Bionicle Fantasy Thing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bionicle Fantasy Thing
Bionicle Fantasy Thing
SpoilerShow

Begin

[Image: tumblr_o5jq9voOR91u8k3rho5_1280.png]

You are Kopaka, Toa of Crystal. As such, you have the basic capabilities for controlling ice. Adorning your head is the Akaku mask, which comes with basic sensory enhancements. In your hands are a sword and shield, and you also have a satchel.

As one of six Toa, you are on a quest to end the chaos engulfing this world. LIGHT and DARK are at war, and their conflict is consuming the Matoran. The children of LIGHT and DARK, those who founded the Matoran sects, created the Toa as protectors for their respective sects. Six sects, six children, six Toa.

You are behind an outcrop, on the mountainside. You hear thumping.
RE: Bionicle Fantasy Thing
Examine items on the ground.
[Image: 6LGz4x9.png]
Carve a knife out of the ice. You may need it.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Find the thumping source.
~◕ w◕~
> Be a cool, brooding loner at the noise.
oh no.. thumping! watch out for snowworms
Examine items on the ground.

[Image: tumblr_o5lbmkeIQh1u8k3rho1_1280.png]

This is a rope. It is about a meter in length.

[Image: tumblr_o5lbmkeIQh1u8k3rho2_1280.png]
Also on the ground is a fire gem. Fire gems are given out by the apostles of Fire, native to the city of Ta-Koro, primarily for those on missions into Ko-Wahi. This is the most probable explanation for it's presence here. You consider where the matoran could've gotten off to.

Elemental gems are utilized for the storage and transport of elemental energies. Fire gems can absorb heat and retain it, or be made to combust under the right circumstances. You've heard stories of Matoran who dump them into magma chambers to induce volcanic activity. Something about feedback loops. Doesn't really matter, this one's out of buzz and heat isn't exactly at a surplus here.

Not that you would want to use it anyway.

Carve a knife out of the ice. You may need it.

[Image: tumblr_o5lbmkeIQh1u8k3rho3_1280.png]

You already have a sword. However, a lighter tool might come in handy. It doesn't hurt to have more blades lying around.

Find the thumping source.

[Image: tumblr_o5lbmkeIQh1u8k3rho4_1280.png]

It is already here.

An enraged muaka slinks in front of you. Matoro said there'd been a muaka sighted around this area, but this one looks worse for wear. Tentacles aren't a normal facet of their species. It gurgles, and you can hear a faint whistle droning out of it. It definitely is not healthy.

However, as this abnormally aggressive feline already belongs to a predator species, you should probably be considering your own survival right now.

You've just got to stay cool.
Keep some distance, but don't attack just yet.
Throw a rock at it
~◕ w◕~
You can control ice, right? Try moving around the ice knife... with your miiiiiiind.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Bionicle Fantasy Thing
You can control ice, right? Try moving around the ice knife... with your miiiiiiind.

[Image: tumblr_o5naakpj301u8k3rho1_1280.png]
Well, you would like to. That sounds awesome. But, awesomeness aside, your powers don't really govern levitation, even if it is of ice. Any airtime this knife is going to get will be from inertia.

Maybe if you had Turaga Nuju's Matatu mask... or if that green flying fuck was around... there are legends of the Golden One using raw energy to override gravity... then there are rumors of inventive matoran harnessing the same capabilities...

Oh! Um, but your powers extend to:
-The capacity to form ice where the proper materials exist.
-The ability to change the speed and direction of the flow of ice.
-The ability to cool various materials which are not naturally resistant to frost.
-The ability to change the density of ice.

Your parent, Icel, back in the central Sanctum of Ko-Koro, has powers beyond your reach, including the manipulation of ~warmer~ crystals. They were surely becoming too preoccupied with their own concerns, as you were created to find a solution to the chaos and to defend the Ice Tribe. Heloc can find a way to grant you additional abilities.

They're just that cool.

ice puns

Keep some distance, but don't attack just yet.

[Image: tumblr_o5naakpj301u8k3rho2_1280.png]

You wait. Planning for the worst, but hoping the muaka cools off.
The humming is getting louder. Sharper.
It seems the animal is as cold as you are.

ice puns ice puns ice puns

[Image: tumblr_o5naakpj301u8k3rho3_1280.png]

The muaka is insistent. It is going to get a... cold reception.

me and my army of ice puns shall become lords in hellllll!!!

Oh also those weird mask tentacle things were actually screaming. That's where the humming came from. ????
Make more ice puns at it to force it to... chill out.
> Isn't this whole place made of ice? Collapse its footing out from under it!
UPDOOT/Notice:

Sorry for the delay, I've been, well, as scattershot as ever for myself (darn it, ADD...) and also playing Dark Souls III way too much. Also, whenever I get off track with a project I start to doubt my ability to deliver anything substantial.

However, going by that last bit, I really need to keep this active for my own psychological health. Gotta keep busy.

Y'all can expect an update in the next couple of days. Thanks for the support.

Also, I've been working on fleshing out the setting for all this. Retooling some of the OC names, getting elemental symbolism fleshed out, maybe creating a reference map (maybe), etc. I'm basing a lot of the names of characters and roles on the Nahuatl language, a refection of Lego's coopting of Maori. I loove mesoamerican & Aztec religion and culture, so y'all can expect some hard-to-pronounce names coming soon! :P
> Isn't this whole place made of ice? Collapse its footing out from under it!

[Image: tumblr_o6rw83h3pE1u8k3rho1_1280.png]
You start by reinforcing your shield with a coating of ice. All it needs to do is buy time.

[Image: tumblr_o6rw83h3pE1u8k3rho2_1280.png]

Jamming your sword into the ice and snow, you reverberate your will throughout the lattices. The layers of frost coating this mountain respond and shift, dropping the ground out from under the beast.

[Image: tumblr_o6rw83h3pE1u8k3rho3_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_o6rw83h3pE1u8k3rho4_1280.png]

You now have a muaka in a pit. Despite the change in its altitude, it has yet to cool down.