CARD DRIVER

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CARD DRIVER
RE: CARD DRIVER
Take Selfie with War Rally Dragon, Kindel and send it to JUDGEYOURLOGIC
>Hurry. Move your legs likenthe wind to your pestering friend.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
(10-23-2017, 10:01 PM)BreadProduct Wrote: »Take Selfie with War Rally Dragon, Kindel and send it to JUDGEYOURLOGIC

[Image: 0Uiz6yW.png?1]

Show Buddychatlog
SpoilerShow

Now the only problem was getting there. You weren't in much of a hurry. They were just a rambunctious and impatient youngster (who was older than you). You had plenty of time, no need to rush. You could just take a slow leisure walk and-

"Well? What're you waiting for? Your friend sounds like they need you! Hold on tight, let's GOGOGOGOGOGO!"

UWAUGH

(10-23-2017, 05:18 PM)Fallingfeather Wrote: »Does the dragon know how to drive. can they drive you to the tournament

(10-23-2017, 06:05 PM)Wessolf27 Wrote: »>Onwards! To your annoying friend!

(10-24-2017, 12:14 AM)FlanDab Wrote: »>Hurry. Move your legs likenthe wind to your pestering friend.

[Image: Q6FJhG7.png?2]

So much for that peaceful walk. And with it, your peaceful life.

[Image: 2GZF1Sf.png?1]

As you walk through the streets, you find yourself surrounded by people and monsters. This is pretty normal. The entire world was obsessed with this game after all. But now that you were a part of it, with a deck and a little monster floating by your side, it just seemed a little different. Bigger, like your horizons had been broadened.

You took notice of the small creatures scampering up and down the streets, and the people accompanying them. No longer was the world just colored blurs as you blasted Simple Plan's "I'm Just a Kid" through your three dollar headphones after having freshly walked out of Hot Topic during a fight with your emotionally distant father. They were people.

It was weird, to say the least.

[Image: L63Vjiq.png?1]

You've got a bit of a ways to go before you reach the card shop. Maybe you can do a little investigating. Kindel seems to be eager to share anything and everything, and you really have no idea what the fuck is going on anywhere anytime. So he seems like a perfect fit for you.

But what would you even ask him? Was it too early for a tutorial on however this game plays beyond "hit your opponent really hard?" Maybe you should just stay quiet?

...What will you do?
>So... Kindel, I was kinda wondering... how were you made? Cards kinda have to come from somewhere.
Yes definitely ask for a tutorial on how to play the game.
You know, I always wondered why dragons still use swords when they could have guns.
(10-24-2017, 06:17 AM)FlanDab Wrote: »>So... Kindel, I was kinda wondering... how were you made? Cards kinda have to come from somewhere.

[Image: vCgbGHe.png?1]

"Silly! The card was made at a factory. But you can think of the card as kind of like a hammerspace! I was made a bit differently!"

"When a daddy dragon and a daddy dragon, or a mommy dragon and a mommy dragon love each other very very muuuuch-!"

"Stop. Stop. All of it. Stop."

"Awwwh. I had a slideshow and everything!"

(10-24-2017, 10:21 PM)BreadProduct Wrote: »Yes definitely ask for a tutorial on how to play the game.

"I'd love it if you could relay me some more important info. Like, yanno, how to play this game."

"Eh? Seriously, your entire world is obsessed with the game. Don't you at least have an inkling of the rules?"

"I doubt it's as simple as "hit your opponent really really hard."

"No, that's basically the gist."

"You're kidding."

"Well...whatever! Don't stress about it! You'll pick up the rules quick. You just go 'shwazam!' and then 'pashoooom!' and then your opponent goes 'oh no!' and then you summon your Boss and you win! Come on, we're going to be late!"

Of course it wouldn't be that easy. Damn it.

(10-25-2017, 12:04 AM)Wessolf27 Wrote: »You know, I always wondered why dragons still use swords when they could have guns.

"We do use guns! Sometimes. We dragons are, well, rather large folk, you know. Do you know how much money it would cost to create a pistol fit for, say, our great Lord Ignis? Because we had to calculate that. He has three, probably in a drawer somewhere."

"Eh? Doesn't he have a sword?"

"Lord Ignis is a connoisseur of all weapons. Guns simply...aren't his forte. It's much more cost effective to create a big metal whacking stick than a gun. That's why we dragons prefer cannons, or breathing fire."

"You know, I didn't expect that levelheaded of an answer."

"Knowledge is power."

[Image: rT5BR1T.png?1]

Ah. Looks like you're here.

[Image: 9Vtyl6b.png?1]

"Ehhh? It just looks like a normal shop. You humans can be so boring sometimes-"

[Image: QaisLm1.png?1]

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!?"
(Is that Reptar?)

>Enter the fine establishment where the deals are lit and the roof is domed.
This is clearly not your mother's basement. You've been lied to!

Joking aside...

>Annoying friend: Be in the middle of a very intense card game with not as many family and friends cheering you on as you said there are.
(10-25-2017, 04:05 AM)BreadProduct Wrote: »>Enter the fine establishment where the deals are lit and the roof is domed.

(10-25-2017, 05:56 PM)Wessolf27 Wrote: »>Annoying friend: Be in the middle of a very intense card game with not as many family and friends cheering you on as you said there are.

SpoilerShow
So uh.. Which one is your friend?
(10-26-2017, 10:42 PM)BreadProduct Wrote: »So uh.. Which one is your friend?

[Image: esQEcnd.png?2]

That one.

[Image: RKqCuUI.png?1]

"And with that, the second round of the tournament is over! We'll be taking a short recess, so feel free to refresh yourselves and socialize before the next round! And be sure to spend some MONEY!"

"Ugh. What a pain in the ass. Can no one around here give me a decent fight anymore?"

Still as snobbish as usual. It seems like just yesterday she was getting stomped by everything and everyone at this game, and now here she was, acting like every card game anime rival ever. Greaaaat.

[Image: kA6SCXX.png?1]

"AND YOU!"

Shit. Enemy spotted.

[Image: TkgokCz.png?2]

"Do you know how LONG I've been waiting for you!? A whole two rounds have passed! This whole time I've been thinking "Where's Jamie? Where's Jamie?" but noooo! You had to go and finally pick up the game and now I'm here alone! But thank GOD you decided to show up and-"

Yeah yeah yeah, you can tune her out for a bit. She's not saying anything of importance. Just wait for her to tucker herself out.

You know, you kind of forget this is a normal card shop sometimes. Well, a normal card shop with an arena, but it's 20XX. If you don't have an arena, you're doing something wrong.

...Although, one last thing has been bothering you. Through all this ranting, and raving, you just can't call one thing to mind.

[Image: FUuv39C.png?1]

What was her name again?
Oh my god... You can't remember!
Evelyn Smith
Riva Lin
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Jamie Lynn Faust
(10-27-2017, 10:43 PM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Riva Lin

[Image: TfllGRx.png?1]

Oh thank fuck.

"AND ANOTHER THING! I don't know where you get off with this high-and-mighty attitude of yours! Card games have brought millions of people together across the world! So you thinking you're cool just because you're "not into it, man" really just shows off how-"

Wow, she's still going? Alright, you might be here awhile.

[Image: h2Usc22.png?1]

Huh. Who's that? Well, you can assume it's someone who works here, but it looks like they're looking for something. But what is that something? Oh, looks like you've been spotted. Let's see what's up.

[Image: iiTSquX.png?2]

"Hellooooo."

Aw fuck.

"Uhm, yes?"

"A friend of yours, Riva?"

"Uh, yes. Why?"

"Do they play?"

"Hello! Tiny floating dragon right here!"

"Oh thank God you changed your text color. I was worried."

[Image: QGVjm01.png?1]

"Either way, I'm so happy! So, I'll register you in the tournament-"

"Waiwaiwaiwaiwait, what? Pardon? Ex-fucking-scuse me?"

"Ah, how rude of me! See, someone just dropped out of the tournament. Normally we wouldn't just add someone in so late, but to keep things running smoothly, and to keep the fights going, it'd be much more elegant to just add someone in, don't you think?"

"B-But I just started playing! I don't even know the rules!"

"You'll pick them up quick! They're not hard to follow at all! Good luck! If you need any cards, I'll be right by the register! Feel free to have a look around! Bye beee~!"

[Image: 17W87fU.png?1]

Aaaaand they're gone.

You turn to Riva in disdain.

[Image: YWbjFrc.png?1]

"You'll get no sympathy from me."

"I fight for my friends. Also WHAT THE FUCK AAAAAAHHHHH."

"Consider this your punishment for showing up late, heh! Hope you know how to put up a fight, because odds are, we're going to be paired up next."

"What kind of fucked up randomized pairing system is this!? Shouldn't I be going up against the person with the fewest wins!?"

"Don't worry about iiiit~! Have fun! I probably won't even have to use my Boss, ufufu!"

RIVA YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT and they're gone too. Damn it.

[Image: ya3wQZU.png?1]

Well, fuck. Looks like you can't get out of this with anything short of bolting for the door. And social obligation holds you firmly within the four walls of this store. But you've got some time, and some pocket change.

What will you do?
Look for a brochure, the back of a trading card, some random hobo. ANYTHING that will get you your Justified Tutorial
Aquire Pack Of Cards; Devour Pack Of Cards As Intimidation Tactic And To Imbue Yourself With Their Strength
SpoilerShow

(11-01-2017, 12:56 AM)Lordlyhour Wrote: »Aquire Pack Of Cards; Devour Pack Of Cards As Intimidation Tactic And To Imbue Yourself With Their Strength

[picture of jamie walking up to cashier]

"Hi, yes. Can I get a pack of uh...cards."

"You have no idea how to play this game, do you."

"That's what I've been trying to say."

[picture of booster pack with cool dragon on it being held out to jamie]

The cashier sighs, and gives you a little laugh. He hands you a booster pack off the shelf. Huh. Cool dragon.

"I'm impressed. For someone to be friends with Riva, and have no clue how to play. That's a shocker."

[picture of jamie opening the pack while cashier talks]

"But she has good reason for being passionate. She's one of the best players in the shop, and I've seen her wreak havoc at regionals. She's come so close to making nationals, but I think her being so hotheaded is kind of a double-edged sword."

[picture of jamie moving to put one of the cards into his mouth]

"All it takes is a few misplays to add up, and it'll wind up costing her her big moment. That, or she's just in a bad matchup. Anything that can manipulate her deck can really put her in a bind. You know how Shining Heroes can be! Or well, I guess you wouldn't-HEY!"

[picture of the cashier grabbing jamie by the hand before he eats his super rare shiny pull]

"W-what the hell are you doing!?"

"Intimidation tactic."

"Not how it works! Geez, you really need some help, don't you? For that matter, why hasn't your Buddy given you any info!?"

"I just got him about a half hour ago. He just said they were 'easy to pick up.'"

You and the cashier stare at Kindel. Menacingly.

[picture of kindel holding up his hands in defense]

"E-Eh!? W-well, I...uh...t-that's because! Uhm! ...I don't know how to play either."

[picture of jamie and cashier staring at kindel]

[picture of cashier pinching the bridge of his nose, visibly exasperated]

"Okay. Looks like I'm going to have to give you a rundown of the basics."

(10-30-2017, 10:41 PM)BreadProduct Wrote: »Look for a brochure, the back of a trading card, some random hobo. ANYTHING that will get you your Justified Tutorial

[picture of cashier gesturing to a chibi version of jamie and kindel]

"Here's a quick rundown."

RULES
SpoilerShow

"And that's the basics! Any questions?

"Okay...that sounds really simple. But then why is everyone on TV doing all these cool and sick kickflips and shit and like stabbing everyone. That seems decidedly more complex."

"Well, what would a good card game be without good fight scenes?"

"Can't we just play cards without worrying about my lungs being torn out."

"Not interesting enough."

[picture of jamie handing his deck to the cashier]

"Well, can you maybe take a look at my deck and see if it's any good? Will I even stand a chance against Riva?

He flips through the cards for a moment, and grimaces.

"Oof. Not likely. Those starter packs are always terrible, and sometimes not even tournament legal. Did you know you're only allowed two of the same card? And yet your deck is completely flooded! And defs not enough monsters for a Consume deck."

He begins rummaging around under the counter.

"Consume?"

"Did you even read your cards? Ignis is a Consume Boss. In order to summon him, and keep him summoned, you have to pay a cost consistently. In his case, one Monster from your hand. And yet you only have five! Disgusting.

"Ehhh? I...don't know what any of those words mean."

"Relax, relax. Your deck is actually pretty simple, especially compared to Riva's. You just have to hit the enemy really really hard! I can fix it up a little for you.

"Oh, but I don't have much money on me...I wasn't exactly planning on coming today."

"Nooo problem! Consider it a welcome gift to get you to spend more money."

"Oh. Uhm. Thank you?"

He sets the new deck on the counter, and...it looks kind of exactly the same.

"There it is! Now, remember if you ever come across any Junk, feel free to come to me! I can exchange it for something good!"

"Junk?"

"You know, the junky, bad cards you get from packs and stuff, or tons of extras. Things you'd never use. Come to me, and I can get you a shweet deal."

You unlocked JUNK EXCHANGE!

Alright, now it looks like you have a semi-decent deck, and a basic understanding of the rules. But there's still some time before the next round. You've still got a few bucks in your pocket, at the risk of not being able to eat lunch. And of course, you could chat it up with the regulars. See what's the down low. Or try and find Riva and make her explain what the hell is going on. And Kindel is still floating beside you, probably willing to exposition dump on you even more if you ask.

God, there's so much to do, and so little time. What will you do?
Home in on the first loser of the tournament.
Now theres a target you might stand a chance against.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
>Prepare a deck of cool one-liners, and bone-chilling puns.
>Prepare a handful of icy jokes to distract the foe laughing.
>Have pre-tournament comfort, food, and drinks. Relax and steel your ice-cold will.
Get your buddy a starter deck of their very own. Be the first to have a buddy with a buddy.
I Second The Recursive Buddy System