Weird Hobby Thread!

Weird Hobby Thread!
Weird Hobby Thread!
A thread to talk about weirder hobbies! Most of us like to write and draw and whatnot- but there's other stuff too! (And maybe you'll find something else that you're into while browsing!)

My weirder hobby is that I really like collecting dolls. Like I love dolls a lot (sob). There's only about three or four in my collection right now but they're all dolls with nice articulation, really quality printed faces (or in my BJD's case, hand painted) and all that.

My favorite is my Doll Leaves Maya, who is technically a male doll but I got the head on a female body when I ordered her. She's made of resin and she's beautiful ;-;

I'm trying to learn some sewing so I can make her clothes myself, but I like, hate hand sewing so much. So so much.

SpoilerShow

Tell us about your weird hobbies! What do you like about it? How did you get into it?? How long have you been into it?
RE: Weird Hobby Thread!
I make stamps! It's been a while since I last catalogued my works on the forum though, I should collect them up and show 'em off at some point.

I also needle felt on occasion and collect figurines and other weird shit out of capsule machines.
I bind books (though that probably falls under arts/crafts) and you all know about my papercrafting. I also low key collect gemstones!

I also collected scented candles because i am secretly a middle aged housewife
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
I guess the weirdest thing I do is make lists, or tournament brackets, for pretty much anything. Like I'll take the 32 most important from, uhh... the Pokemon manga, for example. Then I pair them off and they get to compete for which ones are my favorite characters. Or something. I guess it's weird and not productive but it helps me analyze those characters deeply. I could tell you all the characters that are well-developed, and exactly why. Like, it's informative or whatever. The GB Word Count thing I did a while back is kind of like this. Just gathering pointless trivia about stuff I read, play, or watch. Like, I absolutely could tell you what moves every Pokemon learn. Hmm. I guess I enjoy this, yeah.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
everyone already knows this but i play a virtual petsite called aywas, which is pretty well-centered around customized pets

i have a couple positions on the site that i get paid real moneys for too

i dunno what else i do for hobbies. draw other stuff and dabble in videogame development i guess.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
I keep bees, but I feel like everyone knows that about me already. Lately I've been getting into philosophy and economics and religion a lot, but I think that's only a "hobby" when I do it high.