RE: The 2am thread
thats quitter talk
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
ive been letting my schedule slip while waiting out my notice period on my current job with barely any work to do and I hope I can readapt quickly when I start my next one quite soon
The thing about writing one of my favourite things I've written in a long time, as a part of a thing that I started writing for in 2009 is god I really want to push people to read this thing I'm so happy with it, but also god I don't ever want to recommend people read the first few rounds of IS.
Fuck,
In my defense. I'm only up cuz movie night at a friend's place tonight extended to introducing her to taskmaster and just got home
Also. I'm able to reflect, without going back and reading my horseshit of yore,

that, by and large, I am in a much better space as a person than when I used to use this thread

Being a grown-ass adult owns, actually
For me probably my favourite single moment from any season of Taskmaster is David Correos losing his mind for half an hour attempting to escape the caravan.
I've decided now that putting the Duke of Detroit in Battle Majestic was actually really funny and good and I'm now having a great time.
I genuinely really need to be in bed already today.

That said. I have managed to find the beginnings of an idea for a Last Thing Standing/This Battle Has Been Cancelled post and I'm feeling good about it.
Writing things is good and fun.
Oops! I should shower
I am incredibly full of sneezes

I think that honestly? Everything social media does, the 2am thread does better
Ratatouilled myself. The sneezes are not the rona (yay, I had plans this weekend)
Shooting the shit with folks like it hasn't been half a decade since I looked at grand battles tonight was wonderful. I love yall
I was doing my level best to be asleep but then I needed to fill the gaps on my mental list of all 32 main line grand battles

Then I got thinking about my upcoming unexpected but necessary trip to Canberra
Looking forward to confusing everyone who's asking me when I'm moving to Austria by telling them I don't have a flight booked yet, but I am off to Australia in two months probably
(11-10-2023, 01:24 PM)Schazer Wrote: »Shooting the shit with folks like it hasn't been half a decade since I looked at grand battles tonight was wonderful. I love yall

Want to strongly echo this sentiment.
(11-06-2023, 02:10 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »I've decided now that putting the Duke of Detroit in Battle Majestic was actually really funny and good and I'm now having a great time.

ever since i realized he's like this fucking minor threat nobody that unexpectedly gets to become a major threat due to a combination of ego and opportunism well i've been having fun with this dumb thing i did in 2014.
I just need to remember how to write fights.
(11-12-2023, 01:10 PM)Schazer Wrote: »I was doing my level best to be asleep but then I needed to fill the gaps on my mental list of all 32 main line grand battles

There's no way we have 32 of these things. That's an absurd number.
When I'm finished my current round of posts I'm going to actually for real read all the way through GBS2 this time.
damn for no reason i wonder what the earliest message ever sent by morse code was.
One of those nights where I actually should be asleep now :<