We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories.
I once tried a pearl nuzlocke but I think Nuzlocke was like pokémon hard mode because all the Gen I to Gen III games were hella easy. It turns out Nintendo made an effort to pump that up in Gen IV. Fighting off team galactic in eterna turned out to be superhard! I lost and went fuck that bizniz
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
(03-15-2012, 11:55 PM)btp Wrote: »Guys what happened to the good ole days where when you wanted more fun from a game you cheated to make it easier instead of harder?

100 lvl CELEBY FOREVER

(says the guy who watches youtube videos instead of playing games)
I never did that, cheats that make everything pointless aren't exciting at all, I can only enjoy it if a game makes me invincible after I've earned it

Cheats that make your characters' heads swell to 12 times their normal size, change the things enemies say or do stupid things like turn defeated foes into exploding animals (these are all examples from Ratchet and Clank, developers take note) are pretty great though
I was "that one kid" on the playground. By which I mean I told everyone about missingno. Everyone in my class had all lvl 100s. Beforehand everyone including me had a super strong starter and every other pokémon the level it was caught at. So no fun link battles either way. Anyway the game is super easy if you only use your starter? None of us caught them all. I got close but I never got the ones you needed to trade for.
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
Okay now do it again only this time have one less level

In the world of Nuzlocke that would be the death of you because that level 8 Farfetch'd ain't gonna go hero mode
Well, I got to Oregon

EVENTUALLY

This was by far the high point

[Image: Screenshot2012-03-15at92823PM.png]
Should have named him Moneyass
I once did a Nuzlocke run of Sapphire.

Carried myself through a good portion of it with London, the Linoone, until he got taken out at level 34 in a really nasty sequence of events due to me being overconfident. He was even better than my starter because frankly Blaziken just had far too many weaknesses to be feasible for most situations.

Linoone will always be my favorite Pokemon now.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
Crobat is my perpetual homebro for all games Nuzlocke.
My first pokémon on route 131 (I think?) was a Kecleon.

Suddenly, Pokémon got so intense! I could deadlock some opponents into having only not very effective moves on me if they used the right type, something I never really considered at that point before because Lv. 51 Slaking.
I'll do a trubbish only run as soon as i get my ds charger back, i need to prove to a friend it's imposible to get any sort of challenge from beating the main story.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Trubbish <3

Keep us posted on this run
One Trubbish or many? Evolution allowed? I'm vaguely curious now.
Hmm i didn't think about the rules just yet but i had in mind a single garbodor, planning the moveset ahead of time and maybe hacking a bibarel or some other HM slave. I dunno, what do you think would make the most challenging ruleset?

E: Oh, i should also mention my knowledge of this last gen is a bit limited since i got bored halfway through it and hacked my way to the E4 so i could jump straight into competitive battles with a friend.
Today I finished Mass Effect 3. It is a pretty good game with the worst most out of place ending I have ever experienced in any thing ever.

I hate Bioware now.

Part of me wants to never think about it ever again, another part of me wants to complain about it forever to anyone who will listen.

I think I might need to actually sit down and play a decent game to wash away the bullshit.
It sounds like your sentiment is shared by a lot of mass effect players. I've never played the series, but the last few penny-arcade site posts talk about the issue. (yes, sometimes I read penny-arcade posts. They are often worded in interesting ways.)

Having never played any of the games I feel completely qualified to say that I like the idea of the entire last game as "the ending" instead of just the last ten minutes. But I suppose that's part of the expectation. An amazing game needs to have an incredible ending or it simply ruins the whole thing.

I had a similar experience with the xenosaga series, and to a lesser degree the metal gear solid series. How do you wrap up and answer a storyline (and more importantly a character) in a satisfactory way?

I'm not sure if it's possible. There will always be the dissapointed that comes when something exciting ends. My nephew always bursts into a fit when it's time to stop playing outside. [other analogies involving desserts and movie times]

Again, I'm totes qualified to add this having never played or watched anything from this game
the thing is even if i take the entire game to be the ending, the conclusion of that ending is no less bullshit, saying that the entire game is the ending of the series is just semantics.

The ending of Mass Effect 3 explains things that needed no explanation, feels like a complete non-sequitur (it does not fit with the rest of the tone of the series), renders everything you have done to be completely meaningless, cannot stand up by its own internal logic, definately cannot stand up by the logic of the rest of the game, does not even show you what your efforts have accomplished and denies you any form of good ending even if you have done all the sidequests and made all the best choices.

The ending here should not have been hard to do. The ending that would have made the most sense would have been predictable yes, but predictable does not mean bad in the same way that doing something different and unexpected does not automatically make it good.
Was it all a dream? I bet it was all a dream.
It was not all a dream, but several fans claim that it is possible that it is all a dream because they are in denial that what they saw was the actual real ending.
There have been hints at some kind of ending-fix DLC that sucks less, but if they do pander to the most popular fan theory and make it the mind control equivalent of all a dream I think I'll just hate them more.
If they make me pay to fix the ending they will have negated the respect they still garnered due to how fun the game itself was. The day one DLC was insulting enough.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
you are forgiven, superfrequency.
asdfhsdkljghsfda

Journey.

PS3 must have.

Go.
GUYS CAN I BE
CAN I BE THE SOLARIS OF SKULLGIRLS

YOU SHOULD ALL GET SKULLGIRLS WHEN IT COMES OUT

CHECK DEM BAISHES
LOOK AT THESE COMBOS
I am not really fighting games
It reminds me somewhat of BlazBlue (pretty graphics + technical focus)! I'll have to check it out, eventually. When I have better internet and thus, Xbox Live.
Not that I'm necessarily very good at fighting games, I just like 'em.
[Image: j5xngn.jpg]
Gonna play Catherine with my actual girlfriend, not sure this is the best idea.

WHICH DO YOU CHOOSE BOB? HUH!? HUH!?