Void Girl Chat 'n' Stuff

Void Girl Chat 'n' Stuff
Void Girl Chat 'n' Stuff
Void Girl

Void Girl is a forum adventure starring an aspiring Warp Mage who may someday rule over multiple planes of reality! I update several times a week, usually with pictures but sometimes without, depending on my schedule's chaos level.

Void Girl is all about the audience participation. Readers supply dialogue, motivations, and actions for the titular void girl's companion to influence the story and characters. Posts on the main thread that aren't directed at me are assumed to be in-character.

This thread is for speculation, Q&A, and general Void Girl chattery that you don't want influencing the main thread. No crazy revelations have happened yet, but when they do, please tag your spoilers!

So, that's that. Feel free to talk to me/among yourselves 'bout all things Void Girl!
RE: Void Girl Chat 'n' Stuff
Yay! Now we can argue whether to be an violent nutter or a respectable being. Happymelon
Don't look at me. I'm just as confused by the bear as you people are...
what's going to happen to the title once the girl is out of the titular void
(04-23-2017, 12:24 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »what's going to happen to the title once the girl is out of the titular void

also dead by our/antler's hands'
(04-23-2017, 12:24 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »what's going to happen to the title once the girl is out of the titular void

you can take the girl out of the void
but you can't take the void out of the girl
I like the drawing style, the current one maybe a little bit more than the early one, but the changes haven't been drastic enough to be jarring. Geri and Antlers have nicely established personalities, and Genos is what it is :)

What I'd like to see is faster pacing. We spend quite a lot of time talking about doing things instead actually doing them in updates.

Overall this is a nice adventure, keep up the good work!
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
(04-23-2017, 03:44 AM)tronn Wrote: »What I'd like to see is faster pacing. We spend quite a lot of time talking about doing things instead actually doing them in updates.

Overall this is a nice adventure, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I defs see where you're coming from re: the pacing. I sort of got us stuck in a scene where there's literally nothing to do but talk, so. :'D There'll be much more to interact with in the coming updates, so I hope the pace picks up then. :>
(04-22-2017, 11:56 PM)infuriatingCrimson Wrote: »Yay! Now we can argue whether to be an violent nutter or a respectable being. Happymelon

Well, so far anything we have ever done successfully has been part of being respectable. The violent nutter just wastes time.
Antlers is probably the most forgiving character re: Geno's complete lack of consideration you'll encounter in awhile. Just saiyan.
Unless violence becomes established as the only way we go about things, we'll probably calm down as we figure out what the story wants from us.

You mentioned somewhere that this is your first adventure where you weren't pretending to be a point and click RPG. Where can we find that?
Nowhere, sadly -- I never bothered backup images back in the good old days of 2012.

Also, I'm not necessarily discouraging impolite behavior from Geno! :D thought you'd like to be mindful of any consequences 'violent nutter' mode might have, though. Haha.
It does feel a little unfair that you made reveal an offensive move right before you had Geno attack Antlers, though. : p
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
Haha, I see where you're coming from. I admit it's a somewhat ham-fisted tutorial, but we'll be out of 'stand around bugging a deer' land very soon.
So, Geri's in full colour. And also antlers is starting to look a lot more evil.
Thoughts? I'm very interested in the primarch line.
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
(04-29-2017, 08:20 PM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: »So, Geri's in full colour. And also antlers is starting to look a lot more evil.
Thoughts? I'm very interested in the primarch line.

I'd say that Primarch line means that Antlers knows who Geri is.

I'm not sure that color is cause for alarm exactly. The color might just be because she is the only thing with a significant amount of mana that we've seen (other than antlers) so far. She definitely has more mana than before, though; her horns are longer. Back near the beginning she mentioned that her horns were short because of the lack of mana in the air.
Anyone have an idea what Aether conducts?

The irl version is what was thought to be the medium that light moves through, to explain how it was possible for it to go through a vacuum. Probably it's for magic in the setting, though.

Perhaps it conducts movement spells?
Okay, popping in briefly here!
SpoilerShow
I don't want it. Speculation is just too much fun to read. Knowing the answer to the question i just asked Geri is about where I would stop, but I managed to find an in character way to say it.

EDIT: not that i'm against dialog with authors or anything.
Can we talk about Primarch Keeps Breaking Things here too, considering they share a universe? I'm still not entirely sure about what Render's Eggs are.

My Thoughts:
When render eggs were introduced, it was mentioned that they are rare "unless someone cheats and tweaks the world seed." This is a rather video game-like statement about what they consider reality and implies the various worlds are somehow artificially generated. "Rendering" in the context of video games is the process of drawing the 3D game world for the player to see. As such "Render's Egg" seems like it might somehow contain information either of what to "display" or how to "display" things. It could be something used in creating new worlds, or something to contain code relevant to the current world.
Sure, feel free to discuss both here. :>

Reminder that anything made up by a suggestor in TPKBT isn't planned to influence VG in any significant ways... But I won't necessarily ignore suggestions that reference concepts from TPKBT y'all inspired.

TPKBT is much more improvised than VG. I run with your shenanigans. :'D
What's been your favourite suggestions so far in either/both, Tuesday? Question also goes out to anybody else as well.

You've made a metric ton of adventures, like wow. Are you planning on keeping up with all of them or are you just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks?

Also how is sexuality considered in the Void Girl universe? Do gay people exist?

(06-12-2017, 10:00 AM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: »You've made a metric ton of adventures, like wow. Are you planning on keeping up with all of them or are you just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks?

Also how is sexuality considered in the Void Girl universe? Do gay people exist?

There are only two adventures I won't update regularly, but I intend to cycle through most of my threads! Part of the reason I have so many is because I like to always be doing something, and since each adventure has different art/prose requirements... A metric ton of threads means there's always something I'm in the mood for. :)

As for gay people--yes, they're a thing. Gay culture as we know it isn't, but heterosexuality isn't always assumed either. Aedan and sister-Elana have two mothers, for example, and sister-Elana's ex is genderless!
Tuesday your adventure is too cute!

Go to jail.