Frontier Princess: Space Western meets Harvest Moon!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FRONTIER PRINCESS
A Space Western Harvest Moon-alike

So, hey! I'm Tuesday. S'been a couple years since I took a crack at forum adventures, so I'm spitting up another one for practice. You can expect a light tone, 8-bit palette, and cartoony visuals from Frontier Princess, with as much audience influence as I can reasonably allow.

This is a suggestion box thread! You can catch up at this imgur album link 'til I get a proper mirror/blog up. Frontier Princess' gimmick is being framed as a series of visual novel 'screenshots', hence the image-heavy updates. Might change the format if it's too stressful on readers' internet connections.

RE: Frontier Princess: Space Western meets Harvest Moon!?
Reginaldina Moonpraxis
> Strongbad Runnerman
SpoilerShow
>Adara Moonright
Just "Raven" c:
Don't look at me. I'm just as confused by the bear as you people are...
>Carrie Callisto
Raya, maybe?
SpoilerShow
Mockingbird "Cheeky" Jane
SpoilerShow

Quote:> Reginalda Moonpraxis
> Mockingbird "Cheeky" Jane
> Adara Moonright
> Raya

Your imagination runs away with you, supplying a series of SLICK-SOUNDING OPTIONS for your new identity. Your BIRTH NAME is CARRIE CALLISTO, which is already PRETTY SWEET, so...

You review the shuttle's trajectory and search your databanks for information on your landing coordinates. Granting that they're up to date, you ought to land about three hours' walk from a small town called...

STARK BUTTE.

Really?

Anyplace with a name like that is in desperate need of a COOL NEW ADDITION, which shall officially be YOU. What could be cooler than the arrival of a MYSTERIOUS INTERSTELLAR TRAVELLER named...

Quote:>"Cheeky" Jane Moonright

It sounds like something straight from one of those space western serials that keep swinging back into vogue.

Now, then. A three-hour walk doesn't sound like much fun. Should you conserve your energy and take a POWER NAP, or stay awake and KILL SOME TIME? The shuttle's on AUTO-PILOT. It's your call.

1. NAP
2. (ENTER A COURSE OF ACTION)
>kill some time. Like literally murder it.
SpoilerShow
>Got access to any info about this planet? Y'know, things like local wildlife or settlements? If not, perhaps a game! ...You do have games in here...right?
Don't look at me. I'm just as confused by the bear as you people are...
Quote:> Got access to any info about this planet?

The on-board databanks came with a For Dumbos-style primer on the landing site and surrounding areas, though you're out of luck if you want information on Varia II altogether. It's a good book! You've read the primer several times since the Astraea lost her space legs.

You bring the primer up on your now-useless smartwatch and project the contents as a little holographic slate you can swipe through. The TOWERING WILDLIFE intimidate you more than a little... but you find comfort in that Varia II is a common landing site for escape vessels whose motherships fail about the Myrmidon Nebula.

Quote:> You do have games in here, right?

Your watch has a pretty impressive GAMES LIBRARY, thanks to your childhood APP ADDICTION. If you want to play with something, though, there's better aboard than match-3 games or management sims!

Your FAITHFUL ROBOT BUDDY has been taking up space, powered down, in your little closet of a cabin for the past couple days. You wanted to conserve its energy, but with 20-something minutes to landing, you suppose you can afford to wake it.

1. WAKE ROBOT BUDDY
2. (SUGGEST OTHER COURSE OF ACTION)
Figure out potential alternative energy sources for your robo-friend before you put their remaining extancy on a very short timer
(04-18-2017, 10:53 PM)Tuesday Wrote: »...since the Astraea lost her space legs.

Wait who
SpoilerShow