Colorling - The Wheel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorling - The Wheel
Colorling - The Wheel
Your eyelids are dragged open by the blinding sun, as you awake from what felt like an eternal slumber. You are in a room you have no recollection of, wearing clothes that feel like sandpaper on your cold body.

Speaking of the cold, it's quite chilly. You should probably find some sort of warmth, but at the moment you can't see much. The sunlight only pierces the curtains a crack, and it is barely enough to see anything more than the vaguest details.

You feel something particularly heavy lying against your chest, and, pulling it out, you find it to be a small stone slab, with a wheel of shining colors inscribed on it.

They seem to invoke a particular emotion in you when you look at them, and you notice yourself heating up when you look at the red, or cooling when you see the faint blue. The yellow inspires a feeling of hope within you, while the purple makes you feel rather pessimistic. Likewise, the green calms you down, feeling at one with the world, and the pink urges you to burst out the door and find the nearest person to embrace.

All these emotions get a little disconcerting, so you put away the slab for now. In the meantime, a way to warm up without becoming horribly angry would be handy.

((Investigate bolded objects or observations for more info.))
i'm a rad teen, confirmed good dog, and i try to do things sometimes.
SpoilerShow
RE: Colorling - The Wheel
>investigate the room
> Examine clothes. How inadequate are they vs Cold?
> Examine room.
>Pour yourself a cup of coffee, you need a pick-me-up.
>open those curtains!
(06-13-2017, 07:26 AM)Tuesday Wrote: »>investigate the room

(06-13-2017, 10:41 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »> Examine room.

You decide to examine the room surrounding you, and just why you can't remember how you got here. Aside from the ragged bed, you can only just make out a short wooden dresser underneath the curtains, while the sunbeam shines on the wooden board flooring. There seems to be a massive space underneath you, as your steps make a large echo when you stand. You cautiously step around, and it seems safe if a little eerie. The dresser contains a blank piece of paper, along with some proper clothes.

(06-13-2017, 07:27 AM)NotABear Wrote: »> Examine clothes. How inadequate are they vs Cold?

You examine your current attire, and notice that it is little more than rags tied together, horribly ineffective against the cold. You decide to switch out of them into the new clothes, which puts you in a much warmer outfit of winter jacket, shirt, shorts and long underwear. It all seems to be in the same, plain gray color, which makes you feel rather bored. You are however, much warmer.

(06-13-2017, 06:48 PM)typeandkey Wrote: »>Pour yourself a cup of coffee, you need a pick-me-up.

If only. You wistfully sigh at the thought of some hot coffee, but then remember your priorities. First, memories. Then, coffee.

(06-13-2017, 07:03 PM)CeruleanSky Wrote: »>open those curtains!

Finally, you pull open the curtains as dramatically as possible. The sun shines incredibly brightly, and while it is not blinding, you cannot see what outside looks like. The room, when illuminated, appears to have a series of notes pinned to the wall, with two doorways leading off into separate rooms. This room is surprisingly sparse. But, you also manage to find a backpack on the bed, although you cannot seem to open the latch.

It is locked with a dazzling silver padlock, one that resembles a piece of jewelry, and has no keyhole. The only thing on the lock is a color wheel, much like the one on the stone slab, which you feel vibrating in your pant pocket.
SpoilerShow
Answer the vibrating stone slab like it was a phone, ask it for it's secrets.
>Hit the slab be like "no bAD"
SpoilerShow
> Read notes, maybe retrieve that blank sheet of paper?
(06-14-2017, 06:26 AM)NotABear Wrote: »Answer the vibrating stone slab like it was a phone, ask it for it's secrets.

You hold the slab up to your ear, and... it feels oddly warm and cold, at the same time? It doesn't seem to answer your request for secrets, but the contact with your body seems to make it vibrate more intensely. It soon becomes uncomfortable, and you remove it from your ear.

(06-14-2017, 12:45 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »> Read notes, maybe retrieve that blank sheet of paper?

You investigate the notes on the wall in the newfound light, and they each seem to be sparse on letters, but there are quite a few.

There are 6 notes, and from left to right they read:
"What happened?! How could you do this?!"
"I'm sorry, truly, but cheer up! There is nothing wrong with this."
"...You're right. I should calm down. I will be at peace with this."
"Yes. After all, it is pointless. There is nothing to be done about this."
"I guess you're right. Why should I even care? There will be no good to come from this."
"Oh, come on... Look, things are already getting better! There is no way this could go wrong."

Mysterious. However, they don't really help you in your current predicament, so the notes seem mostly irrelevant for now. You do, however, grab the piece of paper. Maybe it'll be useful?

(06-14-2017, 10:03 AM)Myeth Wrote: »>Hit the slab be like "no bAD"

You pull the slab out, and slap it to get it to stop vibrating.

You're momentarily blinded when the stone explodes into light, and you drop it to the ground. As you regain your sight, the room appears to have stopped moving. You can only tell this, because the stone slab seems to have imploded, leaving a gaping hole in the floor, which not even the boards are falling through. In it's place, a mysterious holographic display is shown. It appears to be a wheel of colors, much like the one on the stone slab in the first place. You approach it, and the emotions you felt earlier are much more intense now. In your heated state, you walk through the color wheel, and it glitches for a moment, before disappearing entirely. Time returns, and with that... you feel the boards failing to stay up with you on them, and you are too slow to react.

Soon, you are

f
---a
------l
---------l
------------i
---------------n
------------------g down,

deep,

deep into the earth.

You awaken once more, this time on a bed of hay. You are miles deep underground, and you can no longer see the light of the sun from above. You can only see from the light of the lit braziers around you. They light the way to a path deeper into this cavern, but you can also see more notes, along with a stain of red on the ground.
SpoilerShow
See if these notes ALSO have letters colored in that spell out colors. Maybe it's a code!
Uh check if that red is blood
> Check the red
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙