Durr`N`Durr

Durr`N`Durr
Durr`N`Durr
[Image: S4UpyFc.png]
RE: Durr`N`Durr
Joop Duf`s
Knave LVL 1
[someone else fill in background] edit: Joop is a shifty con-man who usually resides around the slums of the city. Their day job is being a cashier. One who steals from the register during and after the shift. Somehow, they haven't been caught, ever. Somehow, they haven't dabbled in the mafia either.
Literal Anthropomorphic Goldfinch, birdy face & all.
chaotic neutral
EGGS AND UPGRADED EGGSShow

[Image: neocities%20button%20lol.png]

[Image: 47325.png]
(03-20-2019, 07:04 PM)Numbers Wrote: »Joop Duf`s
Knave LVL 1
[someone else fill in background]
Literal Anthropomorphic Goldfinch, birdy face & all.
chaotic neutral
this but class 0f h0lyknight level 5 (if they had magic theyd be a paladin but alas the have n0 magical capabilities. wither that 0r they havnt been trained)
and alighnment lawful nuetral (m0re 0f the always f0ll0ws the lws even if it is s0mething requiring justice)
Background: Born into a middle class religious family, trained and became a holy knight, but unlike most sterotypical "Become a knight" things, they maintained good communications with their family.

Egg It hatched.Show
I'm Joop Dufs, a Roguish Swashbuckling Aarakocran Knight of the Order.

[Image: fcC5LMI.png]

That's... not entirely right.

[Image: zHCMWPO.png]

Definitely nope.

[Image: xO7foB2.png]

Sure. That looks right.

[Image: rqZYjae.png]

I remember that my Racial bonuses gave me a +2 to Dexterity and a +1 to Wisdom. I am proficient with Light armor, Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords, my trusty set of Thieves’ tools, Deception and Insight. I have Expertise in Stealth and Slight of Hand, and being a Knight of the Order has made me proficient with Persuasion and Religion. But what were my stats again? I remember that I had, before Racial bonuses:

A 17, two 16s, a 15, an 11, and a 6.

SpoilerShow
11 STR 18 DEX 15 CON 6 INT 17 WIS and 17 CHA.
carrot cake
>Fudge the numbers a little and give yourself 20's across the board.
(03-21-2019, 02:54 AM)mintyfreshdepression Wrote: »11 STR 18 DEX 15 CON 6 INT 17 WIS and 17 CHA.

2nding.

18 STR 6 DEX 17 CON 15 INT 17 WIS and 18 CHA.
A charismatic gentle giant build.
[Image: TXHW9BJ.png][Image: AsSco3F.png]
[Image: uiJkKGU.png]
[Image: 8mnYv5z.png]

SpoilerShow

The sun crests over one of the many peaks of the great Titanspine, a mountain range that nearly spans the whole of Rafrens. It is soon to be mid-morning on an early Spring day. The sounds of exertions, steel on wood, and life in action resound from a small keep nestled into a wooded valley. This is Northbark Bulwark. Your home for these past 5 cycles.

After your coming of age celebration in your third cycle and spending another one preparing yourself, you left your home of Stoyostead to pursue your long-held dream of becoming a Knight of the Exalted Peaks, despite the many protests of your friends and family. While never the brightest candle in the batch, or so you were always told by others, your physical deftness and quickness of wit were always far above average. It is these strengths, alongside your fierce determination to be true to yourself, that have allowed you to progress this far into your training where others stronger and smarter have failed.

Your early morning sparring matches have just concluded and you find yourself free of care and time. You are Joop Dufs, roguish and rakish Knight-in-training for the Order of the Exalted Peaks. You have the rest of the day ahead of you, what do you do?
>New Mission: Acquire Awesome-Cool hat.
Seconded. Can't expect to be taken seriously as an adventurer or knight-aspirant without a good hat.
Thirded. Hats command respect[Citation Needed], which is good to have.

Having nothing to do but let your mind wander, you have that familiar, though oft sudden, compulsion to seek out the fanciest of hats. You remember the fanciest hat you've ever seen, though it wasn't really a hat, per se. A blue-and-yellow headpiece adorned with long flowy feathers and a shawl-like cascade of fabric of the same color that was placed atop a biscu bassi bascinet. You think you remember this being called an orle.

[Image: JcHHBv6.png]

This particular piece of headwear you remember belongs to the Grand Collar of your order. That is to say, the 'grand poobah' who runs the whole thing. You've not seen them in awhile, since they operate out of your order's main headquarters, the Crowncrest Stronghold, further down the Titanspine but you still remember their headwear quite often. They're not due for a visit for a number of months still, you think.

Your own Knight Commander, who is in charge of the defense of the Bulwark and the surrounding region, is a practical sort who doesn't usually wear such finery, even when it would otherwise be required of them. In fact, you can't think of anyone at the Bulwark in particular who shares your interest in such fanciful costume. Maybe it is just your Aarakocra nature to be drawn to bright and colorful things. Though if anyone else said that, you'd be in the right to point out that that is a borderline racist statement.

Tomorrow is a rest day though, so you could perhaps take a coach into town to try to find a nice hat shop. You think those are called either a humperdouchery or maybe a mollinery. The former is more for male clothing and accessory while the latter specializes in the designing and manufacturing of hats specifically. You have 1 platinum piece, 3 gold, 4 silver, and 8 copper pieces saved up still. You could afford to spend up to, probably, 5 gold or so and still have enough money for the rest of the month but only because living here at the barracks provides for most of your living expenses.

Alternatively, you could try to rummage through the keep's storehouses for spare fabric and/or possibly go out into the surrounding forests to find materials so you can attempt to craft your own hat. The first is risky as could get you reprimanded, at best, if caught. The second is slightly less so but still a bit risky, as you might encounter some nasty creatures which might be difficult to handle alone. You could always try to invite someone along, but then they'd ask questions like 'why' and 'how' and 'are you stupid'.

Alternatively alternatively, you could find something else to distract you or to do with your time.

Hmmm. Decisions...

ContextShow
We are literally built for iffy rummagery. We could probably do it.
Though because of our INT, we might not be able to actually make a hat. At all.

>Find someone to do a quest for, then DEMAND that the reward be a hat.