Bloom (test run thing)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloom (test run thing)
RE: Bloom (test run thing)
SpoilerShow

[Image: 008.png?dl=0]

MARTA
_____Of course, Madame! It's what I'm here for.
_____I'm glad to be of help. T-to be honest, I...

Marta chuckles shyly.

MARTA
_____I worried that I might not be much use, outside the usual temple-like duties.

MAGNOLIA
_____Please, don't. Your enthusiasm is valuable enough.

Despite yourself, you blush in delight. No-one's shown pleasure in your interests before! You may be poor at socializing for its own sake, but when your hobbies are involved, you're quite passionate.

The lift shudders to a stop on the main floor. You precede Marta into the foyer and find it empty, save for you. That's strange. When the Head Oracle leaves the temple, her retinue waits altogether. As her protege, should it not be the same for you?

You frown to yourself.

MARTA
_____... Is something wrong, Madame? You look puzzled.

Will you voice your thoughts, or let it go?

>_

StatusShow
Relationship TrackerShow
> Let it go.
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
> Mention it, offhandedly. Maybe she'd know something.
>Voice your displeasure openly, perhaps a bit too strongly. Your assistant might start thinking you have a bit of an ego, maybe you do.
> Voice your thoughts. If it happens that something is wrong then it's best not to just ignore it.
SpoilerShow

[Image: 009.png?dl=0]

You turn, unimpressed, to Marta.

MAGNOLIA
_____Where's the rest of my retinue?

She blinks, taken aback by your forwardness.

MARTA
_____I'm sorry?

MAGNOLIA
_____A full-fledged Oracle usually leaves the premises with her followers assembled.
_____Miss Ereth should be present.

MARTA
_____Oh... we're sorry to have offended you, Madame. I'm sure she's simply waiting in the coach.

Silence descends upon you like a blanket woven from actual, legitimate awkwardness made manifest.

** Marta's opinion of you has soured slightly. **

You head outside. Indeed, there's a vehicle waiting to receive you just beyond the temple grounds. Miss Ereth is nowhere in sight, though the driver has the grace to wait in plain view.

You precede Marta down the stone path leading to the road. The young women minding them bow and bid you well before unlatching the wrought-iron gate.

DRIVER
_____This way, Madame Oracle.

You acknowledge the driver with a nod and pick a door...

Will you sit with Marta, Miss Ereth, or beside the driver and nap through the ride?

>_

StatusShow
Relationship TrackerShow
If Marta is still with you, try to smooth things over by thanking her (at least) for accompanying you... so she knows she did nothing wrong. And maybe mention that you very much look forward to working with her.

Then excuse yourself to check on Allyn. Remember, she's the soon-to-be-former Oracle's relative, and is scoping you out... so be ready for that. Also, try your best not to kick off the conversation with "Where were you". Be polite, but don't let her absence slide either.

You're going to be a leader, now, and your reputation is important. If her absence was an intentional slight against you... you can't let yourself be seen as too soft!
>Your budding association with Marta could use a bit more attention. Sit next to her. Maybe try more conversation topics: the weather, favorite brands of silverware, and why cats always seem to land on their feet. Black magic or what?
>Marta
Sig:
SpoilerShow