(Sign-ups Closed) 13th MG: Fully Automated Battlegrounds

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
In this game, you will control be represented by an army of your design. You will fight to become stronger, and become stronger to fight. Strategically (or randomly) arrange armies, capture/recruit monsters and minions, and combat other players/NPC zones for glory and sweet sweet loot.

---

Before each update players may do any combination of the following:
  • Schedule an (1) attack on either a player or zone
  • Set up a defence to combat invaders
  • Spend glory on new units
  • Upgrade units with experience / duplicate units
  • Trade your units with others

When scheduling an attack, a player or a zone (with difficulty) must be chosen, with up to 10 units selected. Units that die in combat are not lost, and are gained back at the end of the battle. However, they will be unavailable for battling on the next turn. Experience, gold, and units may all be earned from combat.

Defending yourself works in the same way (with up to 10 units selected). If no defenders are selected, 10 (or as many as are available) random units will defend. In the case that you are attacked multiple times, the same defenders will be used, with dead defenders replaced by other not-dead units.

When spending glory to purchase units, you gain a random unit of a rarity dependant on how much you spend from the zone selected (5 - common, 10 - uncommon, 30 - rare). This can be done as many times as you want in a turn, with as many different zones as you want. Units purchased may defend or attack for you, but you will not know what they are before the battle.

There are many ways to improve your units, but the most important thing to know is that all units of the same type (that you own) are improved when improving them. Units may be levelled with experience, costing 50 + (5 per level). This will improve their stats and abilities incrementally. Units of the same type may also be sacrificed to increase that unit's rarity, adjusting its base stats and abilities. The cost of this is 5 copies + (5 per previous sacrifices). This cannot go over 6, so while typical commons can be advanced this way 5 times {for a grand total of 75 copies}, a mythical unit could only be advanced once.

If two players agree to a trade, the units will be exchanged. The units being traded cannot be put on defence or sent out to attack.

---

LINK TO DOC OF KNOWN MONSTER STUFF

SIGN-UPS:
Your Starters (pick 4, multiples allowed): Pink Lady, Quasit, Wall, Adventurer, Lost Soul
Custom Zone (you will get 1 more unit from it): [your idea here]

At this time, I will only be accepting 8 players, with more if I think I can handle it. This game will be starting in less than a week.

SpoilerShow

---

ZONES
Dungeon of Beginnings
Anime Harbour
RE: 13th MG: Fully Automated Battlegrounds
Alright, I got my first participant. And by got, I mean I convinced my friend to play.

<friend>
Starters: Lost Soul x4
Zone: Anime Harbour
Bonus Starter: Chibi Skipper x1

Discovered Units:
SpoilerShow

I will be also using this page to record player stuff (unspent experience / glory, creatures).

-------------------------

<friend>
1 Glory
7 Experience
Lost Soul x4 (lvl 1, *); Chibi Skipper x1 (lvl 1, *); Quasit x1 (lvl 1, *)
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: 13th MG: Fully Automated Battlegrounds
TURN 1

<friend>
You send all your armies to the Dungeon of Beginnings (Normal).

Your Armies:
Lost Soul x4 (lvl 1, *)
Chibi Skipper x1 (lvl 1, *)

Enemies Armies:
Quasit x1
Wall x1
Adventurer x2
Green Slime x2

SUMMARY:
SpoilerShow

FULL BATTLE LOG:
SpoilerShow

Rewards:
7 Experience
1 Glory
Quasit x1
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: (Sign-ups Closed) 13th MG: Fully Automated Battlegrounds
TURN 2

<friend>
You send your quasit to the Dungeon of Beginnings (Normal).

Your Armies:
Quasit x4 (lvl 1, *)

Enemies Armies:
Wall x1 (lvl 1, *)

SUMMARY:
SpoilerShow

FULL BATTLE LOG: 14 uasit
SpoilerShow

Rewards:
12 Experience
1 Glory
Adventurer x1
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Bingogogo
I'm not sure how to update this so I can't make a more substantial post. The link to the doc still works, so that's a good sign, but I am not plunging waist deep in the muck to locate the mechanics page.
Sig:
SpoilerShow