anthony Does Is Terrible bomb all in one go?
In contrast to the Jones chapter, which was about steadily establishing that Jones has been around since the Literal Beginning Of Earth, this is a complete deconstruction of all the excuses Annie's made for Bad Dad Carver. It's been a similar steadily-escalating series of outrages and I'm pretty sure people were griping about the pacing of that too.

I will agree this is strongly archive-reader oriented, and without nice art to make up for it at that, though