MSPA Madness 2016

MSPA Madness 2016
MSPA Madness 2016
So the MSPA Forums are down. whee I think it's the man, trying to stop me from starting MSPA Madness on time. WELL GUESS WHAT. There is more than one forum, so until they get back up, guess this is the temporary main-base of it, because a forum is so much nicer than the other options.

For the past three years, I've held a tournament to determine the best*†‡§‖¶ character in all of MS Paint Adventures. Well, it's time again for this contest!

At this link, you will find the form to fill out your top sixty-four characters from any MS Paint Adventures thing. Fill out as many or as few as you want, and hopefully, on Saturday the 19th, the voting will end. However, if the MSPA Forums aren't back up soon, this will probably be delayed to give them a fair chance to vote in this round as well.

So what are you waiting for? Go on and vote in the qualifying round of MSPA Madness 2016!
RE: MSPA Madness 2016
Submitted - afraid I could only think of 16 characters, however. Good luck on your project!
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
mspa is down?

*checks mspa*

oh. so it is. Melonspa
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
So, while the MSPA Forums continue to do who knows what (real sign of confidence there, me), let's get this back up to speed on what has happened.

First, after over 30 attempts, I recorded a video of the bracket, and then a lot more quickly created an actual bracket.

Then the preliminary voting finished, putting a pumpkin, Diamonds Droog, Snowman, and Definitely Sane Man into the field over Skipper Plumbthroat, Bro, fedoraFreak, and Mobius Trip, respectively.

And now, everyone character is actively in the voting, so go out there and vote by clicking this SUBTLE LINK to the current round of voting.
I call shenanigans on the pumpkin winning.
(03-27-2016, 04:36 AM)Wheat Wrote: »the page that the subtle link leads to says "first round." how do I get to later rounds?
You'll get to them from probably equally subtle links when they exist. Of which the second round will likely exist on the 29th. Maybe on the 28th, but don't be too certain of that.
(03-27-2016, 05:38 AM)Wheat Wrote: »e: I don't know who half of these people are. what's a nektan whaleman
these are names out of a doctor seuss book I swear

Seems we're too old and out of touch with the youth of today.
You forgot to put any of my characters in the bracket. Just letting, you know. Cheers -g0m
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
(03-28-2016, 02:13 AM)g0m Wrote: »You forgot to put any of my characters in the bracket. Just letting, you know. Cheers -g0m
Not every character you vote for gets in. Unless if you are the writer of mysterious VOTE7, in which case wait and see...

Although if you were VOTE7, you did get a 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7 seed in so you can't complain. And in fact, only 3 people didn't get their number 1 choice in, and of them, two got their number 2 choice and the third got their number 4 choice in.

So everyone had at least someone make it and you're just exaggerating because you put one character on there four times, another on there twice, and missed "MSPA" for five of them.
Folks, I didn't want to have to do this, but it looks like I'm going to have to take steps to make sure my voice is heard. That's right - I'm going to be making my own competing MSPA March Madness 2016 Tournament.
and i will suggest nonexistent characters in it. Like kermit the frog with two samurai swords smoking a blunt
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
For what I assume are obvious reasons, there will be no voter participation in my Tournament.
Can a small dog be one of the contestants at least?
I took it all off my itunes months or years ago but it's time.

time to listen to homestuck music nonstop and get pumped!!
(03-29-2016, 02:54 AM)g0m Wrote: »Folks, I didn't want to have to do this, but it looks like I'm going to have to take steps to make sure my voice is heard. That's right - I'm going to be making my own competing MSPA March Madness 2016 Tournament.
Glad to know that there's gonna be the NIT (Not In-MSPA Tournament). Winning that is going to be no slouch (she says with her college still in).
ANYWAY guess like I should post the end results of the first round and provide another SUBTLE LINK to the next round. And unfortunately there's no tables so it's going to look great (That's my secret to everything, tables).

Land of Crypts and Helium
1) Roxy Lalonde defeats 16) Pumpkin with 83.93% of the vote.
8) Jasproseprite^2 defeats 9) Becquerel with 58.93% of the vote.
4) Nepeta Leijon defeats 13) Lil Cal with 74.55% of the vote.
5) Pickle Inspector defeats 12) Cronus Ampora with 70.91% of the vote.
2) Jack Noir defeats 15) Whistles with 92.73% of the vote.
7) Doc Scratch defeats 7) Latula Pyrope with 67.86% of the vote.
3) Aradia Megido defeats 14) Humanimals with 85.45% of the vote.
6) Condesce defeated by 11) Death with 61.11% of the vote.

Land of Frost and Frogs
1) John Egbert defeats 16) Ham with 83.33% of the vote.
8) Davesprite defeats 9) Tavros Nitram with 76.36% of the vote.
4) Dirk Strider defeats 13) Gl'bygolyb with 75.00% of the vote.
5) Problem Sleuth defeats 12) Diamonds Droog with 56.36% of the vote.
2) Terezi Pyrope defeats 15) Shale Imp with 91.07% of the vote.
7) Aranea Serket defeated by 10) Crowbar with 55.36% of the vote.
3) Jade Harley defeats 14) Geromy with 77.19% of the vote.
6) Andrew Hussie defeats 11) Ms Paint with 56.36% of the vote.

Land of Caves and Silence
1) Dave Strider defeats 16) Definitely Sane Man with 84.21% of the vote.
8) Jake English defeated by 9) Autoresponder with 55.36% of the vote.
4) Wayward Vagabond defeats 13) Duck with 90.91% of the vote.
5) Sollux Captor defeats 12) Casey with 52.73% of the vote.
2) Vriska Serket defeats 15) Flothers with 82.14% of the vote.
7) Ace Dick defeats 10) Nervous Broad with 68.42% of the vote.
3) Meenah Peixes defeats 14) Honeybee Professor with 73.21% of the vote.
6) Calliope defeats 11) Snowman with 52.73% of the vote.

Land of Heat and Clockwork
1) Karkat Vantas defeats 16) Nektan Whelan with 89.09% of the vote.
8) Dad Egbert defeats 9) Kankri Vantas with 72.73% of the vote.
4) Caliborn defeats 13) (Vriska) with 56.36% of the vote.
5) Peregrine Mendicant defeats 12) Ice Cream Man with 80.00% of the vote.
2) Rose Lalonde defeats 15) Jude Harley with 92.73% of the vote.
7) Davepetasprite^2 defeats 10) Porrim Maryam with 75.44% of the vote.
3) Kanaya Maryam defeats 14) Yaldabaoth with 85.96% of the vote.
6) Lord English defeated by 11) Clubs Deuce with 52.73% of the vote.

Round 2 Voting!
i chose the objectively correct answers and most of them lost this is rigged
What sort of world do we live in that lord English loses to Clubs Deuce?
You say that as though that's not exactly the kind of thing that'd happen
(03-30-2016, 02:05 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »What sort of world do we live in that lord English loses to Clubs Deuce?

The correct one obviously.

Also Keiros why did you put all the best characters in the LOHAC branch, this contest is clearly rigged.
What the hell, Clubs Deuce IS better than Lord English. I didn't even VOTE in the first round and that's obvious.

I feel bad for possibly being biased since I voted every single Problem Sleuth character, but okay, they're just really good. I love Nepeta but she has nothing on PI.

EDIT: Wait, how did Doctor Brinner not get in the first 64???!?!? It's DOCTOR BRINNER! He's one of the most important MSPA characters of all time! He was the MAIN FRICKIN' PROTAGONIST of what is arguably Hussie's true magnum opus and no one cared about him!? AT ALL!?
(03-30-2016, 05:27 PM)Coldblooded Wrote: »Also Keiros why did you put all the best characters in the LOHAC branch, this contest is clearly rigged.
The vote is a cruel, harsh mistress.
(03-31-2016, 09:21 PM)Reecer6 Wrote: »EDIT: Wait, how did Doctor Brinner not get in the first 64???!?!? It's DOCTOR BRINNER! He's one of the most important MSPA characters of all time! He was the MAIN FRICKIN' PROTAGONIST of what is arguably Hussie's true magnum opus and no one cared about him!? AT ALL!?
Even better: Since no other characters from Doctor Brinner (not even General Negakipper, for some reason) received votes, he would have been in had anyone put him down. Like I said, cruel, harsh mistress.
EMESPEAY MADNESS MARCHES FORWARD!

With the last round results in, we are down to only nine competitors. Which nine are they? Well, check the spoilers out for each division to see who won:

wweh Division:
SpoilerShow

Bucket Division
SpoilerShow

FUCKASS Division
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Okay, for real, the results.

Land of Crypts and Helium
1) Roxy Lalonde defeats 8) Jasproseprite^2 with 87.5% of the vote.
4) Nepeta Leijon defeated by 5) Pickle Inspector with 62.5% of the vote.
2) Jack Noir defeats 7) Doc Scratch with 60% of the vote.
3) Aradia Megido defeats 11) Death with 62.5% of the vote.

Land of Frost and Frogs
1) John Egbert 8) Davespritewith 62.5% of the vote.
4) Dirk Strider defeated by 5) Problem Sleuth with 60% of the vote.
2) Terezi Pyrope defeats 10) Crowbar with 80% of the vote.
3) Jade Harley defeats 6) Andrew Hussie with 77.5% of the vote.

Land of Caves and Silence
1) Dave Strider defeats 9) Autoresponder with 87.5% of the vote.
4) Wayward Vagabond defeats 5) Sollux Captor with 87.5% of the vote.
2) Vriska Serket defeats 7) Ace Dick with 72.5% of the vote.
3) Meenah Peixes defeated by 6) Calliope with 60% of the vote.

Land of Heat and Clockwork
1) Karkat Vantas defeats 8) Dad Egbert with 75% of the vote.
4) Caliborn defeated by 5) Peregrine Mendicant with 65% of the vote.
2) Rose Lalonde defeats 7) Davepetasprite^2 with 57.5% of the vote.
3) Kanaya Maryam defeats 11) Clubs Deuce with 65% of the vote.

AND THE CONTESTS YOU WERE ALL WAITING FOR:
SpoilerShow

Saccharine Sixteen Voting!
Calliope is doing a lot better than I'd expected.

Also you got a little missing word between john and davesprite there.