I Like Rocks (previously "To the cottage!")

Poll: Do you like rocks? Because I like rocks.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
They're pretty cool.
17.65%
3 17.65%
YES.
17.65%
3 17.65%
*small explosion of excitement*
41.18%
7 41.18%
I have no eyes.
23.53%
4 23.53%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm going to be going to a cottage with my extended family, as I annually do!

So, no Eagle Time visits from me from the 1st to the 8th (?).

However, rocks! Rocks! Expect pictures of rocks, new old and old old! Despite how I try to limit myself, I always end up returning with some of the gorgeous rocks that surround the area. Most look best when a bit wet (it brings out their colours).

Last year I found little garnets and quartz, plus many others.

Anyways, this thread will act as a delayed log containing the finer points of my vacation (which will appear afterwards of course).

Farewell, Eagle Time.

Hello cottage!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: To the cottage!
msg me on LoL, my username is IThroRockz@Kidz. very interested in your rock collection
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
I'm back
Sig:
SpoilerShow
How was your trip?
It was good, but I'm very tired as a result

rocks will appear later, but soon
Sig:
SpoilerShow
did you bring ragnarok? Did rocks fall from the sky? Did your basecamp ascend to Valhalla as you bravely fought those rocks?

that vacation had better put some rocks on your chest.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
Bad news: I couldn't find my camera to snap some good pictures.

So, I'm just going to describe them!

ROCK 1 - Retrieved in Summer of 2017. A flat, rectangular rock. It is black like wet pavement, and dotted with tiny spots of creamy white rock. It has a layer of maroon red in between two layers of the previously described black.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
ROCK 2 - Retrieved (admittedly from my garden) in the Summer of 2017. A smooth cubish rock. It is greyish tan in colour, with an orange stripe passing through it diagonally. Potential candidate for polishing.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
ROCK 3 - Retrieved in the Summer of 2017. A small, triangular lump of a rock. It is translucent green, with a deposit of orange minerals in the bottom.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: I Like Rocks (previously "To the cottage!")
ROCK 4 - Retrieved in the Summer of 2017. An oval of rock. It is brown, with a high density of reflective golden grains embedded within.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
ROCK 5 - Retrieved in the Summer of 2017. A large rock (half a fist size) in the shape of a cornucopia. It has thick white and red stripes and a brown end, making it look like a coy fish!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
ROCK 6 - Retrieved in the Summer of 2017. A rounded cube of a rock. Unremarkably grey when dry, but a greyish orange when wet, with revealed black lines and scratches.

Note: I wet most of the rocks before describing them, as it reveals hidden colours and details, smothing out imperfections and overall making it look nicer.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
These are some very good rocks, thank you for sharing