Godhood XIV - Usurper [Honey Edition Turn 3]
Godhood XIV - Usurper [Honey Edition Turn 3]
[Image: Honey1.png]
{HONEY EDITION}

A universe begins
Exactly as it ends;
Not with a bang, but a whisper.

From the aether it arises slowly, softly,
Its newborn boundries subtancelessly gleaming like the surface of a soap bubble.
Reality gently, gracefully expands,
As though a bud, unfurling its petals to reveal its unique beauty.
Alas! it has nothing yet to be revealed, save the alluring scent of promise.
Just that is enough.

Summoned by the scent of new beginnings,
The butterflies awaken from dormancy.
They go to fufill the meaning of their existences,
To be the caretakers of this bud,
To tend it and shape it into glorious full bloom.
They fly to it on wings of divinity.

Envious eyes take heed
Hungry parasites seize a chance to feed.
A maggot chews on the flower's leaves,
Does it think itself a caterpillar?

Seven--no, nine-- have gathered to tend this flower.

It is empty of all but a promise of more to come.

The universe awaits creation.

Acts
Nash-Marr: 5
Suki, Mia, Amelia: 5
Craft: 5
Olmolm: 5
Kahtrak: 5
Bacardi Clear: 5
Lord Rack: 5

Universal Reference SheetShow
RE: Godhood XIV - Usurper [Honey Edition]
Craft walks in first.

For a moment, he wonders if he has a universe all too himself. That would be a dream come true. But a few flashes and glows quickly debunk that theory, and he sighs in misery.

He decides to rest for a bit, first, meet these other gods and learn their goals, then act. No point in rushing this and wasting something when they were gonna make it anyways.

Craft introduces himself to every god here.
First, there was Olmolm. There were other ones floating nearby. He made a note of them. Olmolm waited a bit, gazing at the other quizically. His eyeless face seemed to be gazing into the darkes corner of their hearts.

Only Olmolm know what he saw, if he did see anything.

Olmolm waits.
No no no. It has to be unique.

I say it has to be natural. We're going with a normal yellow star.

Stars are more red normally anyway. And we could always go with blue! Blue is good. And there are blue stars.

No. Yellow.

Come ON! How about green? Green is so pretty. Like grass.

We are going with yellow.

Well I'm your partner and I say we go with green.

Well I'M the fire spirit and I say we go with yellow.

Amelia what do you think?

I don't care. Suki is the leader. So I'm siding with her.

Ha! We're going with yellow.

The three spirits had been floating through the void trying to decide on where the center of the universe would be. They eventually stopped after their heated (no pun intended) discussion on what the color of the star would be. Suki shot forward and lit a spark in the void. The spark became a fire that became a blaze that became an enormous cosmic body. A star had been born... it was a lovely shade of green.
Mia squeals in delight.

OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
She squealed while hugging the serpentine fire spirit.

It was nothing. Yellow is boring anyway. What should we name it?

Let's go with... Smaragden! What do you think Amelia?

I don't care. But it doesn't exactly role off the tongue.

Then how about Esmeralda?

I like it!

The green star Esmeralda has been created- 4 Acts
Hearty laughter announced another presence as Lord Rack drifted casually into the vicinity of the three ladies, looking a little singed. He was reclined as if on an imaginary beach chair, a pair of semi-melted sunglasses crumbling away from their existence on the bridge of his divine nasal appendage. From the looks of it, he had made an entry to the universe somewhat too close to the newly created star.

"I do believe this universe is off to an auspicious start, maidens! I was drawn here pondering what charming countenances doth brighten my day figuratively and quite literally in these far reaches, only to reunite with old friends." He looked to Mia, Amelia and Suki and flourished an elaborate, enthused bow their way, just as he noticed the other divinities in the area.

Though there was no guarantee that either of them would be open to friendly relations, Lord Rack appreciated the possibility. Olmolm was massive, and Lord Rack had to repress the urge to high five every single one of those strange and numerous arms. (Not all ideas are good ones.) Craft's form, made of more familiar-looking components, allowed him to begin guessing at the Spheres under the mechanical mantis' domain. He returned the greeting.

"So it seems we have been gathered! With so many of us, I can foresee a splendid abundance of matter in the near future. -Introductions are in order! Lord Rack is my name." If anyone could admit to such a dumb name without a trace of embarrassment, it would be this guy.
Always the charmer aren't we Lord Rack?

Lorie!
Mia jumps up onto Lork Racks back to dangle from his neck, even though gravity does not effect gods normally and there is no real reason for her to dangle. The ink that was already beginning to surround her in a colorful pattern parting so as to not splatter onto the god of creativity.

It's been forever since we last saw you! When was the last time? Seven universes for us I think. How long has it been for you?
A legitimate question considering the strange way time works when traveling between universes.

Amelia watches theses shenanigans with an expression that is somehow both bored and bitter.
"A compliment of the most flattering kind when it comes from you, dancing flame -Oho!" He laughed, catching Mia and spinning her around in exuberant circles. It wouldn't take much to see how well they got along. Amelia, however... as per usual she did not look too pleased, but Lord Rack was glad to see her still together with her sisters despite it all. Seven! How productive you have been. A mere single universe I have traveled since, and remain still inexperienced. I am sorry to have missed what marvels Suki, Amelia and yourself have created. But let us not look down for too long, I have an idea that may entertain you!" He looked to the empty distance of space and back to Suki as if asking for permission to Act in their territory.

He then flicked his wrist, a glass gourd full of his brew flipping into his hand from seemingly nowhere. Uncorking it with a brisk pop, the deity consumed its contents, starting to glow as the bottle disappeared. Taking a few steps forward on a nonexistent floor, Lord Rack inhaled deeply and then, as if breathing fire... blew clouds. An explosion of color momentarily surrounded the conspicuous group but spread farther and farther until a single ring of nebulous gas, dust and dark matter surrounded the star and established itself in far orbit. Humongous asteroids formed in highly spaced clumps from the matter within it, making it more like a ribbon of letters when viewed from afar than anything close to the density one would expect from an asteroid belt. It was an obvious tribute to the spirit ladies; the minerals contained within it may even serve as materials for future industry.

Lord Rack stood back to survey his creation, proud. "Behold, the Atrium to your sun. A job well done, if I may say so myself, for you three together are an inspiration."

Asteroid belt (2 acts) and nebulous clouds (3 acts) "The Atrium"/"Esmeralda's Atrium" has been created- 5 acts
That's what I like about you Lord Rack. You don't often go with the boring old formulas. You like to shake things up. I don't think I know of anyone who thought to make an atmosphere for an asteroid belt.

OH I LOVE IT! I'm going to make some bat creatures and they will fly between the asteroids and they are going to sing and they will dance and tell great stories from the other side of the asteroid belt and...

We don't have nearly enough power for all of that.

Well then I will do it later. Oh. But I COULD put some more asteroids or some water there.

Never use up the last of our energy. Haven't you learned anything yet?

Mia responds by sticking out her tongue and going to explore the asteroids, admiring the unique tint the sun gave the air.
Amelia chooses to not spend time admiring the strange sky and instead spend her time examining the materials in the asteroids. Mostly rock, but that would me remedied in time.
Suki had already settled into the sun, streaking through the core and across the surface in a nearly invisible green flicker.
I think that green is a excellent choice, Flame Spirit. The farther away you put the emission spectrum from the reds of your standard hydrocarbon fire, the more mystical your standard campfire will start to seem. Assuming everyone remembers to give their creatures vision INSIDE the practical ranges, hmmm?

And sorry for lurking, but as long as there was nothing in this universe, there was nothing to improve! And that is more or less my specialty.

A gaunt green figure has appeared from beside the sun, floating on a small nimbus of cloud. He seems eager to butt into the conversation.

Speaking of which, does anyone else feel something weird? This is an empty universe, but I swear I'm picking up some kind of, I don't know, flaw? Maybe it's just me.

The name's Kahtrak, I'll be your resident forge god, I believe. Or maybe not. I see a lot of metal torso in this crowd, but it looks like most of you guys favour more advanced races than that.

Kahtrak sets to fiddly work within the asteroid belt, talking continuously as he does. "You know, lately I've been having some trouble with my civilizations." He produces a nugget of gold. "They develop medicine and agriculture, and then they get lazy." He carefully places it in the centre of one of the debris clusters. "Some creatures just don't have enough ambition to aim for the stars on their own. And that's just sad. So I thought, why not incentivize it?" Kahtrak goes from cluster to cluster, studding them with large nuggets of valuable metals, all unnaturally high purity, including a mix of gold, platinum and titanium. Each nugget is placed near the centre of its respective cluster, so that sophisticated machinery would be required to reach it safely.

1 Act for adding "metal incentives" to the asteroid belt.
I think you and I are going to get along fine. My name is Amelia.

Her expression was less bitter, but still not nearly close to what one might call warm or friendly.
"LADIES."
Hello Amelia.

And yes, I intend to get along quite well with most of you. Please do tell me if you need any of your creations fixed, I absolutely hate working from scratch.
They are ignoring you loud metal bat phoenix dragon thing. Especially Amelia.
Ignoring Bacardi is as easy as dousing fire with alcohol, meaning it is not very easy at all.

"WOW THIS PARTY IS VERY DISAPPOINTING. THERE IS JUST A PUNY GREEN STAR (OR A FUSING HYDROGEN BALL EMITTING A VISIBLE WAVELENGTH BETWEEN 520–570 NANOMETERS, BUT HEY DIVINE MAGIC) AND SOME PUSSY UNICORN CLOUDS AND...SOME ROCKS I GUESS. ROCKS ARE BORING. BUT HEY I MIGHT BE QUICK TO JUDGE, I MEAN IT'S LIKE WHAT. FIVE DIVINE GOD MINUTES? PARTY TAKES MOMENTUM AND ALL THAT."

There was a pause.

"ALSO HELLO EVERYBODY. YOU ARE ALL SEXY AND BEAUTIFUL. NOT AS MUCH AS ME, OF COURSE. BUT CLOSE ENOUGH."
Mia flew in front of the new god of science.

If you think the place is boring then put your power where your mouth is. I DARE you to impress me.
Bacardi blinked his eyes. One at the time.

"OH HELLO YOU WHO ARE YOU. I MIGHT HAVE TO SAY I DO ENJOY COMPETITIONS BUT I THINK THE PARTY HAS NOT ACCUMULATE A DECENT AMOUNT OF BROUHAHA FOR A DIVINE SHOWCASE OF POWER. MIGHT I ALSO SAY YOU ARE QUITE ATTRACTIVE AND DARE I SAY YOU ARE KIND OF HOT IN A SORT OF A HALLUCINOGENIC SPECTRUM SORT OF WAY. YOU DESERVE A HUG. DO YOU WANT A HUG. I HAVE MANY ARMS."

Bacardi opens his many, many arms, just in anticipation for the said hug.
My name is Mia. And no. I don't hug wimps who cover up their godly incompetence with a booming voice and some pseudo-charming words.
"MY, YOU HAVE QUITE A SPIRIT. I LOVE SPIRITS, METAPHORICALLY, PHYSICALLY AND OTHERWISE. I THINK I LIKE YOU ALREADY."

Bacardi then affectionately pinches Mia's posterior in a gesture of friendship.
I would also like to propose that you invoke the spirit of this "party" for us, oh gregarious and powerful one.
"MANNNNN, IT'S NOT THAT HARD. HERE LET ME SHOW YOU HOW."

Bacardi hugs and kisses Kahtrak on both cheeks. He also pinches his butt in both cheeks.
Mia smiles before pulling back her arm. All of the multicolored ink was drawn back as well and formed into a brightly colored fist. It froze and flung forward as she punched in the direction of Bacardi. The brightly colored frozen appendage collided with his face and sent him flying.

Touch me again and I will piss on everything you love.
Mia had not actually been in a bad mood until just this moment. She let the ink return to its normal state flowing around her and telling the story of the universe. Many pictures of her punching Bacardi in the face were now present, floating on a slowly turning paper that did not exist.
Before Bacardi hit the ground (well, the closest approximation of the ground anyway, considering the universe is still fairly empty), he dissipated into a cloud of effervescent alcohol. The noxious vapors dissipated into nothing - only to reform again to Bacardi in another corner, another space of this empty dimension. The mechanical contraption beat his wings aganist the nonexistent gravity and declared back.

"MADAM I RESPECT YOU SO MUCH I WILL DRINK YOUR PISS FOR YOU"

"MAYBE GARNISH IT WITH AN ORANGE PEEL TOO."
The frightening forge god's contribution to the Atrium took Lord Rack by happy surprise, but he did not have the time to appreciate it fully. "Mia!" Lord Rack floated up after the spirit half in amusement and half in horror, placing himself between the drunken science... (malpractice? xD) god and any further buttcheek pinchings on his buddy or fists to the new company. He made an awkward choking noise at the sight of BacardixKahtrak, as neither were really... well... it was absurd enough for him to grimace and clutch at his abs, which were suffering from withheld laughter. Pulling himself together, he approached Bacardi to jeer at him amicably. "Since we are already getting so, -" he tried not to snort- "-close with each other, I believe it would be the right time to introduce yourself, my good fellow!" He held out a hand to shake one of Bacardi's many arms. "...May I high five every one of those?" Dangit, it would take a year, but he asked against all better judgment, after all.
Mia goes of to look at the asteroid sky again. Her closest approximation a divine entity has to blood is boiling.
Amelia had gone the smart route and had kept on ignoring him. She had dealt with worse. At least he was only annoying.
Bacardi jovially shook Lord Rack's single hand with one of his own single hands. Yeah, he could technically shake with all of his hands but that'll take forever you know. As far as Bacardi could tell, the forever could be used for other things - like science. Or drunk science.

"HELLO EXTREMELY SEXY LOOKING STRANGER THAT SOMEHOW LOOKS EVEN MORE ATTRACTIVE THROUGH THE VENEER OF SYMBOLIC DIVINE DRUNKENNESS. I AM BACARDI CLEAR, GOD OF SCIENCE IN THE EVERLASTING QUEST FOR BEAUTS AND BOOTY. ALSO MAY I SAY, YOU HAVE QUITE A BOOTY INDEED."